Votes: 21 56.8%
  • It was kinda hard.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • I still can't beat it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have/own FF9

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yeah you the second time i played it I stole heaps of things and it did make it so muc easier. It is generally easy anyway. Ozma however is anything but easy.

FFIX was not the hardest FF game i must admit but it certainly wasn't as easy as FFX. Thing about 9 is you can make it easier for yourself a lot because of stealing weapons. E.G. Zidane's second dagger "mage masher" is bought in Dali however you can steal is 3rd dagger "Mythril Dagger" from the Sea-Lion boss fight in the ice cave. And there is a routine of this through out the game.

Bosses are the only worthwhile enemies to steal from. And generally I tend to be above average lvl (in the evil forest, if you get to at least lvl 6 you're guaranteed an easier time in the game), so I usually just stand around and can afford to wait however long it takes to steal an item.

Yeah you the second time i played it I stole heaps of things and it did make it so muc easier. It is generally easy anyway. Ozma however is anything but easy.

I can only read your last two sentences :dry: Ozma is incredibly easy if you actually bother to learn abilities and wear the right equipment.

Using Quinas angel snacks(probably wrong name for the ability but i mean the ability to use remedey on everybody) makes it a lot easier but without a proper stratagy t is hard as F**K

Using Quinas angel snacks(probably wrong name for the ability but i mean the ability to use remedey on everybody) makes it a lot easier but without a proper stratagy t is hard as F**K

You were right, it's Angel Snack ^_^

I finally decided to give Quina a chance in my sixth file...ugh. Once I got through Oilevert I stopped using him. He fails so hard and he's completely unnecessary. Actually remedies themselves become largely unnecessary once you learn all the immunity abilities. So most anything Ozma does to me doesn't affect me, or it'll hit maybe one or two party members and I have plenty of time to cure it.

He he i was right thanks! The other abilities you can use can hurt him quicker but it depends who you use i suppose.

i dont think it's 'easy'.. It's not the hardest game by any means but it's not a walk in the park either. I'm an experienced gamer and RPG player so i find it easy, but a newcomer wouldn't find it so.

I've started FF9 again today and i did notice that Zidane's attacks do take off about 60hp when he starts off in the game. The enemies dont have alot of hp so it seems like you're doing alot of damage.

The Black Mages in the beginning do a fair bit of damage with their Fira attacks

No, it's not easy.

But then speaking about that, it isn't too hard either. It's just got about the right balance.

It was challenging at many points to be honest with everyone.

IX is not easy, the first 2-3 disks aren't really challenging in general but the bosses, some of the larger enemies and Disk 4 were pretty difficult if you weren't careful.

Now FFVII, that was a piece of piss.

That's what everyone kept telling me. I will admit, it was my very first game (and FF game) that I was able to beat, before FF7 and 8! :gasp: There are times when I can't fight the final boss, but that because I'm usually tired or stressed. When I'm in a completely quiet room and no one is bothering me, I'm able to beat most of my games. [But now, I'm use to people talking to me when I play games. :D] But the only thing I want to know from you all is this:

Was FINAL FANTASY IX too easy to beat, or do you think otherwise?

It's my only favorite game and my brother still loves it. We actually like it more than FF7. [Sorry Cloud. ^^;] But please tell me what you think. It was kinda easy (or more or less, EASY) for me, and I was able to beat Hades [with the help of my older brother and his friend], and get the last summon, *SPOILER*
Ark.
Let me hear what you have to say. Thanks!!

:zidane::garnet::moogle::chocobo:

[EDIT!! I didn't know that there was already a topic on this. Sorry! ^^;]

Last edited:
Threads Merged - we already have a topic on this ^^

I still find this game easy, alhough I still really enjoy it. Only trouble I really had with any par of the game, was with Ozma, who was a butthead. But once I realsied what I was doing wrong, I took him down annoyingly easily. I wouldn't say it was too easy any more though. I guess on my first post I was being abit pig headed xD But still - it's hardly a great challenge D:

Compared to other games in the series, it was very, very easy, especially if you never ran from any battles. It was easy to get items and build up enough money to synth weapons. But the beauty of this game clearly doesn't lie with the gameplay, it's with the story, so I liked the fact that it wasn't too hard. The Book battle at Alexandria castle was probably the most frustrating part of the game (to the point that I've played - I've yet to beat it).

None of them really. It was a fairly even game, although I don't remember dying that much unless I was facing Ozma after I had already beaten the game.

Bosses weren't too hard overall, but the Necron battle at the end was like a roll of the dice. I beat him easily at low level 40's and then I got back when my characters are around level 50 or so and I die mo' fast when I face Necron; crazy.

Hmmm no i wouldnt say so. Sure nowadays after completing it umpteen times it is rather easy but for first playthroughs i found this one harder than VII and definately harder than VIII. Bosses such as gizamaluke and the earth guardian always gave me trouble in a battle. Also i believe the last time i played this game necron gave me a good hiding quite a few times and that was probadly like my tenth playthrough, so nope id say it was challenging at the least.

Thought it was really simple. Till about the 4th CD and was really underleveled and struggled to get passed the final monsters.

It's not '' Too Easy '' but it's more forgiving than the later Final Fantasies.

I didnt find it any easier or harder than most final fantasies I have played...about the same as VII, VIII, X, and XII for me...maybe b/c I level a lot...sure there were tough bosses here and there, but nothing too hard or too easy. IV is the only one I thought was tough, and VI at the end because most of my party was under leveled.

I voted for kinda of easy, I beat it once, and it only took my about a week and that is playing only a few hours a day. All in all it was a fun game to play, although I think the hardest bosses were at the end. Mainly the Four Guardian boss, the one where it was just Zidane, and Quina. I almost never used Quina so it was kinda hard.:P

Why can't you guys put it was AVERAGE? I don't think the game was easy but it sure had easy parts, I believe I had a problem with Kuja at the end. xD but then I restarted the console before he beat me. ^^; after that I just level up a bit and I was able to beat him. so it was AVERAGE.

So far, I found it easy. But now it's actually becoming a challenge. Now I'm in a the Limbulm castle (w/e it's called). It is taking me awhile to figure out were to go since before I was only in a village before.

The fiends are starting to get a bit harder too.

I thought it was one of the easiest Final Fantasy games. Really, it was quite easy to play the game without any difficulty as long as you learned the correct abilities. Personally, I found Necron to be the only challenging boss in the game - but then again, I never tried to fight Ozma.

It was average really, some parts were very easy and others gave me trouble. I didn't stand a chance the first time I fought Lich (with Zidane and Quina) but that's because I wasn't properly equipped. I had a lot of trouble with the final string of bosses too (particularly Deathguise and trance Kuja). But at the same time there were alot of really easy parts of the game too, so I'd rate the game as average as far as difficulty goes.

Back