The Spirits Within [The Spirits Within] So who else wants to pretend this film never existed?

Graphically it trounced all over AC. The Sid character looked so lifelike, my mum thought he was real!

Storywise, sure it didn't have any FF elements, but it was still decent nonetheless.

the movie was peace of shit and The Girl is peace of shit...she can't even kill the monsters and she keeps dreaming!! for god sake we want to see the movie not ur damn dreams!!

Your grammar, DarkSquall.

the movie was peace of shit and The Girl is peace of shit...she can't even kill the monsters and she keeps dreaming!! for god sake we want to see the movie not ur damn dreams!!

I'm sorry. I'd like to take this oppritunity to give you lessons in grammar.

The movie was a piece of shit, and the girl is a piece of shit! She can't even kill the monsters, and she keeps dreaming! For god's sake, we want to see the movie, not your damn dreams!!

That is how everything should have been posted. Once again, I'm sorry. Especially if you think I'm a pain in the ass for doing it.

I'm sorry. I'd like to take this oppritunity to give you lessons in grammar.

The movie was a piece of shit, and the girl is a piece of shit! She can't even kill the monsters, and she keeps dreaming! For god's sake, we want to see the movie, not your damn dreams!!

That is how everything should have been posted. Once again, I'm sorry. Especially if you think I'm a pain in the ass for doing it.

haha that made my day xP
no hard feelings DS ^^

I didn't like the movie, but I'm glad someone actually spent some time and effort into making a CG movie.

The movie wasn't bad.

Just stop comparing it to Final Fantasy. :P

It was good on its own, and as mentioned before, would be well-liked if there was no 'Final Fantasy' in the title. (My opinion, of course)

IMO, the only good thing about this movie was the CG, otherwise, it totally let me down. It should not have the name final fantasy at all..

It's like making a movie that has harry potter in the name, but it's filmed like rambo. Some names have gotten so stuck to one specific thing, (like Harry Potter or Final Fantasy) that having a movie filmed about something completely different just doesn't make sense.

This is just my opinion though.

It's like making a movie that has harry potter in the name, but it's filmed like rambo. Some names have gotten so stuck to one specific thing, (like Harry Potter or Final Fantasy) that having a movie filmed about something completely different just doesn't make sense.

This is just my opinion though.

yeah, gotta agree there

I have to agree with you. Having something so completely against the built-up theme...

But, I still think it was alright, so long as I don't compare it to FF. And really, which one WOULD you compare it to? Nothing similar, outside of a few names...

This was a poor for a film on any level, it had absolutly nothing to with FF. Although it does deserve credit for it's graphics other than that i'm ashamed.

Graphics were brilliant, but other than that, it was rubbish. I hated that film. I don't even know why I rented it from my shop. It was a waste of money and time. It had nothing at all to do with Final Fantasy.

Hell it sucked, Theres only two reasons to buy this.
1. It has the words 'Final Fantasy' in it.
2. If its on sale at half of half price and 10 bucks off and a 99% discount.

Last edited:
I don't see how it's that unlike Final Fantasy. I could see how the movie could be turned into a game. It's fictional, there's a hero, there's a group of people completing tasks (collecting those thingies she needs) and killing monsters, and they save the world in the end. The only things not really Final Fantasy-like are the fact that it somewhat takes place in a real location, the lack of chocobos and Cid :), and there wasn't exactly a final boss (though there was a final dungeon), and I guess there wasn't exactly a main villain they had to fight.

There's a lot more story and less fighting in the movie vs a FF game, but it is a movie and not a game.

And I don't think they would've made any money had they not called it Final Fantasy.

I was quite disappointed it wasn't very 'Final Fantasy-ish' but besides that, I found it very boring :( The characters didn't appeal to me really, and the storyline didn't draw me in either :x

Back