The Spirits Within [The Spirits Within] So who else wants to pretend this film never existed?

This movie is the reason why Square is With Enix. They lost sooo much money making this film it wasn't funny xD. Now Enix is experiencing and increase in sales just because of it's name xD. Way to Go Square!

Well I don't necesarly hate this movie but at the same time I don't like it either. On the one hand you have a CG movie that looks absolutely beautiful and is voice acted by some of hollywoods big name stars. But on the other hand it's title "final fantasy" makes you think it's some kind of swords and sorccery movie. That'l make you want to play the games or take interest in the series. But sadly the film wasn't it was a sci-fi film that had a sort of FF8 feel to it that didn't belong with the story. It was a good thing that it was made because now Square can learn from it's mistakes. And make improvements for it's later films like Advent children.

it was a total waste of money... ok that was harsh. it was good in the fact it developed the technology for graphics and dubbing... a bit. apart from that it just sucked. the took a storyline that could have gone somewhere and then they just screwed up. no development no Final fantasy elements hardly apart from the spirits and everyone but the lead dies. how much does that suck. do i need to say any more

My reaction was exactly the same as when I went to see SW episode 1. I wanted it to be great so much that I stupidly went to the cinema twice just to check.

No, I think its dreadful. So many lines of diologue ripped straight out of Aliens, even some of the scenes (APC anyone?).

Having said that, I'm glad it was made, it probably advanced CG technology and that can't be a totally bad thing.

I had forgotten...until this pole was created. lol.

I don't think it was a waste. They tried, and I appreciate them for that. I don't really like the storyline or some of the characters, but I like the CG graphics, even though it was too science-fiction for me.

I didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. Of course it's been a few years, but still. I didn't mind the science fiction aspect or storyline at all. It was different for an FF [movie] and I liked that about it. Not sure why. A lot of cheesy dialogue at times though and the storyline wasn't incredibly creative. But it wasn't omg awful, at least not to me.

I liked the film. I just dont think it should be a FF film...it had nothing to do with FF really..

This flick os one hell of a movie even though its nothing related to the FF world,everything in this flick is pretty damn awesome,story characters graphics everything its actually quite sad and touching at the end. best flick in my opinion and it ownz.

Ditto. I don't even know why the title has the words, "Final Fantasy". halfway through this piece of crap, I stabbed my eyes out with the tips of my lenses, and chewed through my own wrists to end my suffering... In retrospect, sad, considering I could have simply turned the tv off...

Back