Favourite GF?

TheMixedHerb

Paladin
Veteran
Gil
Well what was your favourite GF throughout FFVIII, even if you didn't use them hardly or at all, what would be your favourite.
Perhaps the look of the GF, the attack itself?:monster:
This can also include the summons such as Odin, Gilgamesh or Phoenix.
For me it would have to be Bahamut, I've always been a
fan of Bahamut and I liked the way you had to battle him by answering his questions and avoiding the blue lights. I didn't like it at first but I like it more now.
I love the Mega Flare attack it's just immense I've always loved it in every FF, of all recurring features. I would have to say Bahamut would be one of my favourite.

I believe there was a thread about this in the past, but i'll answer it anyways:D

My favourite summon is probably Bahamut as well, i think his intro his the best of the game, flying through the sky and appearing in the middle of clouds only to unleash several flares to your opponent, it really is wonderful.

How about you had a poll? So we can see who as the lead?

I believe there was a thread about this in the past, but i'll answer it anyways:D

My favourite summon is probably Bahamut as well, i think his intro his the best of the game, flying through the sky and appearing in the middle of clouds only to unleash several flares to your opponent, it really is wonderful.

How about you had a poll? So we can see who as the lead?
1) I didn't know that =/
We'll have to see what happens xD
2)I don't know how to do a poll i've never done one before. :wacky:
I never thought of that too, good idea Jimmy! :)

Off Topic:You need to edit your post and add a poll, but perhaps a mod can do that for you.

I think there was one but it's been a long time so don't worry about it;) This thread seems fine, because there are brand new members with brand new opinions.

I also forgot to mention that another reason why Bahamut is my favourite GF it's because of all the abilities you can get from him, that said i don't think he deserves the title of GF King as there are stronger GFs then him.

I always kept spamming Shiva for some reason, I don't know why I liked using her so much but meh. I used her for the majority of the game until I got Eden in Ultimercia's Castle.

You gotta remember that threads will always get duplicated :)
I liked bahamut best i like the whole thing with him being a dragon hes been one of my favourites throughout the whole series. His attack does loads of damage which is always a big plus.
I also liked shiva, she saved me so many times during my first playthrough when i was close to death.
Diablos i liked aswell, not so much for his attack just because he was a pretty tough boss and i got much satisfaction when i finally owned him with laguna kiros and ward.

Eden is my favorite GF summon in FF8. This guy's attack is so darn strong! It really did helped me defeat Ultimecia. Bahamut also helped me keep the damages going. I also like it every time Eden is being summoned. It looks cool!

I don't rly have 1, but a few of my favs...I can't rly say which 1 I like more...

Odin; cuz of Zantetsuken (without excalipoor), the fact that you have the king of Valhalla on your side is kinda cool and he's more honorable than other GF (even other human chars. in the game...)
Ifrit; Str +60% perfect 4 nuker char. and looks awesome
Eden; 5 figure dmg (no other reason requiered;))

If I had to pick a favorite one to use it would have to be Quezocotl (I hope I spelled that right). Mostly because you get it from the beginning and I dont think I ever un-junctioned it from Squall the entire game(except when I had too).

As for my favorite GF just in general it would have to be Diablo. Just because I thought the battle to get him was pretty cool, even though the battle was damn hard at times.

There is a favourites thread for this stickied, and, a discussion section too I think.

-closes-

Holy fuck, Dave totally got before me, how did I NOT realise that?!

Ima unlock this now ;D

Doomtrain was win, I liked how he inflicted status ailments aswel as doing damage, meltdown ftw.

I found Tonberry hilarious when he was summoned. Idk if it was when he said "Doink" when he stabbed an enemy or what. I also like Bahamut alot, mainly due to my liking of him from FFVII and it just carried over to VIII. Carbuncle I liked too. It was weird too, when he was summoned it was like "aww look at that thing pop his head out and flip in the air". Kinda weird but yea lol.

Doomtrain was awesome because he inflicted every negative status in the book, plus the animation was cool. Every big battle had Doomtrain summoned to start out with. But my favorite is definitely Bahamut. That animation is so kickass its not even funny. The way you see the shadow moving through the clouds, then his head pops out over them, it's downright scary. Then all of a sudden he breaks through the clouds and starts firing shells. But then the mighty roar to ignite the Mega Flare's true power. It's just too awesome for words.

Definitely doomtrain. I had a round of "buffing" GFs that I would use at the onset of battle: Doomtrain, Carbuncle, and Cerberus. The next round of GFs would be my primary damage dealers: DIablos (where applicable) Eden and Bahaumut

I always liked Shiva, I could say she's my favorite GF. I used her a lot in the game, plus her summoning is really beautiful. ^^

The other ones I liked was Diablos (I just wish we could use Gravija too. D= ) Bahamut and Cactuar. I just regret not using Doomtrain so much. It was already late in the game when I discovered how badass his attack was. ^^'

Back