Longest time it took to steal...

Playing through today, I sat there for a freakin hour trying to steal Grand Armor from Nova Dragon. Eventually I said "Screw it" and just killed it. Not worth it.

Fairy Flute from the Hilgigars ALWAYS takes me forever to steal. I think the longest I've sat there was about 2 hours. My husband once stole it within like 10 minutes. I've never been that lucky with that Flute!

Fairy Flute from the Hilgigars ALWAYS takes me forever to steal. I think the longest I've sat there was about 2 hours. My husband once stole it within like 10 minutes. I've never been that lucky with that Flute!

Yes, this. Hilgigars is the only time I've just given up on stealing something I wanted. I tried for two hours (not including the time I paused the game to have a much needed break) and still never got it. Was not happy :wacky:

I like the fact that you have to put a bit of time into getting the best weapons/armour for that part of the game, because otherwise everyone would have the best stuff. Having said that, it's such a pain...especially if there's no save point right before the boss.

The stealing on this game is garbage and can fuck off. This is probably the only draw back on the game for me. I'm sorry but when you have mug/bandit(whichever one ups your chance to steal) and I still fail for 15 minutes, you can suck it. I just gave up stealing to be honest.

The stealing on this game is garbage and can fuck off. This is probably the only draw back on the game for me. I'm sorry but when you have mug/bandit(whichever one ups your chance to steal) and I still fail for 15 minutes, you can suck it. I just gave up stealing to be honest.

:rofl: basically this.

I never actually really stood there and tried to steal anything, yes I did try to steal stuff like Fairy Flute, but if I didn't get it before I killed the people, I didn't bother with it.

Really in this game there was nothing worth stealing anyways. I can't think of any real items I kept anyways. :hmmm:

I just started like a week ago and it took me nearly 20 minutes just to steal the Mage Masher from the first. Fight. T_T

:rofl: basically this.

I never actually really stood there and tried to steal anything, yes I did try to steal stuff like Fairy Flute, but if I didn't get it before I killed the people, I didn't bother with it.

Really in this game there was nothing worth stealing anyways. I can't think of any real items I kept anyways. :hmmm:

I did the same as well even thought mot of the time I got at least 2 items and half of the time I stole all 3 items but I wasn't gonna sit around not attack and go through the annoying process to steal something I can get in the near future most likely anyhow.

I think what they had in mind was to make getting all the steal items difficult, so that it balances out a bit. Because a lot of the best items in the game are via steal. And I'm pretty sure it's mostly random all the way through, no matter what item or boss- you could spend 2 minutes or a half an hour getting their shit.

Most of the boss battles in IX are challenging, so it makes sense to have the idea to give them good items to take because it requires Zidane's full attention, leveling the hassle-reward aspect.

Mmm, there are amazing things to steal in FF9, so they made them hard to steal. At least, they're amazing at the point that you can steal them.

I've never had too much trouble, other than for one or two items (Hilgigars, one of those two snake bosses under Treno etc (Ralvuimago?)). When you can get things like Pumice Pieces and stuff too...hard to complain :lew:.

i've never really seen the point of stealing, other than to get the pumice piece off ark. i don't think there are actually any items worth doing it for, because you can always buy them not long afterwards anyway. unless you're trying to get thievery to be a powerful attack, stealing is just a bit of a waste of time

Back