• no

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • not bothered about him

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters

Nikkolas

White Mage
Gil
Your opinion on him. I personally see him as one of the best villains in all of videogaming. But I won't go into detail until I hear arguments against him.

A complete freakshow, that's what he is. Just another typical "I will destroy everything" villain. Sephiroth and Kefka had a particular villain style that caught your attention and made you appreciate. I don't really care for Kuja.

Sephiroth didn't have a villain style. He wanted to have sex with alien mommy and destroy the world with a big rock.

Kuja was a mastermind. He manipulated the entire decline of an entire continent while smirking. He laughed merrily as he gleefully destroyed lives. And he was a far cry more intelligent than most antagonists. Even when the goal and strategy he had conceived of for 3/4 of the game was ruined, he adapted and formed a brand new idea for how to ascend to the power he longed for.

Let's nto forget Kuja made the Black Mages. An entire race of people spawned from his dark whim to bring death and die themselves very soon. It was good fun to watch Kuja repeatedly mock your team and speak in such eloquent ways. He was very theatrical while being absolutely hilariously cruel. "Or shall I kill you slowly and painfully to show you my love?"

Maybe he had a cunning mind, but thaty doesn't make him a good villain. To me, he will always be the man with a thong ;)

He was, in fact, just another one of those villains who saw an oppurtunity for power and took it. He ascended into that power, through manipulation and deceit. However, he does not have a particularly evil mind, whereas Seymour, Sephiroth, Kefka, Ultimecia all had goals of world domination/destruction.

Meh ... thong man.

No offense to anyone, but in my opinion Sephiroth wasn't that big of a villain. Most of the game you're just fighting clones of him anyways. He wanted to destroy the world which is crazy, but so did Kuja. Nothing really makes Sephiroth any cooler than Kuja. Kuja was an awesome character, besides the fact that the thong thing threw me off for much of the game:huh: . I have no idea where Square was going with that. At the beginning Kuja was amazingly cool, but then near the end he was kinda getting duller, but at the very end in his trance mode, that was awesome! But at the very very end, when Zidane went to save him I was like huh??? But that's just me.

He was, in fact, just another one of those villains who saw an oppurtunity for power and took it. He ascended into that power, through manipulation and deceit. However, he does not have a particularly evil mind, whereas Seymour, Sephiroth, Kefka, Ultimecia all had goals of world domination/destruction.

Seyour was a child who did what he did because he lost his mommy and lived in a world who hated him.
Sephiroth lost his mind thanks to his Jenova cells in him.
Kefka was insane.

Kuja was made to destroy everything. A living weapon for Garland but he hated so much and had a will so powerful that he started to kill and live to destroy for his own gain. He was not unbalanced. Kuja was quite stable until near the end and knew perfectly well what he was doing. And what he was doing was causing more death and destruction than Ultamecia or Sephiroth or Seymour. Only Kefka could rival Kuja for level of devastation and he did not know what he was doing. His mind was completely lost ot psychosis and you can't call an insane man "evil."

I'd have to agree with you on this. Kuja just seemed a bit more fleshed out, IMHO.

Not to mention, Kuja is freaking terrifying. The man can impose the pain of wearing a thong on himself--that right there gives you an implication of how he'll fuck your shit up--and he'll do it poetically. :cool: LOL.

What's wrong with a thong? =D I love 'em. I guess its a personal thing, though. *shrug*

And yes, he'll slaughter and massacre you with a grin and an eloquent line. It is perfection.

I find them rather uncomfortable. Probably because I was raised in the time when underwear wasn't supposed to ride yer crack or it was called a wedgie. XD

But yes, Kuja = awesome villain.

When I first saw Kuja, I tought he was a girl... then I tought, he is a homo, xP, but oh well, I liked that smirk. Weheheheh!

kyle said:
No offense to anyone, but in my opinion Sephiroth wasn't that big of a villain. Most of the game you're just fighting clones of him anyways. He wanted to destroy the world which is crazy, but so did Kuja. Nothing really makes Sephiroth any cooler than Kuja. Kuja was an awesome character, besides the fact that the thong thing threw me off for much of the game:huh: . I have no idea where Square was going with that. At the beginning Kuja was amazingly cool, but then near the end he was kinda getting duller, but at the very end in his trance mode, that was awesome! But at the very very end, when Zidane went to save him I was like huh??? But that's just me.

Sephiroths goal was to
summon Meteor in order to create an enormous would in the planet, one that would threaten the very life of the planet. Once the spiritual energy, or the lifestream, began to heal that would, Sephiroth would place himself in the middle, becoming one with the Lifestream and, thus, becoming ruler of the planet.
. This information was not in the books that he read, this came from the mind of the Great Sephiroth.

Seyour was a child who did what he did because he lost his mommy and lived in a world who hated him.
Sephiroth lost his mind thanks to his Jenova cells in him.
Kefka was insane.

Kuja was made to destroy everything. A living weapon for Garland but he hated so much and had a will so powerful that he started to kill and live to destroy for his own gain. He was not unbalanced. Kuja was quite stable until near the end and knew perfectly well what he was doing. And what he was doing was causing more death and destruction than Ultamecia or Sephiroth or Seymour. Only Kefka could rival Kuja for level of devastation and he did not know what he was doing. His mind was completely lost ot psychosis and you can't call an insane man "evil."

But he wore a thong. :huh: >_<

Kuja is just one of those villains who want to destory everything for no reason. Which, I don't see why. Wouldn't he just end up destorying himself? Villains need to think more.

LOL Your comparing Kuja to Sephiroth. ....LOL:lol:

Man Kuja nothing to Sephiroth. Sephiroth as such a sweet past, and is the ultimate ff Vallain..
Kuja is a decent vallian...But no vallian can compare to ff7s valian Sephiroth

It may seem impossible to you, but a comparison can be made. Of course, it all boils down to personal tastes. ;D

Frankly, I enjoy a villain who can confidently wear a skirt and a thong--shows he's not afraid of anything. XD

As for not understanding why he wanted to destroy anything--it basically boils down to his arrogance. He found out he was simply a creation to be dispensed with, and if something as powerful as him was expendable, then nothing, in his opinion, deserved to exist. And also his fear, because behind every arrogant disposition is an inferiority complex. :lol:

I totally agree with you Nikkolas!! I really think that Kuja is one of the best villain in FF games.. He has his own style and way to destroy the world...Also, just looking at him smiling while destroying makes you so angry and wanna beat him up, but I gotta admit..he looks cool when he smiles like that..It shows that he doesn't really bother about anyone dying and killing his own creater (which considered as a father) like that...He just betrayed him with a big laughter in his face...He's awesome!!

Last edited:
I loved Kuja! Although I do admit the first time I saw him I also thought he was a girl...and he was destroying everything for a purpose...not just for giggles

Man, I thought Kuja was awesome. He just had that sense of evil when you saw him. Especialy when you first saw him at Burmecia that sorta gave me the creeps the way he looked. He was insane and puppet master. The way he completely made a fool of Barhne (sp whatever the queens name wasXD) was amazing. Another thing I liked about him was how he was just plain crazy.

And yes it takes a true man to where a thong XD
And no I have not worn one if thats what you were going to ask lol.

Kuja was a beautiful, tortured artist type. A great villian because depending on who's eyes you see it through, he wasn't really the villian at all. Also, the best looking FF guy in my personal opinion.

Back