How often do you swear?

I like never ever use it. I only use it on forums. I never use it any day If I am mad I just say shit or others like hell or bitch. I am not really a swearer because they mean nothing to me. I only swear when I am mad but never the f word.

Too many times to count seeing as my mates are always playing jokes on me and everyone else. So its the only response that actually works with them so....
I use it more than 100+ a day.

Depends.. I don't swear in front of other people, at people or among people. If I'm annoyed I usually use a variant of the word that sounds similar like "frag" or.. "smeg". But mostly "frag".

It's just the way I was brought up, to see swearing in front of people as a sin! Oh noes! I mean I even got smacked publically as a child for saying God once.. Like "God that silly" or something followed by *smack!* "Don't you use the lords name in vain!"

But... When I'm on my own I must sound like I have tourettes... I'm F'ing and blinding all the time, shouting and screaming at the sky. "Whoever is up there, you're an f'in n*bhead!" I didn't used to be like that, but it's became increased lately, so thats where I let all my swearing energy go. And I do see it as some kind of release.. putting the blame off from yourself onto some being that decided your fate for you is a much easier thing to deal with.

And swear words have a lot of energy behind them. Not just their vulgar content, but the way they sound.. It's almost like speaking German for a bit... Some are really agressive words that when you scream them out or just say them make you feel better somehow.

But yeah, not in front of others.

I use it more often than I can count, it's easily my most used swear word. I don't really have a problem with using it in front of strangers, I try to watch my language in front of children and the elderly, as a sign of respect though.

A lot. I was terrible in high school, and ended up at one point being suspended for it. I didn't start using it at home until a couple of months ago, and now I use it like I use the word "like." It's terrible.

10-15 times a day average. When I was with my ex.. sometimes way too much. When we'd be spooning, bored watching a movie or something, just to give each other shit- (I'll censor) "Shut the **** up." "**** you." "Quit ****in poking me." "Kiss me b**ch."

You get the idea :P

fuckitty fucking fuck fuckerson :monster:

I say it a lot. But not like every sentence. Though, I usually say fuck the most when I'm playing guitar and get frustrated that I can't play something or get the rhythm right.

Wellllll.... Considering I'm from NY and we're a bunch of stressful fucks... Yes, I do use it quite often but I try not to. I'm not as bad as I use to be though. I try to not say due to respect when being in public. I do my best to watch my words around children as well.

I tend to yell out fuck when I'm either in a stressful or angry mood.

Wow you guys sure swear alot lol. Well to me its just different. Well is there like any point of saying the f word? I find there really isnot a point. Why do so many people use the f word? Oh also I think people should not use foul language. Well it is up to them. But whats funny about the f word? I laugh everytime I hear it.

It's kind of like a habit

but you know, i bet less people would say it if other people would stop saying it was a bad word :monster:

I started saying it when I was a kid because being bad was cool. So later down the road, it became a force of habit to say it every now and then. :awesome:

never swear at all.......and because of that people already say im polite :S usually when i have something bad to say, i make a huge speech about it....
reminded me of the commercial in movie Idiocracy....was somth like ''if you dont smoke _______ , fuck you''

So basically, how often do you cuss? :wacky: It embarrasses me whenever I cuss to be honest, so I avoid it at all cost. That and I'm just not used to saying profane words. I'm just weird like that. Heck, I hardly use profanity even online. I will use it when I'm really angry though. A few can attest to that.
Same here. I won't cuss unless I am very angry. Which rarely happens, but it does happen from time to time.

Too much, especially at work, i get stressed then every word is a bad one. Sorta goes with the accent aswell, not many scottish folk who dont know how to use the f word in a sentence. I dont swear as much round my mum, i try and be more polite same with my mums mates aswell.

Wow you guys sure swear alot lol. Well to me its just different. Well is there like any point of saying the f word? I find there really isnot a point. Why do so many people use the f word? Oh also I think people should not use foul language. Well it is up to them. But whats funny about the f word? I laugh everytime I hear it.

You tell me! :O lol. I've never laughed at hearing the word.

I know some people who use it 4 times in a short sentence, in front of every word... Trying to be cool. I can't stand that so much. When people are angry I understand, as it is a bit of a release. But meh. :P

I think a swear word makes a person feel better for a number of reasons. Firstly the content and meaning of the words are rather explicit, making the person feel like a badass mother fragger for saying them, but the meaning of these words are forgotten most times the words are used...

An "effing tw*t of a book" is not a book with a vagina getting busy, it is people shouting at a book because they are angry at the amount they have to read or find it difficult to read a certain book etc.

Also the words sound agressive in many cases. Few words sound as agressive in the english language as the f-word. Saying words that sound agressive I believe helps relieve strain on occasion.

But mainly I think it is blame placement. When people drop a hammer on their toe they'd scream it out, perhaps doing their bit too blame and tell off the invisible force of fate for having the hammer drop on your toe. Doing this makes you feel better than if you sat down and then spoke to yourself quietly saying "now, that was a silly thing to do. You should not have swung that hammer around like that, you naughty person!".

Not as much of a release as yelling out "f*ckety f*cker sh*tting b*stard son of a b*tch hammer of tw*tness!"

I try not to swear too much.

Mind you I do it quite often because I always seem to be stressed. My way of dealing with stress is throwing things around and swearing in the process.

I'm very edgy.

However I have toned it down since highschool, back when it was apparently 'cool' to swear.

I really don't like it and think it's really unlady-like but sometimes it just comes out without me realising.

I remember when I was 19 I rarely swore up until I met my boyfriends friend who said 'fuck' in between each word just about.

Unfortunately it kind of rubbed off and I'm now trying to get it out of my system again. >_<

I guess i have a great self-restrain. I have never used any swear words verbally, even when provoked. However, i only swear in my thoughts, or inaudibly under various situations.

I.....uhhh....well i guess i swear alot but not to the point where every sentence i say theres some swearing so just most of the time .I only say fuck in like when im realllllllllllllllllly stressed but i say damn so many times until it actually became my favorite word o_O I usually say to ppl when they keep talking and i get annoyed rand rily dont care no more i say "I don't fuckin damn care for whatever the shit your saying!!" *sorry u had 2 see that* but I rily dont consider "hell" a bad word

Well im not THAt bad when it comes to swearing or cursing etc etc. I certainly am not as bad as my dad... but I do sometimes have a mouth. I guess hearing it as often as I did growing up I got use to them and now it sortofish got to me XDD I know it isnt an excuse but I curse alot more when im not madXD well i mean i still curse when I'm mad but, -;sigh-; idk anymore I usually curse a lot with my buds xD do it to be funny I guess and bitch eachother out xD I quite enjoy it xD but I usually tone it or try to-- when theres guest etc etc.

Few times in my entire have I used a swear word or cursed. Well, I sometimes respond with a "damn" if I am particularly surprised/impressed by something I hear, but I try to not even use that much either, that's what I have to work on, then my language should be pretty much clean almost all the time.

It isn't foul now really, just that word from time to time, trying to use darn or dang as a substitute for the word damn. xD

But yeah, I try to be as clean a person as I can be when it comes to stuff like that. I don't smoke or drink either, even though I am now in my 20's (quite early though, mind you), and I never intend to touch either, I wouldn't do it for any sum of money, because I won't change who I am in that way. :P

Back