• yes

Votes: 54 72.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • not bothered about him

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters
kuja

did you like him i did i thought he was great and he planned all his schemes brilliantly and got the best of brahne and garland

I first saw him in dissidia,kinda curious about him.I dont get fooled by his appearance,hes actually powerful.my bro keeps saying that hes one of the strongest villains and i kinda beleive it,but not strong as sephiroth lol

Can't exactly be bothered about Kuja. To me, he was just another villain I had to beat at the end of the game. However, as a character, I found him rather enigmatic, and peculiar, but he didn't attract my attention for the most part. I was more focused on the adventures of the main party, and only took notice when he used Ultima (I was excited about Vivi learning that... Until I realized Vivi will never learn that)

Kuja is great. He's such a well-developed character--his personality is incredibly complex, and the progression of his emotions is really interesting to watch. Perhaps his greatest trait is that he's young and fallible--in a way, he's just as easy to relate to as many of the protagonists in this series. I liked him more than most of the playable characters in IX, even though they were great too.

And as far as the thong, I didn't actually notice it until someone pointed it out to me, but hey--whatever makes you feel evil. :) (Honestly--I've seen worse. I've seen Allen's bathing suit in Xenosaga.:sick:)

I feel Kujas effeminate appearrance is simply a means to an end. He wants to appear quiet and in the background so as not to arouse suspiscion, and he has the advantage of being quite the scholar when you compare him to most of the others. He's pretty much Zidanes evil twin, the more I think about it...his polar opposite in every way and, funnily enough, is just as equal with Zidane in terms of loving Garnet for all the opposing reasons.
o

Kuja is one of the few villains that actually succeeded in what he set out to accomplish! The only person I've heard of doing that is Kefka. Every other villain failed miserably in their plans of world domination, eradication of all life, etc. Sure we got Sephiroth and Ultimecia who are really strong, but they are among those who failed in their plans, bottom line. :)

Kuja was capable of so much destruction. He even
destroyed an entire world
when he reached Trance, and only Zidane and his party were brave enough to face him. Even then,
they couldn't stop him from destroying the crystal Kuja set out to destroy.

Do I like Kuja? Hell yeah. He has my respect as a villain, and I hope they make a game with him. Sure, he looks girlie, but he'll simply [beep] you up with his great power if you ever face him. Sephiroth hogged the spotlight for too long. :)

Last edited:
Kuja kind of freaked me out at first and his whole outfit just threw me off >.< He's a pretty good villian i'd say however, I think Sephy was a far greater Villain. He was stronger, eviler XD and an all around badass. Kuja kindof was lost IMO and didn't know who he really was so he went crazy. A little misunderstood i guess.

Well, in my opinion, looking at IX and VII side by side (I haven't played VI and haven't finished X), VII was more about destroying the evil badguy then IX was. IX was more about the characters developing and maturing and learning life lessons. It seems like Kuja was just thrown in there for a reason for the characters to stick together and have a goal for the game so they could have time to develop themselves. Because, think about it, in IX, you think Brahne is the badguy at first, but then you meet Kuja and you start thinking "hmm....maybe he's the main baddy......" Then Brahne dies, and you KNOW Kuja's the main badguy. But then Garland appears, and you have another round of "maybe HE'S the main badguy" 'cause at first he appears even more powerful and evil than Kuja (and he CREATED Kuja). Then GARLAND dies and now Kuja HAS to be the main badguy. And THEN, when you think it couldn't possibly get anymore convoluted, Kuja is defeated and Necron pops outta nowhere. And Garland is using his mind link thingy to help Zidane along the whole time in Memoria, and Zidane ends going back and SAVING Kuja at the end.

Whew!! So, as you can see, my opinion of Kuja was that he really wasn't that good of a badguy. That and he looked too young to be really evil (I know age doesn't matter, but still......) And OH MY GOSH: The thong. That first FMV when he got on the Silver Dragon, I was convinced he was a girl.

Sephiroth, on the other hand, was known to be the main badguy ever since the gang leaves Midgar for the first time, and he appears frequently (albeit as a clone) to place obstacles in Cloud's way. And then when he kills off you know who, it further cements the feeling of hatred toward him. That and he is an alien half-breed. Another thing between him and Kuja was that Sephiroth appeared to be much more powerful and capable of destruction and evil than Kuja was. And especially with Sephiroth's theme music, it made him seem like the devil himself. Kuja just seemed like a snot-nosed brat who was jealous of his more talented younger brother and decided he wanted things to be more fair and then ends up goin crazy. And when you finally DO see him excercise some of his real power (i.e. Ultima), it seems like he's again just some snotty kid who now has uncontrollable powers, and it doesn't really seem like he deserves those powers, or that the idea of him being super powerful totally fits his persona.

That's my opinion anyway.

But think about his ACCOMPLISHMENTS, people! Only he and Kefka would say "mission complete" at the end. The Emperor came close. Ultimecia ultimately died. Sephiroth was stopped before he could do more harm. Seymour never became the new Sin. Garland/Chaos were unable to keep the time loop.

Maybe Sephiroth is the most evil bad guy. I really haven't played FFVII (and never plan to) but I can already tell he has much to offer as a villain. And from what I've gathered from other Sephiroth fans, his cold-heartedness can only match that of a true villain.

Another thing between him and Kuja was that Sephiroth appeared to be much more powerful and capable of destruction and evil than Kuja was. And especially with Sephiroth's theme music, it made him seem like the devil himself. Kuja just seemed like a snot-nosed brat who was jealous of his more talented younger brother and decided he wanted things to be more fair and then ends up goin crazy.

Perhaps he's capable of so much destruction, but don't sell Kuja short. After all,
he destroyed Terra, an entire planet btw. He was going to go for his second planetary destruction by destroying the crystal
, and he did it. I don't think character personality matters when it comes to destruction of that magnitude. Whether Kuja behaved like a brat or not, the innocents of both worlds were still screwed.

He was young, but think about it! Kuja can already do so much at his age. If he were any older -- and wiser -- he'd be the best villain for sure, joining the ranks of Garland (from the first FF) and Kefka.

Comparing Kuja to Sephiroth is pointless anyway, they're very different villains. Sephiroth has fallen into insanity, whereas Kuja is someone who at first is performing a task assigned to him (whilst plotting his own schemes) and then raging against his own mortality, with the arrogance that youth has. Kuja gets a degree of redemption at the end because he's not completely lost to evil like Sephiroth was.

I think the only reason they get compared is because Sephiroth is so famous in the FFverse. Personally Kefka would be my major 'candle to the other villains' choice any day.

Yeah, I like Kuja, because of his personality. He looked awesome and he is one of my best antagonists. When he was in Trance Mode it was awesome to fight against him.

Sephiroth was a bro that went insane. Him, Kefka, and Seymour had delusions of grandeur and godhood. Garland and Ultimecia had interesting time-based plots. And IX's Garland and Zeromus were willing to do anything to resore their worlds.

Kuja was just a hammy douchebag. There was nothing likeable about him and there was nothing cool about him. He wore a thong for god's sake!

He's far more than a 'hammy douchebag', and he gets the best lines of any FF villain bar Kefka, which is the main reason why he's so great.

Again, it's not the clothes that make the man, but rather it's his actions. Kuja did have some good lines. And despite his attitude, he accomplished what he set out to do. He may be crummy for some, but as a villain, hell, he did better than most villains.

Wow, nostalgia trip looking at my old posts on the first page here.

I don't hate Seph like I used to but my feelings on Kuja haven't changed. He's the best FF villain to date.

Your opinion on him. I personally see him as one of the best villains in all of videogaming.
You're first line summed up what i was going to say first.

A lot of people will diss FFIX and the Kuja character, but I loved him. His relationship to Zidane, his backstory, how his pit towards Garland deepens at the end of the game, and his jealousy that drives him to get to the top. He does some crazy junk that I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't played the game, but he's involved in some of the best FMV's in the game late towards the end of Disc 3 beginning of Disc 4.

Back