Votes: 21 56.8%
  • It was kinda hard.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I still can't beat it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have/own FF9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you want to go through really fast and beat the game, then it is not that hard.

If you want to take your time and try to do everything (like me), then it will be harder because you have more to do.

I found it pretty easy too.I was expecting the last boss to be something like Sephiroth in FFVII,but I beat him really easily with my characters having full HP,except for Steiner who was dead for some time.

I did seem to find FFIX one of the easier FF games in the series as i made sure that i learnt all of the abilities on weapons as to not miss out on anything, i also spent a while searching for edable things so that Quina could learn some decent blue magic. altho i am only on the start of the fourth disk it has been really easy so far and i haven't had the 'game over' screen pop up once, nearly cried both time Beatrix whooped my arse but then i figured 'oh she is ment to do that lol'

Yes, I thought it to be pretty easy. I don't recall ever having a Game Over, although at some places or at certain bosses I got into trouble. But it was too bad that the last few bosses (Silver Dragon, Garland and so on) were kinda pushovers xD When you have the Holy spell (White Robe), it gets even easier.

Compared to the early games (SNES and NES), it was way too easy. But I don't think it was all that much easier than VII or VIII. That's just my opinion though.

Now FFX, that was way to easy. The hardest part was that dragon-thing before Yunalesca.

I actually found some of the bosses rather annoying on IX, such as Beatrix with her "shock" attack with literally killed my party off ... also, i didn't get Quina in the marsh on the first disc and didn't even realise she could join your party in the first disc until i replayed the game and discovered her! so playing with only 3 characters at the end of disc 1 made it much harder for me! =P

But the final boss on FFIX was disapointing in terms of hardness =/

I just beat it. It was fuckin' easy, so yes, I agree. It may have possibly been because I kept the "Level Up" ability on everyone all game... Even though I rushed through it pretty fast.

well comparing this to final fantasy 1-6 then 9 was way too easy just becasue 1-6 was just way too hard. but comparing this to 7-12 it was probably like the second hardest one in my opinion. the only harder one might be 12. i don't know maybe the class system made it hard for me but it was definitely harder than 7 and 8

If you want to go through really fast and beat the game, then it is not that hard.

If you want to take your time and try to do everything (like me), then it will be harder because you have more to do.

I don't think having more to do is necessarily "harder" but more time consuming. D: I mean I didn't think any of the FF games were difficult. The only one that was frustrating was FFXI.

But FFIX went fast for me, I loved the story line/characters and I didn't have any difficulty cruising through it. And also it wasn't "too easy" imo, it just flowed like a normal RPG would. XD

This game was way easier compared to earlier ff games, and was on the same level of difficulty as FFVII and FFVIII for me. But still, the final boss was disappointing compared to those two. Still, this game is at least harder than FFX(yeahhhh, like Vladisak said, only that dragon was tough); FFX was a pushover. D;

Now FFX, that was way to easy. The hardest part was that dragon-thing before Yunalesca.

Actually the Sanctuary Keeper has a great weakness, you can use Auron's move Threaten on it to keep it from taking any turns. Yunalesca I found kinda difficult though, mostly just trying to keep all my characters in zombie status.

well comparing this to final fantasy 1-6 then 9 was way too easy just becasue 1-6 was just way too hard. but comparing this to 7-12 it was probably like the second hardest one in my opinion. the only harder one might be 12. i don't know maybe the class system made it hard for me but it was definitely harder than 7 and 8

I found IV to be a little more challenging than the others...but that was about it. VII was so incredibly easy, definitely the easiest FF to me. Nothing was hard about VIII except figuring out that junctioning crap. I don't really see how IX is any more of a challenge than VII or VIII though, it's still really easy.

Um....what? More to do =/= challenge. It's just more stuff to do. Unless you mean Tantarian and Ozma, they were challenging...but still, two optional bosses don't make the entire game more challenging.

I don't think having more to do is necessarily "harder" but more time consuming. D: I mean I didn't think any of the FF games were difficult. The only one that was frustrating was FFXI.

But FFIX went fast for me, I loved the story line/characters and I didn't have any difficulty cruising through it. And also it wasn't "too easy" imo, it just flowed like a normal RPG would. XD

Pretty much, and even with more to do, it still wasn't as much as in VII. There you had the weapons, the sunken sub, the golden saucer, that GODAWFUL chocobo breeding sidequest. IX had shorter sidequests, even if you wanted to do the chocobo thing and get a golden chocobo, you could skip alot of treasure chests and go straight to the ones you needed to lvl up your chocobo.

I'm not sure it can be considered "too easy" though, most RPGs that I've played aren't challenging to begin with. I just play it to enjoy it, and IX was really enjoyable. I think people say it's easy because it doesn't require a ton of grinding like other RPGs (like say, Dragon Quest 8)...and grinding is really not the same thing as a legitimate challenge <.<

You're right though, it does have a really good flow to it, things just keep moving along so smoothly (in part because you don't have to waste hours grinding)...well, until the fourth disc. Things started to get a little weak by then, I think :/

Yeah, a little too easy. When I played through the forest at the beginning, I was expecting a challenge like the old days. I thought, "Cool, my characters start at level 1. This must be a real challenge." The first boss took me three tries. It actually got *easier* as the game went on. That "epic" brawl at the end of disc 3 was too easy. The final battle was *far* too easy for a last boss. I do admit I used a cheap trick to over-level to 50 when I reached disc 3, but still. Kuja was a joke. Whipped him every time.

One thing I did appreciate were the dungeons. Random encounters actually pose some kind of threat and can't be won by holding down the action button (well, most of the time anyways). The dungeons are pretty straightforward, but they're a lot bigger than FF7 or FF8's. They actually have puzzles to work out. This made the dungeons actually fun and interesting. And some of those ideas later in the game, like the reverse-gravity thing and and the light-reflection bridges, were pretty neat.

So, it's a step up, but the big fights were far too easy. Heck, disc 2 didn't even have an endboss, it just sends you into a cutscene!

I never really beat FFIX but what I played of the game there was a few challenging parts, but nothing I couldnt handle. I got as far as the end of disc 3 and sold my copy. Why I'll never know. But I mean just like any other games there are challenges, but nothing to fuss about. Just your ordinary FF game

Its challenging when it comes to near 100% completion but i didnt find it all that tough. A couple boss fights i struggled on but nothing to heavy.

I found Final Fantasy IX to be quite easy. There are only a few bosses that are quite strong to beat like Ozma for instance. Other than that was pretty much easy to beat. I didn't struggle to beat the game at all.

I don't think the problem is that FFIX is easy, so much as that it's easy using minimal strategy. If using your brain and really coming up with clever strategies was what made it easy that would be an effective form of challenge. The ease would come from knowing your ability set. But unfortunately, the game is easy in spite of the lack of strategy required.

I think the bosses fare the worst. This is largely due to them all holding rare/unique items to steal. Because of that, I think they ratcheted down the amount of damage bosses can do, so that you have ample time to steal their loot. But because of that, it's not really hard to survive against them. Meanwhile, if Vivi is in your party, you just spam Focus while waiting for Zidane to steal everything. By the time the boss's pockets are empty, most of them will go down in just a few spells, because Vivi is likely to have reached 99 Magic.

It's just... it's really broken, lol.

Back