How often do you swear?

I curse only during certain situations:

1. While driving.

Because...no one in Florida knows how to drive [except me. xD]. I curse everytime I have to slam the breaks due to a yellow to red light. >/

2. While playing video games.

While playing Crisis Core in Japanese...I cursed, a lot. Just about every character in that game was referred to as a 'pansy-ass-mofo,' and in most cases, they all ended up being homosexual as well. ...In accordance to my swearing. xD

That's about it. I curse sometimes in a joking manner, or when I'm frustrated, but I try to keep it to a minimum.

I don't swear a lot at all in conversation. It's not really an instinct with me and it just sounds wrong anyway when I use words like 'fuck'. >_> I sometimes say 'shit' or 'crap' but even then people are like 'Jane I NEVER hear you swear!'.

I don't really have a problem with others swearing though, although I don't like it when I hear little kids about 7 using bad language. <_< And another thing I hate is how a lot of people round where I live shove as many 'fuck's as they can into a sentence, like 'What the fuck are you fuckin doing ye fuckin wee dick, I'm gonna fuckin gless ya ye wee fuckin prick!' etc. is quite common. :gasp:

I'm an absolute disgrace -_-

I have swore cionstantly since I wasin primary school, I can even pin point the day I actually started swearing in my group of friends. My mate came back from holiday and said shit...if you don't tell I won't and it kinda went from there

I'm awful with 'fuck' I don't even realise I'm saying it sometimes it works it's way into every other sentence. It's actually quite normal round these parts though, if anyone watched Big Brother when that Lisa was in it( who was from my area) I think it was last years....anyway, I swear as much as her

I swear too much, I'm trying to keep it in check, what with the nipper but sometimes Il have to men\tally slap myself when a word slips out

Fvourites being

Fuck
Bollocks
& Dick 'ed

>_>

Last edited:
I keep my mouth fairly clean. When I'm not frustrated at something, I seldom swear without thinking about; however, I'm extremely profane when I get angry.

Contra hit on some situations that can really get the f-bombs flying. Driving, videogames, and pain usually result in my saying a ton of offensive and disgusting words. Cuss words, racial slurs, the works. I have enough control to hold my tongue when people who may be offended are around...most of the time.

I try not to cuss,but there are some people who dont listen unless you swear at them.
I swear at most people in russian though,they just look at you like your insane.

In russian? As in 'Cyиkа' or 'Cykа'? :wacky:
And when I was in spain, there were a lot of Chinese girls swearing, just to see that almost nobody understood...

I was brought up what you'd call "properly", i.e. my parents were strict about me swearing, but I picked it all up anyway from friends and TV, as everyone else does. Its become a pretty much every day thing to swear now though, but I'll still bite it back in the appropriate situations.
Like Dave, I just don't see the point in them being 'bad' words. They're in the English dictionary after all.

Not very often. I don't like to swear, and don't like others swearing. I make an exception for "soft" swearwords. It's the sexual and insulting ones which I hate, especially when used in an offensive way, or used as punctuation, even.

E.g:

"****, last night, I ****** ***** *&3%@, right **** yeah. What did you ***** do, man? ****"

What do people prove by swearing all the time?

Last edited:
I don't tend to do it a lot verbally, I hate the word 'cunt' when said verbally, it just seems such a horrid word. Online though I'm not bothered about swearing or what is said.

I don't think a lot of swear words will be classed as bad words soon, take 'fuck' for example, it has lost its meaning altogether, people just say it nowadays in the most random of situations and it just doesn't have any impact whatsoever.

the furthest i go with swearing is shit but for others i use words with the same start eg. fuck - fudge or i just say some jibberish but at school i usd to swear loads but i guess i stopped when my anger issues stopped

I probably swear way too much as everyone is always telling me 'it's not lady like!' And half the time it happens around random people in public who hear and are offended by it. It sorta happens unconsciously under that circumstance, but I'm able to turn it on and off light a light switch. When I need to be more polite and less offensive, say...in a professional setting, of course I won't swear. But most of the time when I'm alone or with friends or family it'll most likely happen.

I don't really curse often, I do easily and constantly when I am really angry, though. I have a very short temper and it always gets the best of me including my tongue it seems. Usually I don't really dare to curse at all; I was always taught that it wasn't something I should do so I follow the ways I was brought up.

~Tifa~

Yep, I swear almost too casually, though it's the somewhat inoffensive "hell", "damn" or whatever. I go up a level in vocabulary if I'm at least irritated. But funny how we all happen to learn it in the household.

I've actually been cursing more often than usual now. The last time I cursed was a few nights ago - in my dream. I dreamt that my husband was holding a girl's hand and when I confronted him about it, I yelled, "You had to hold her fucking hand just because she was crying?!" That doesn't really sound like me at all though.

But since I'm more stressed out than usual as well, the vile words just slips out of my tongue sometimes and I kick myself over it. I still hate cursing, I really do. So when some people see me curse, they tend to be really surprised.

I never remember my dreams...
Anyway, I curse all the time, even more so when I'm angry. However, I'm polite when in the company of girls or my family.

I'm the polite guy who nearly never swear, only under extreme anger do i use any swear words. Ironically, swear words do pop in my thoughts very often, swearing at this guy or perhaps the bad guy in a particular movie...!

I swear a lot, generally when i get angry or when i'm feeling completely stressed or especially when i'm watching football. I've noticed that i've being doing it much more recently. I'm not sure why though, because i've been living pretty happily at this moment in time.

Anyway, i only swear in front of friends or family, i'm very polite and never swear when i'm with people i don't know or when i'm working.

I used to swear and curse many times a day, due to the way I was influenced by my school and the world around me (aye, a nasty time in life). These days, I do what I can to not curse, and I've done a darn good job at it. The last time I cursed was a month ago. And that was only one word.

I probably swear a little too much. I swear casually whenever I get a little fustrated or annoyed at something, like if I drop my books or something, and sometimes subconciencly in the middle of a sentence to add enthusiasm to the subject. And to think that I hadn't sworn until the end of 6th grade (12 years old) (which is late in my area tbh). Fuck that "it's not lady-like" crap; why is it selected to gender? Too bad, I'm doing it anyway, unless it's in a formal situation where no one should swear. :wacky:

Last edited:
Back