Favourite GF?

Well, I'm a bit biased 'cause I've always loved Shiva in most FF games~ :3 I think her design in FFVIII is one of the most interesting out of all the games.

She looks sorta like a sea creature with those fin-like details on her arms && legs, not to mention the hair/antennae/whatever it is. *cough*A lot better looking compared to the design in FFVII >_> Just a high ponytail and loincloth for clothing... *cough* xD

LOL, no DoomTrain. He was always my favorite. His actual attack was never that strong, but he always caused some kind of status effect on every single enemy (to my knowledge). Which was ok, because my team was always @ high levels anyways, so they could inflict all the physical damage.

Not only his attacks, but all the abilities he provided and the early access to items etc.

My favs are Shiva and Quezacotl! Their attack animations gimme the feel that they hit really hard. It feels satisfactory summoning them out to deal damage! I especially love Shiva because I always junction it to Squall and they look like a perfect match - a warrior with her Ice Queen =)

hmmm for me its a toss up between Alexander and Bahamut simply because most of the time once you call them its over so to speak, they are mega powerful but in terms of style i would have to go with Bahamut. Sorry but Megaflare rocks.

Doomtrain reminds me of final destination definitely my favorite, that or bahamut, dragon king =A=

Cerebus because all the doubles and triples he gives out. It's very kind of him and oh yeah he looks badass :P

Doomtrain given to Selphie is just so win and so fitting towards her character. It makes gettting Doomtrain so the whole much more.

Whoah for a second I thought this was a thread for favourite girlfriends 8(

At any rate, I would go for Shiva.

Definitely Doom Train for his awesomeness and versitality. But for some reason however he's not on the list. :-( Otherwise I stick with Alexander because of how epic his entrance is. Worst would be Curbuncle though. Sure he's cute and all, but he's useless since every time I summoned him it always backfired unintentionally (and the reflect soundeffect is hideous in VIII so that makes him even worse.)

My favourite GF has got to be Tonberry. Basically because he has some great abillities that let you buy from the shops from the menu screen and also because he requires some effort to obtain (defeating 20 tonberry's). I rarely ever summoned in ff8, I was actually able to destroy 2 of ultimecias forms in 1 attack.

I hardly ever use GFs any more. Limit breaks all the way for battling. However, Bahamut wins my vote here for being my favourite incarnation of Bahamut so far in the series.

Tonberry gets an honourable mention. His abilities are the most unique and useful!

I liked most of them...except for Cactuar (he sucks :sad3:). My favourites would have been Ifrit, Shiva, Diablos, Doomtrain (he should really be on the list), Bahamut and Leviathan; I liked them a whole whole lot! For the poll I picked Ifrit though because he really looked like a real boss on that meteor!

odin takes the cake
FF8_Odin.png

and then it's

FF11-DiabolosConceptArt.JPG

el diabolos :cali:

phoenix
FFVIII-Phoenix.jpg

Quezacotl_FFVIII_Art.png

quezacotl

Carbuncle_FFVIII_Art.png

carbuncle

those are my favorite but it's between odin, diabolos or phoenix

Everyone *pretty much* served their purpose. Even if you hardly used GFs ( I know I didn't) but they helped boost your characters stats anyhow so :wacky:

I'd say the most convenient GF would be Cerberus with the double and triples that really can also help out in battle.

I always disliked Siren and Cactuar... they didn't really do much.

Carbuncle can help with his Ruby light and hes cute! :cali:

I think my favorite based on design and damage would be Shiva.

Back