That one very significant moment...

Kim Taehyung

You shine brighter than anyone ✨
Veteran
Gil
When you first said "I love you" to your boyfriend/girlfriend/Husband/Wife or the one you're engaged to. When did you first realize you're in love? have you been in love yet? If not, what are your opinions on love?

Oh, by the way, if there's a thread like this that already exists, feel free to merge/delete. ^_^

Well, when I first said it, it was about two weeks (yeah, two weeks) into my current, and well, only relationship. I was so sure at the moment, but I was afraid to say it because I didn't want to scare him and possibly drive him away. But I did, and I'm very grateful that I did. ^_^

lol I'm really bad at this. When I'm into someone, I fall fast. Very fast. If there's nothing there, I don't fall at all. But I never am on the fence with this at all. Most of the time the girl is still at the "Hi, my name is..." phase of the relationship while I'm booking the band for the reception. haha

It's not that saying "I love you" doesn't mean anything to me. It does. I just know how I feel and I don't fuck around with telling someone. It has prevented a few relationship but it has yet to save any.

Can't say I've ever experienced anything reciprocal to be honest. I totally suck at this stuff. Don't know what to say. A girl need only to say a few words to me, or even look at me on occasion, and I get too shy to say anything at all. Then again, I'm like that a lot with people in general, but more so with girls. Doh.

Where I have felt for people, I've not done anything about it, but dream really. If I were to do anything, I'd just get laughed at as I'd have no chance!

However, sadly, the more I think about my past, the more I see opportunities I could have had, where people had tried to talk to me, tried to loosen me up, but I let them down. Well, no more! If it comes to it, I'll walk about town in a chicken costume... It's a talking point!

EDIT in 2011: What the heck was I thinking with this post? What the heck was I thinking with me? Though it still applies, I guess. Give or take a chicken costume.

Last edited:
I'm am in love. :tighthug:

With one of my friends, she's so funny and fun to be with.
I haven't told her yet, that I like her and all.
Because it'd make everything weird.
I told her bestfriend that I like her and I'm pretty sure she told her.
Soon enough. :cassy:

I have only been in love once and it is with my current partner of 1 year and a half.

I think we had only been together 2 months and that was when he first told me that he loved me and I told him that I loved him in return.

I think it was love at first site with me and him to be honest =P From the day we met on a train we have been inseperable, like we had known each other forever. We have lived together for a year and it feels like an eternity already >_<

I did have one other tell me that he loved me a few years ago when we were both still young. It didn't last though. We were each other's first boyfriend/girlfriend and it just didn't end up working out.

The first kiss is always the best sign for if you both love each other, saying you love each other etc is great but in reality, you'll most likely know that anyway. But that first kiss is magical and makes you feel all giddy and amazing like mine and Kaylz last Weds, mainly because it just...happens, you don't think about kissing them and you just do it. :)
It's sorta difficult to explain, but it's one of the best moments ever within the relationship so that would be the "one very significant moment" in my eyes.

Ive only ever said it once and the funny thing is it was the shortest relationship ive ever been in. It wasnt anything to do with scaring her off because she said it first and i do believe she meant it. But since then ive never said i love you to any girlfriend, ive never felt that way since. Although you can love someone dont mean itl work out i realised, so im not looking for anything like that atm.
Im seeing a girl this now whos a good laugh, we get on well and stuff but im avoiding getting too involved, im gonna see how it plays out before doing anything hasty.

I don't think I've ever been in love, there have been times when I thought I was, but afterwards I realised I wasn't truly in love. I don't think I've ever told any one I love them either (besides family). A few people have told me they loved me, but I'm not particularly sure if they actually meant it or not. I'm more used to someone saying "I LOVED YOU!" during an argument and again I'm not sure if they really meant it or not.

I don't think love is the most important thing in life, but that could be because I haven't fallen in love yet.

I don't fall in love quickly. So hmm. Last time, we'd been going out for one and a half years. Honestly, I think I just woke up and realized, "Oh. I love you." And ever since that day, every time he would tell me he loves me, I'd say "I love you too."

But that's all in the past. I don't think I'll ever say it again. ... Until marriage. :gasp:

I don't fall in love quickly. So hmm. Last time, we'd been going out for one and a half years. Honestly, I think I just woke up and realized, "Oh. I love you." And ever since that day, every time he would tell me he loves me, I'd say "I love you too."

But that's all in the past. I don't think I'll ever say it again. ... Until marriage. :gasp:

Similar situation here, mine was for about 6-7 months? I don't know what I was thinking, feelings just take over? It's wierd.

But to love someone is..idk. Where you really will die without them?

Gosh, I can't remember the first time I said 'I love you' to Chris. :unsure:

I think we used hearts and roses in instant messages and texts for a while first, sort of easing into it. :lew: In doing that, we showed one another that we were heading towards that feeling, but didn't actually say it before it meant something. :)

The only boyfriend I can remember saying these words to for the first time is actually the boyfriend I never loved and never could have loved. Basically, he was a sexist douche and only wanted to have his ego stroked and have sex as he pined for someone else. He said the words to me at the bus stop and I just said them back because I didn't want to embarrass him. That was my shortest and stupidest relationship. >_< I feel very ashamed of myself for ever entering into it. :sorry:

I first said it to my then-boyfriend, now-fiance about two weeks in, too. I said it first, and he said it about a week later because he was too shy apparently xD
I realised I was in love a few days before I said it. Something about him was just amazing to me, I couldn't quite put my finger on what, but I know I had fallen pretty hard. Still the same now, I am glad to say.

I've never been the first person to say "I love you" I'm not really a romantic but I kind of think you should save those words for when you're sure otherwise they just lose their meaning. Though I've only ever said it to two guys and both times I didn't mean it, I just said it to shut them up... so I guess the meaning was already lost haha :wacky:

Sam my ex said those horrible words 3 months into dating, and I refused to say it back because I wasn't sure, it took me literally a year before I finally said it back and that was because he was getting upset at me over it. He'd always say it and I'd be like "That's nice.....>_>"

I'd love to eventually find someone to say those words to and actually mean it. Plenty time though, plenty, plenty.

I've never been the first person to say "I love you" I'm not really a romantic but I kind of think you should save those words for when you're sure otherwise they just lose their meaning...

I'm the same exact way. My ex that I had been in the longest relationship with said it after only a month of us dating...and he said it at a really awkward moment which made it really uncomfortable for me. I didn't say I love you back because I really didn't feel that way for him. In the months that we went out I think he maybe said it once more without me returning the sentiments and we ended up breaking up not too long after that.

If you ever feel forced to say it its not the same...and if you say it too often the meaning of it does lose its value.

I've never been a mushy/romantic person either so I suppose that doesn't help :wacky:

Back