Fusionist

Obnoxious Romantic
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Eldeen Modestine
FFXIV Server
Shiva
Alright, so I'm sure most of us who played KH2 probably had Sora going all shadow/heartless form on them out of no where, right? I remember someone saying that there was some invisible counter or something that tallied some value for Sora to become that form, so transforming into that form is not really as random as it seems.

2401628858_c56312ce04.jpg

However, while I can understand this form was just a gameplay gimmick thing (likely based off the Shadow/Heartless Sora that Riku was somehow able to conjure up back in KH1), is there a more relevant reason for it in terms of the story?

Sora did become a heartless back in KH1 when he released Kairi's heart (and his own apparently) from his body with Riku's keyblade, so is it vaguely possible that Sora just somehow now has the ability to go shadow/heartless when he wants to use the power of darkness?

One thing I thought was maybe that Sora turning into his heartless/shadow form was a physical representation of him giving into the dark when he got a little too emo :P

What do you guys think?

I think this should have gone in the general area because it's a thread that posts would count more likely than not.

Maybe just there's a little darkness left over from when he was a heartless so when he's changing forms he's more vulnerable to it and it occasionally takes over his body. Or maybe it was a flaw when the fairies and Yen Sid designed the forms.

Something interesting, with the invisible counter, when you go into final form the chances of anti form go down. So maybe the flaw idea is right and it's that that form is so perfect that it can't be flawed.

It probably has to do with the fact that Anti-Form is only activated when you use Drives too often (there's an equation in there, somewhere) and that it represents Sora relying too heavily on brute strength, and not the strength of his heart, to overcome enemies. Another idea might be that, since "darkness lingers within every heart", and Sora has this connection with Kairi (a Princess of Heart) and Riku's Keyblade, he is able to control himself when he loses himself to the darkness. I'm still sorting out the kinks in that theory. <.<

That form was a bastard when it would just pop up in the middle of the Demyx battle. That's happened to me soooooo many times. I hate it. :mokken:

Anyway, what Davey said was pretty damn awesome. So I'll have to agree with it. There's not really much else for it to be besides that.

Back