did you like kuja

• yes

Votes: 54 72.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • not bothered about him

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters
I perfer Sephiroth , he is a vilian, after I beat ff9 I totally forgot about Kuja.

I prefer Kuja. Speh was cool at first, but was to immune. Kuja as weaknesses which makes him a more complex villain. Trouble is, the rusty Thong...the fmv's are what make him seem gay.

kuja.. i think he just wanted to blow up his devastating energy inside him,,, and see his own limitations, something like that, well i think every powerful man wants to know how far can they go,,

I liked Kuja's character, so far he is my favorite villian from the final fantasy series. I liked how he would go off on his little poetic rants, and his expressive self love, but in the end he was vulnerable and he almost seemed human.

Um...schooling on evil from Sephiroth? The guy who's sole reason for eviness was reading books? The guy, who when he went a bit nuts and angry, burned down a town? Well, Kuja made the Black Mages. Did Sephiroth ever spawn an entire race for warfare and death? And when Kuja went insane and angry, he blew up Terra. Nope. Kuja could school nearly every villain in a wide variety of games on how to be good and look sexy while doing it.

Not to mention, wearing a thong is rather nice. He's a narcissist so that works and having a guy who wears a thong kick your ass has to be demoralizing. So, it's fashionable and a battle tactic. ^_^ Either way, yummy.

i agree with you
and they way he dressed makes him look like a GIRL
kuja is the best villain
sephiroth is nothing,
i hated kuja for hurting vivi's feelings by making those black mages and destroying alexandria :mad:

and i loved him for being zidane's bro, and killing queen brahne and lots of stuff :D ^_^ :rolleyes:

i dont remember much about ff9 i played it years ago and now im playing it again but the CDs aren't very good i gotta buy new ones but i can find it anywhere.................

i wissssh SQUARESOFT made Final Fantasy IX-2 :cry2:

[/COLOR][/FONT]Seyour was a child who did what he did because he lost his mommy and lived in a world who hated him.
Sephiroth lost his mind thanks to his Jenova cells in him.
Kefka was insane.

Kuja was made to destroy everything. A living weapon for Garland but he hated so much and had a will so powerful that he started to kill and live to destroy for his own gain. He was not unbalanced. Kuja was quite stable until near the end and knew perfectly well what he was doing. And what he was doing was causing more death and destruction than Ultamecia or Sephiroth or Seymour. Only Kefka could rival Kuja for level of devastation and he did not know what he was doing. His mind was completely lost ot psychosis and you can't call an insane man "evil."

I agree with you 100%. And I applaud you, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Furthermore, I think Kuja's looks lent more weight to cool factor and mystique then Sephiroth. For one thing, the thong and his androgynous face make him an enigma and the cape reflects his ego and hunger for dominance. For another, he was powerful and wreaked havok all over the world, and he did it without an over-sized kitana sword.

I agree with you 100%. And I applaud you, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Furthermore, I think Kuja's looks lent more weight to cool factor and mystique then Sephiroth. For one thing, the thong and his androgynous face make him an enigma and the cape reflects his ego and hunger for dominance. For another, he was powerful and wreaked havok all over the world, and he did it without an over-sized kitana sword.

But he HAS to have the make-up and thong, as every evil villian must! :lol:

I sort of did and I didn't like Kuja. His attire was retarded, IMO. It was hardly functional at all. I do give it points for creativity but I personally find it ugly. I enjoyed how he manipulated Brahne but nearer the end of the game he got too radical for my tastes. I particularly despised what happened at the end of the game as I felt it cheapened his character.

Overall Kuja never quite impressed me the way other villians Kefka and Sephiroth did. I don't think he was a bad villian; just not very memorable, IMO.

People can see my opinion on him by looking at my avatar. in my book, he ranks right up there with Zidane as best character of FFIX.

Everyone always freaks about what he wears but if you dont like it stop lookin down there:lol: anywasy i thought he was a good villian add's a bit of flair to the usual villian formula

Even if Kuja was gay, it wouldn't make him any less of a bad ass villain. I'm sick of hearing "He wears a thong lawlz he's gay!". He wears one. Get. Over. It. (Also, being gay isn't a bad thing, but let's not start on that.)

------------

Ok, this is going to be a looooooong post. I'm not sure I should black the whole thing out since the whole post is a spoiler, but I'll just say:

SPOILER

Kuja, to me, was an amazing villain. Once he made his appearence, you were fearing the next time you'd see him. He knew he was a puppet meant to bring Havoc to Gaia to let Terra absorb the planet's life force. The part where he began growing resentful was when Zidane, his younger brother, was made. Kuja was afraid of being replaced and of death. He abandoned his to-be-sucessor on Gaia and carried on with his plot to have Terra absorb Gaia. He single-handedly weaved the destruction of the four dominant Nations on the Mist Continent. (You may think Brahne was the cause of Burmecia's, Cleyra's and Lindblum's destruction, but who gave her the magical army in which to do it? He might have even told Zorn and Thorn how to extract the Eidolons from Garnet. Even if he didn't, he gave the Queen the final push that started the chain of events.)

He was so powerful that even Bahamut's onslaught left him with but a small cut. He controlled the Invincible and in turn enslaved Bahamut, destroying the Queen's Navy. He then attacked Alexandria and was the cause of its destruction. No? It was Garland who made the Invincible destroy Alexandria? Let's look at that:

* Garland used the Invincible to destroy Alexandria because he was afraid of the Eidolons - more so Alexander's - power.
* Alexander was only summoned because Alexandria was in danger.
* Alexandria was in danger because of Bahamut's attack. (Alexander so pwned his arse. Imagine if he had been summonable? :P)
* Bahamut attacked because of - YOU GUESSED IT! -
* Kuja.

He then managed to ensnare the party into his lair, and hold his younger brother's friends at gunpoint, so to speak. He even plotted to kill them anyway after he had given his word he wouldn't. My FFIX knowledge gets a bit fuzzy from here, but doesn't he capture Eiko and try to absorb an Eidolon that - in his mind - is more powerful than Bahamut? This results in Mog Trancing and becoming Madeen to protect her, a powerful Eidolon who near-equals Bahamut. Kuja, upon learning of this surge of immense power and emotion that Trance possesses, goes off to learn where he can get this power, now thinking he doesn't need an Eidolon. We somehow end up chasing him to Terra, where the party defeat him and in his pure hatred of them and defeat, he Trances.

Doesn't he then learn that Garland, more or less his father, has put a time-limit on Kuja's life in case he became too dangerous? Infuriated that he now has this new level of supremity, cannot use it forever? He kills Garland and in his sheer fury destroys his homeland with his new found power. The party escape on the Invincible and by means I cannot remember, Kuja escapes too. His quote:

"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair"

shows his arrogance and his belief that he is above everything else in all apsects. He goes on to open up Memoria - the place where memories dwell - so he can descend to the Crystal World and destroy the Crystal that holds all of existance in, well, existance. He knows he is going to die, but it is his self-loving persona that leads him to believe that no one deserves to live without him. He doesn't want to die alone, I guess. He wants to go down kicking and screaming and wants to take every living thing with him.

Now that, is a sadistic bastard, and one hell of a villain. His main purpose in life was destruction in the first place and he attempts to elevate his mission to something so catastrophic that the whole existance of existance is at stake. He kills people and does so with a smile. He mocks you and does so with poetic elegance. He destroys a planet and does so an aura of sheer power and anger. To me, Kuja is brilliant.

In the end, when all hope for his plan had failed and after he lost his Trance and surge of energy, he may have lost the will to live. Without the power to fulfil his goal and the display of the party destroying Necron, Kuja might have thought of his brother and the people who showed him that there is something to live for, and that is life, to use whatever you have left. This may have lead him to Teleport the party's souls back to the Iifa Tree (this is after killing them with a deadly Ultima, of couse. The same spell he used to destroy Terra). I think it's quite poetic - just like Kuja - that he dies in the arms of the very person that awoke his first spur of fear and anger: his younger brother's.

Also, I loved his Leaving Burmecia and piano theme.

And that concludes my uhh... essay? on why I like Kuja so much. Phew, that was long ... (I'm not a Fanboy ... much :blush:)

Although i cant possibly beat the above poster ill say this - although Kuja was a great villain he isnt as memorable as some of the others such a sephiroth and Kefka. Kuja should go down in history as FFs most under-rated villain. (however sephiroth still pwns him)

Beautifully say Grand Lethal. Personally, Kuja was a villian who was tragic at best. After trying to destroy all of existence, Kuja finally finds his reason to live even when he was at the end of his rope.

At the end, Kuja became a changed person. As the first yet final token of repentance of his ways, he saved the people whom he tried to kill. At the end, Kuja even tries telling Zidane off because Kuja probably became ashamed and unworthy of being in the presence of Zidane. Possibly right then, Kuja realizes why Zidane was so much stronger. It was because Zidane was given a heart to love, and with such a heart, a person may be propelled to do great things even with the little that person has.

Kuja was probably the most complex villian ever created in the FF series when FFIX was released. Other villians were one-tracked mind when it came to destroying the world. Kuja had an inferiority complex, a mission to accomplish, knowledgeable of his own death which drove him further and an unequal hate for all those around.

I did like Kuja; I was a bit skeptical at first because of his girly look and skimpy outfit; however I think he waz a great villain.

When you first encounter him in Burmecia you know he's gonna cause trouble and that cut-scene when he smiles gratifyingly at Zidanne and his fallen party before flying off from Burmecia on his silver dragon was great and made him look well powerful and mysterious (all done to that beautiful theme music).

As Grand Lethal mentioned above, the way he obtained a single cut from the Bahamut onlsaught just made him look even more powerful; he even smiles when Bahamut gives him a cut because he knows that it's not easy for any being to do that. And the way he was able to destroy the whole of Terra was immense; it was a beautiful cut-scene that demonstated his amazing powers.

Yes, Kuja was a great villain that was both mysterious and utterly powerful; and who's theme tune was absolutely beautiful (I loved it!!!!) including his remixed version during his final battle.

Back