did you like kuja

• yes

Votes: 54 72.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • not bothered about him

Votes: 12 16.0%

• Total voters
Kuja in my opinion wasn't that evil. Yes he did control Bahamut and have it destroy Alexandria. Yes he was evil when he showed up at Burmecia but to me he wasn't the stuff made to be truly "Evil". He needed some training from Kefka or Sephiroth when it comes to real evil. His whole wearing a thong grossed me out. He needed some pants or something. Maybe a cloak at least something to cover that up. He need to go to evil camp.

Kuja in my opinion wasn't that evil. Yes he did control Bahamut and have it destroy Alexandria. Yes he was evil when he showed up at Burmecia but to me he wasn't the stuff made to be truly "Evil". He needed some training from Kefka or Sephiroth when it comes to real evil. His whole wearing a thong grossed me out. He needed some pants or something. Maybe a cloak at least something to cover that up. He need to go to evil camp.

Um...schooling on evil from Sephiroth? The guy who's sole reason for eviness was reading books? The guy, who when he went a bit nuts and angry, burned down a town? Well, Kuja made the Black Mages. Did Sephiroth ever spawn an entire race for warfare and death? And when Kuja went insane and angry, he blew up Terra. Nope. Kuja could school nearly every villain in a wide variety of games on how to be good and look sexy while doing it.

Not to mention, wearing a thong is rather nice. He's a narcissist so that works and having a guy who wears a thong kick your ass has to be demoralizing. So, it's fashionable and a battle tactic. ^_^ Either way, yummy.

The guy who's sole reason for eviness was reading books?

First of all, it's evilness. Not eviness. Second, that's not the sole reason Sephiroth went insane...anyone who played FF7 and was paying attention would know that. For the record, the initial reason for Sephiroth's insanity and evilness was because he thought the human race didn't deserve to live because of how utterly terrible they were to the Cetra and the planet in general. Which, frankly, the humans were.

Get your facts straight.

Not to mention, wearing a thong is rather nice. He's a narcissist so that works and having a guy who wears a thong kick your ass has to be demoralizing. So, it's fashionable and a battle tactic. ^_^ Either way, yummy.

Interesting. If I remember correctly you bashed Sephiroth for wearing what you considered a woman's coat...and yet for Kuja you say it is fashionable to wear a thong? Talk about being unfair...Hmmm....And no, it's not a battle tactic. It's better to wear armor (or at least the shoulder guards Sephiroth was wearing) than to be dressed in a thong. The only thing that is demoralizing is having to see a man in a thong. Gawd, that gotta hurt...

First of all, it's evilness. Not eviness.

Oooh. You've proven your superiority because I made a typo. I'm trembling.

Second, that's not the sole reason Sephiroth went insane...anyone who played FF7 and was paying attention would know that. For the record, the initial reason for Sephiroth's insanity and evilness was because he thought the human race didn't deserve to live because of how utterly terrible they were to the Cetra and the planet in general. Which, frankly, the humans were.

Remember that whole part where Cloud talked about Sephirtoh reading? And we saw him reading? And then we talk to him? Did anything else happen between that reading and the lunatic rant? No? And then he proceeds to destroy Nibelheim? So, he did go evil from reading some books.

Interesting. If I remember correctly you bashed Sephiroth for wearing what you considered a woman's coat...and yet for Kuja you say it is fashionable to wear a thong? Talk about being unfair...Hmmm....And no, it's not a battle tactic. It's better to wear armor (or at least the shoulder guards Sephiroth was wearing) than to be dressed in a thong. The only thing that is demoralizing is having to see a man in a thong. Gawd, that gotta hurt...

He does appear to wear a small bit of armor over his chest above his stomach. His entire garbe is rather fantasy-oriented and a bit more intriguing than the whole "black" look which went out with Darth Vader back in the 70s. And I was making a point on Sephiroth's coat being a female's type of trench. It wasn't bashing him. It was making a small point to all those who accuse Kuja of being unmanly.

Oooh. You've proven your superiority because I made a typo. I'm trembling.

Don't overreact. I made a simple comment.

Remember that whole part where Cloud talked about Sephirtoh reading? And we saw him reading? And then we talk to him? Did anything else happen between that reading and the lunatic rant? No? And then he proceeds to destroy Nibelheim? So, he did go evil from reading some books.

You're oversimplying this and you know it. It is quite clear throughout that entire part of the game that Sephiroth is very much a different person than anyone around him. His reactions are already indicative that something's wrong. What he read in the books showed the crimes of humanity and only confirmed a lot of what he suspected. Learning of one's life being an experiment is difficult. This is rather similiar to Kuja in fact. Both learn that they have been created and neither can accept it.

He does appear to wear a small bit of armor over his chest above his stomach. His entire garbe is rather fantasy-oriented and a bit more intriguing than the whole "black" look which went out with Darth Vader back in the 70s. And I was making a point on Sephiroth's coat being a female's type of trench. It wasn't bashing him. It was making a small point to all those who accuse Kuja of being unmanly.

Fashion is in the eyes of the beholder so this argument's rather pointless. Some people find pink fashionable; I do not. That doesn't necessarily mean that pink is fashionable or not. That is merely opinion. And suffice to say if you call Sephiroth's clothing womanly then you must consider Kujua's as well.

You're oversimplying this and you know it. It is quite clear throughout that entire part of the game that Sephiroth is very much a different person than anyone around him. His reactions are already indicative that something's wrong. What he read in the books showed the crimes of humanity and only confirmed a lot of what he suspected. Learning of one's life being an experiment is difficult. This is rather similiar to Kuja in fact. Both learn that they have been created and neither can accept it.

Well, alright then. You are saying that Sephiroth makes sense? I really don't think so. Honestly, can you see anyone reacting the way Sephiroth did because they found out they were created? It still puzzles me how that is in any way sensible. I can see how logic would fail someone at that time, but learning you were a test-tube baby does not lead to murdering a village.

Now I also pose to you this question - Sephiroth gained the knowledge and wisdom of the Ancients, right? Then why does he even come back? EVERY reason he went evil was wrong. Yet he keeps coming back to become a god and still refers to Jenova as his mother. It is a glaring hole in the plot.

Fashion is in the eyes of the beholder so this argument's rather pointless. Some people find pink fashionable; I do not. That doesn't necessarily mean that pink is fashionable or not. That is merely opinion. And suffice to say if you call Sephiroth's clothing womanly then you must consider Kujua's as well.

I do. But that's not a negative point for me. I only brought up the issue of Seph's coat to point out something. It's not in any way a huge reason why I dislike him.

Alright, this Kuja vs. Sephiroth argument has to stop. There's already a separate thread there for it, so if you want to continue with this, you may quote stuff and post it in the other Kuja vs. Sephiroth thread, since this isn't really about Sephiroth. If you're going to post here, then continue bashing or praising Kuja.

Kuja did have a real goal and was evil to begin with. He wasn't like Sephiroth, Ultimecia or Seymour. He was meant to be the first Angel of Death and stuck by to his mission to destroy Gaia, but on his own terms. But I agree he was the best villain in FF history. My second choice would be Sephiroth.

People who enjoy character development and plot. Plus Kuja didn't want to destroy the world till he was going to die.

Yeah but ultimecia wasnt tryin to take over world though
she is in the future

in fact, she didn't care about the world. all she cared about was compressing time into a single point.

but yeah, kuja is a brilliant villian, certainly compaired to a certain VII villian.

i like all the villins from ff 7 to ff10-2 except garland i hate him.....that also means i like kuja

Kuja is one of my favorite characters, let alone one of the best Villains. Sephiroth is my personal favorite Villains, however Kuja IS the best Villain, he is so successful as a villain and he does it so well.
Just like Nikkolas said:
And yes, he'll slaughter and massacre you with a grin and an eloquent line. It is perfection.
Which is a perfect description of him.
What i love most about Kuja is that he actually acts like a villain, he's always there in your face doing bad things and being hated by the good guys, what a perfect villain! Most FF villains are like is to hide in the background and make there followers do all the work. Now for the 1st disc Kuja does this, you have no clue who he is, he's just there hiding in the background. But soon that changes and he's always there then trying to interfere.

Aww i love Kuja!!

Back