The Spirits Within [The Spirits Within] So who else wants to pretend this film never existed?

i agree with what most of you are saying, great film, crap final fantasy film

Thank goodness Advent Children came along, a proper Final Fantasy film.

To tell the truth, I loved this film! Probably the only big mistake this film made was that it didn't clarify before release that it was Sci-fi fantasy. Everyone hates it because they can't bear to have sci-fi affiliated with FF when they fail to remember that FF is half sci-fi, half fantasy. Apparently, alot of people majorly just didn't like this film because it was 75% sci-fi intead of the typical 50%.

Well I saw this film before I was really into the FF series, and I loved it. I thought it had a good overall storyline, the graphics were great and the different personas given to th main characters were all superb. The love story in it was also effective.

I admit it wasn't really FF-ish but it is still a great film. When I think of the FF series I certainly wouldn't include it, but again that doesn't stop it being a good film.

I know this is late and all but that movie just plain sucked eggs. Where's the summons, man!

I think the main reason they put "Final Fantasy" in the title was to attract the fans of the series to pay good money to see/purchase the movie.

Just because it didn't meet the expectation of those people, however, it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.

Me personally, I loved the idea of the environment that it was set in.

it should definitely exist...just under a different name.

the movie wasn't very good, mainly cause the story and characters were weak, but it still had amazing animation at the time. It's like FF X-2 to me. Good game/movie, but not final fantasy

They used a somewhat misleading title.

The movie was not bad, but something with the name 'FINAL FANTASY' in it needs to be PLAYED not watched. Damn misleading titles. i was hoping for a movie based on the game but i saw nothing like the games in it.... my vote goes against the movie for shattering my hopes :(

I dislike this film alot. I wasted my time and money watching it. If it wasnt a Final Fantasy film, then maybe it would have been a success. But because it had the Final Fantasy logo slapped on it, we expected it to be great.

I didn't know it was a final fantasy film until the credits rolled and i said it sucked. ah well, that's the way things go :dry:

I didnt mind the movie. the story line was ok and the graphics were out of this world. I will admit that the reason i bouth the movie was because they stuck to word Final Fantasy in front of the title

see u would have to be a little more open minded about the movie to me it wasn't what i expect but still good

The movie is crap, why couldnt they just make another sequel to one of the games like Advent Children.

Because it would have been more pointless then SW?

The horror of this movies existance will haunt me until I die. I will try to pretend it doesn't exists, but I doubt that'll help my nightmares.

Back