Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have/own FF9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

youngmastervivi

Black Mage from Valactia
Gil
FFIX too easy

When I played FF9 through on my first time I found it to be the easiest game to finish in series. I have played nearly everygame.

The reason that I thought it was too easy is that I lvl up Zidane and I'm pretty sure he was doing nearly max damage before the end of the first disc.

I managed to defeat a lot of the bosses with just 1 - 5 attacks. I can't remember how high my main party ended at but I'm pretty sure I't wasn't that high. I'm not talking about optional bosses here. I'm talking about the general story.

Maybe it was because I played through most of the other FF games two to three times all ready ....

Does anyone else think that FF9 was too easy?

:|

Well, there is a great number of attacks that do a massive amount of damage (Frog Drop, Dragon's Crest, Thievery), so you could say it's easy that way. It even gets easier when you get Odin.

Well, I don't think I'd ever got a Game Over in this game. But with Exalibur II being the ultimate goal, it might be the reason why you can progress so quickly.

I hated that about this game, iv never bothered trying to get excalibur II but just knowing you could complete the game so fast really annoyed me lol. I found it pretty easy, if you ignore the side quests - which I loved -
VIII gave me more trouble than IX and thats pretty easy aswel (altho I love VIII)

If you over-level, just about any game is going to wind up easy. That's not to say IX wasn't easy, but I don't think it made it a bad game in any way. So far, I think the easiest one has been FFX, which is also my favorite. IX was the first game where I found it was best when you took your time and did most of the sidequests, as most were pretty fun. I really couldn't think of a more pointless way to play through the game than to try to get Excalibur II. If the game's that easy, why bother blowing through the game to get a needlessly super-powered weapon?

I didn't find FFIX was that easy for me. It took me 3 tries to finally beat the last boss of the game, and even that took me over 25 min to beat. I even tried to level up my party as much as I could before going into that fight, but I struggled.

I thought the game was east except for 2 parts. 1). when you had to fight the first wizard and his dragon thing with just zidane. and 2). the final boss. it took me 5 tries to finally beat it. I was only at level 56 so that didn't help any either.

I honestly don't remember. What I do remember though is that there was a period of time (long time, actually) where I stopped playing because I got tired of leveling up. I suppose I didn't enjoy the battle-system as much as it seemed way too...ordinary. =/

But I don't ever recall having to quit because I couldn't beat a boss or got stuck on something. So I guess the game wasn't a challenge. It was really more fun than anything.

I wasn't really try to complain .... I just the game should be harder, although this could make Excalibur 2 harder to get ....

Yeah it was more just 'Fun' for me as well.

The reason that I thought it was too easy is that I lvl up Zidane and I'm pretty sure he was doing nearly max damage before the end of the first disc.

I managed to defeat a lot of the bosses with just 1 - 5 attacks. I can't remember how high my main party ended at but I'm pretty sure I't wasn't that high. I'm not talking about optional bosses here. I'm talking about the general story.

Granted, IX is an easy game, but christ, you must have power leveled like crazy O_O Of course you're going to complain about how easy it is if you power level at the very start of the game. I usually make it a point to get everyone between lvl 10 and lvl 12 before I go into Gizamaluke's Grotto, but that's as much as I'll do since I don't have the patience for power leveling.

I hated that about this game, iv never bothered trying to get excalibur II but just knowing you could complete the game so fast really annoyed me lol.

So it bothered you just knowing you could get to Memoria in 12 hours? It's called a speed run. People can do that in virtually every game if they know what they're doing. I could do it in IX easily, but guess what? I don't speed run in it because that would take the fun out of it. Christ, if you don't like that it can be completed so quickly, then don't beat it so quickly. Go after optional bosses like Tantarian and Ozma.

IX is an easy game...but I found VII to be waaay easier thanks to a little thing called "materia." One thing I appreciate about IX is that it takes a bit more strategy, like finding and exploiting boss weaknesses and using equipment to your advantage, all while balancing which abilities you needed to maximize your potential in individual fights and stay immune to the most detrimental statuses. Besides, IX's characters, story and locations are all great enough that I don't mind the game being on the easy side.

I actually found this one quite a challenge, especially since I wanted to get everything.

Yeah I am an insane power lvl up guy .... except In VIII ...

I wish I had this game again that way I could confirm stuff.

I don't really think you can attribute a difficulty level to an FF game. I think it all has to do with what kind of strategy you use, how well you level up your characters, and such.

People can level up like crazy for the first parts of the game and breeze through the rest. Some take the challenge of leveling up as less as possible to make it tough or just to speed things up. I don't think it's true ease or hardness, it just depends on your preference of game-play and strategy.

Final Fantasy IX was on par with the other games difficulty levels. I say on par because, in general, I do not get game overs. However in every Final Fantasy game I have played I find a few bosses that I have trouble beating, with everything else being fairly simple. FFIX was no different with the only bosses offering me difficulty being the serpent you fight on the way to Burmucia and Ozma (whom I never did defeat). The final boss took me two tries, but thats because the first time he was completely unexpected and I didn't know where to begin on killing him.

Final Fantasy IX was on par with the other games difficulty levels. I say on par because, in general, I do not get game overs. However in every Final Fantasy game I have played I find a few bosses that I have trouble beating, with everything else being fairly simple. FFIX was no different with the only bosses offering me difficulty being the serpent you fight on the way to Burmucia and Ozma (whom I never did defeat). The final boss took me two tries, but thats because the first time he was completely unexpected and I didn't know where to begin on killing him.

I actually found getting through the Grotto to get to Gizamaluke to be more difficult, since not only do you have to contend with the black mages but those ugly lizard things that can charm you. If you're playing for the first time and aren't properly leveled that place can be a deathtrap.

Ozma is just a cheap boss since the battle depends entirely on luck and not your skill, it took me six tries to beat him. Battles against Beatrix can also be a challenge since they're endurance battles and you can't tell how long she'll attack you for (plus you'll probably be trying to steal equipment while staying alive).

Oh, and can't forget that You're Not Alone sequence...even after six playthroughs it's still difficult for me. Ugh, I even powerleveled before I went to Terra on my last file and I still died twice during that sequence. Nothing really gives me problems except for that Shell Dragon, and if you don't use Garnet (I don't), then her coming in is absolutely no help. You just have to pray it keeps doing its earthquake move (assuming you're smart enough to have float equipped).

I agree, I found FFIX easy. Especially the Last Boss. The first time I played through the game, I got to the last boss and then used vivi's move 'doomsday' as I hadn't used it then and wanted to see what it done. I then realised it took 9999 off the boss but reduced my character's health to 1. However, despite this, I still managed to beat him, he didn't seem to want to kill me.

That's because the last boss is a status raping freak. If you are not prepared with the right abilities, you will lose. Though I do believe RPG's for the most part are hard when you put in less effort, despite that they do have a level of difficulty. Though because RPG's are usually long, your skills grow as you play.

So some people say that Gizamaluke was a challenge and Kuja was so easy. Though actually, Kuja is probably the more challenging, but by that time you trained so much, synthesized new weapons and developing great strategy that it's hard to believe it was actually a boss. It wont be easy when you face Kuja with the exact same set-up you had on disc one.

Though IX is really all about the abilities you equip. So many bosses inflict status effects, which is the true danger in the g
ame.

I agree, I found FFIX easy. Especially the Last Boss. The first time I played through the game, I got to the last boss and then used vivi's move 'doomsday' as I hadn't used it then and wanted to see what it done. I then realised it took 9999 off the boss but reduced my character's health to 1. However, despite this, I still managed to beat him, he didn't seem to want to kill me.

Pardon me, but how exactly did that work? Doomsday hits for 9999, it should have killed your party, not reduced it to 1 HP...unless you happened to have auto-life.

Though IX is really all about the abilities you equip. So many bosses inflict status effects, which is the true danger in the game.

That's what I like about IX so much, it requires a bit more strategy as far as learning to which abilities are most important to leave on during fights and taking advantage of enemies' weaknesses. It's nothing like XII where you can pound away at a boss for over an hour and not have it killed because of its massive HP...then again that's not challenging either, it's just tedious. Difficulties really only arise in IX if you haven't learned crucial abilities. Staying on your toes with weapon/armor upgrades helps too, naturally, but again, statuses are the biggest thing.

I didn't think this game was too easy. I didn't find it hard either though. Soime parts were pretty challenging though, like Ozma...

FFIX was not the hardest FF game i must admit but it certainly wasn't as easy as FFX. Thing about 9 is you can make it easier for yourself a lot because of stealing weapons. E.G. Zidane's second dagger "mage masher" is bought in Dali however you can steal is 3rd dagger "Mythril Dagger" from the Sea-Lion boss fight in the ice cave. And there is a routine of this through out the game.

Back