How often do you swear?

I'm pretty sure that I cuss almost every hour. :wacky:

It's completely different in real life than the internet though. :hmmm:

If i feel strongly about something I will emphasize it in my text. :wacky:

I know when I need to be professional-- if im comfortable enough I will curse in front of you. :monster: That means I'm being myself, so you're welcome. ;))

I curse a lot when I'm joking as well... it goes both ways.

Though I tend not to cuss as much when I'm in an arguement--only adds to the fuel.

Interestingly, I reckon I swear more often online than I do in real life. There have been ample cases when I fire off a number of f-bombs only to look back a few minutes later and wonder if I've been too improperly liberal with the profanities. I generally come to the conclusion that I have, but most of the time I make minimal effort to make a swift edit. Chances are, other people have already seen it, so there's little sense and purpose in trying to get rid of it.

Offline, I suppose I do throw the word 'shit' around way too casually. I suppose it's the result of the word being so ubiquitous and so socially drained empty of virtually all of its pejorative intent that it's now simply a word bereft of much meaning and liable to be thrown around in a myriad of occasions. My American flatmate seemed surprised that I flippantly said "it will likely unexpectedly pour down with barely any warning. That's England for you. Shit like that happens". She stared at me for a minute with slight incredulity and just informed me no one is this casual with words like 'shit' back in the United States. :8F:

Having said that, I do make conscious attempts to avoid uttering the word 'fuck' or its derivative forms audibly to anyone. I agree that it sounds awful to litter your spoken sentences with the word (especially if they're redundantly used) and someone may easily think less of your etiquette if you've fallen into the habit of doing it. So instead, I will happily continue to use the word with no qualms on FFF!

I swear quite a bit, but I can it whenever my kids are around, or anyone else's for that matter. I don't mind it so much, but there's certainly a time and a place for it.

I would have to admit I swear far more than should but it's just because it became such a natural thing to me, I have calmed down a bit since we had our second child and if I slip he usually tells me off for it!

Online not so much at least not directly I tend to use short hand such as "ffs" and if I happen to be chatting voice oddly I almost never swear I become very professional?! Go figure.

Not very often. There are some words I just don't like :hmm:

Most you'll hear from me (usually) is "bloody" or a "bloody hell" - and while my parents would argue those are swears, I wouldn't really agree. Especially in contrast to every other word I could use

I swear. Alot. Especially at work when we all talk shit to each other. It's all in good fun and kidding of course. Pretty much the only time I'm not using swear words is when kids are around.
Other than that I swear like a mofo.

Actually not as much now a days. I used to be a sailor, and in fact I remember when I used to like saying "swear" words were just common language for me. I guess I just don't really care enough to swear. Sure if I stub my toe or something I will exclaim a few, but not much.

I've actually been holding my tongue a lot better these days. I really don't swear out of anger anymore, it's more casual like it's a normal part of a sentence, but even that, I rarely do anymore.

It probably has been my vice since I was a kid, and I only do it around certain friends now. So overall, I feel like my swearing days are dwindling down...hopefully.

*Bump and prods for updates*

Leapin’ lizards! I fricking forgot to reply to this gosh darn frackin’ post! Golly gee!

And for Pete’s sake, what was I pluckin’ thinking? I’m sure you don’t give a flying nut - but if you couldn’t already tell I generally try and avoid swearing. For one thing, I have a kid in the house that already has a hard enough time saying fork & clock, and adding other things to his repertoire wouldn’t please dear Grandma Jayne.

For some reason when people find out that I don’t swear this makes them want to not swear around me… and it really isn’t a big deal. Especially if they make it a 'thing' when they slip up or something (or genuinely don't try and act like they did?) I used to swear a lot as a kid & I really didn't find it difficult to stop other than the occasional time I stubbed my toe or something.

I’m not offended by people swearing, I just don’t do it personally. The only time I think it’s really frowned upon is in professional settings when people in clearly higher power starts swearing. They drilled it into our heads as kids to not swear on the job, especially in job interviews. So as a young blossoming adult, to see my potential boss casually slipping in a casual ‘damn’, ‘shit’ or ‘fuck’ in a company wide meeting, it's catches me off-guard. Again, it’s not that I’m offended; I just assumed it social etiquette.

I do say ‘piss’ a lot though, as in ‘That really pisses me off.' I like to say that I don’t see it as a ‘swear’ but I don’t like to say it around the kid, so I have no idea. :hmmm:

My favorite euphemism is fudge. Because fudge is fudging delicious. :gasp:

I don't really swear that much to be honest. I have to be pretty worked up to swear about something, which mostly happens when I get really angry at other drivers when I'm on the road :P

But, yeah, apart from that, I don't swear often. Work also needs me to be professional so I can't let anything slip there either.

I live in Scotland.

That's all I need to say, really.

Fuckin hell this thread is a blast ftom the past hahahaha

#ontopic

Yep, i still swear as much as i did 11 years aho. Only this time, im the old one fist shaking at the youngins

Fml

• Haha
Reactions: Six
Back