Favourite GF?

Shuya said:
Odin helps A LOT especially on Island closest to hell, when the tentacley monsters appear... m-something, forgot the name.

Malboro?

I like Odin, too. When I first played through this game it took me a few minutes to realize that
Seifer kills him no matter what
and that I wasn't doing something wrong.

Diablos. I liked the whole eerie Darkness thing and he is by far my favorite to obtain.

Bahamut is the best imo. His intro/cutscenes are awesome, and the mega flare is kick ass!

Shiva, i just used her alot with squall, her attack sometimes outran the final bosses attack.

I haven't finished the game yet but I gotta say I love Quezelcot........

That thing is a lifesaver(with his vast amount if HP) and a killer (his thunderous attacks)

And also his attack rocks.........maybe I'm being too kind but I think Quezelcot could be my fave thunderous summon ahead of Ramuh.

This is an interesting question because each one had something useful about it, or something to like imo.

All things considered, I really loved Eden. It was an amazing help throughout the game. And it looked pretty cool, that always helps in boosting my opinion.

Shiva, i just used her alot with squall, her attack sometimes outran the final bosses attack.

Likewise. Shiva was my favorite GF in the game by far. I just liked the look of her, how she was summoned and her element. Quezacotl comes in second and Ifrit third. I always liked to match the GF with the user personality. I had Shiva on Squall because Squall has that "cold as ice" thing going on I thought. Selphie was full of energy so I gave her Quezacotl and Zell naturally being the hot-head that he is got Ifrit.

Fun times.

I really liked Odin as he is a great help whenever he appear's but am going Bahamut I loved his intro and his mega flare attack is a really strong.

Diablos, definitely. Pretty powerful (does 1/3 damage of the total HP? Yes please), and pretty badass, in general.

Leviathan has always been my Favo, but Odin was just WOW in FF8, unbelievable cool.
I never had Eden :(

Also Alexander was awesome.

Usefulness-in-battle-wise, I go for Odin. Then either Cerberus or Carbuncle.

Ability-wise, definitely Tonberry (the shopping abilities) and Quezacotl (card modifier). With these two there was no need to use any GFs in battle since you got so many good items through cards and shopping~refining so your characters got super strong. Plus the Haggle/Sell High combo to earn money.

Doomtrain for me. Meltdown, anyone?
It's a shame you don't get it until the end of Disc 3, but at least you can use him against the optional bosses (and Ultimecia and her goons).

Bahamut is an obvious choice, as is Diablos. The fight with Diablos was pretty cool (my first ever use of Zell's Armageddon Fist), and his Mug and Enc-None abilities are really useful.
Ifrit, Shiva and Quezacotl were also staples for me, although I ended up turning the volume down whenever Quezacotl's animation played. It really started to grind me after a while.

Oh, and Gilgamesh, because he kicks Seifer's butt.

Ifrit, because i've liked the fact that he starts with HP-J with helps me boost my Squalls HP really early on in the game, plus he looks awesome.

I gotta say Shiva because she was a real life-saver for me, particularly when it came to bosses such as NORG and even beyond that.

I like Diablos the most. He's not exactly the most useful in boss battles but he has given me a runner up in numerous battles my team has fought. That and Jumbo Cactuar, who did some decent damage now and then and made me giggle at the same time.

I didnt really have a favourite GF in this game as i never really used them in battles
in terms of usefulness id say Diablos Tonberry and Cactuar were the best because they had some of the most useful abilities.
in battle my favourite was Probably and this is cliche bahamut awesome attack.
But you cant beat tonberry
who else could stand up to him and his jabber :)

Well I haven't finished the game yet, but so far I would have to say Diablos. I fought him as soon as I got the item for him, and I must say I have never had a more exhilarating, gritty, nail-biting battle experience than this one. It literally took me more than 20 minutes to defeat him (after several tries that were at least 20 minutes long each), and he would drive me so close to death over and over again that every few turns I was sure that it was going to be the end--especially since I was relying on Selphie's random Full Cure low-HP special attack to heal me. But in the end I managed to wear him down with whatever attacks did the most damage (not that much) and finally won with all three characters still standing. Though a lot of times for story's sake I like easy, quick battles, every once in a while I do really enjoy the thrill of having to work my butt off for one as well, and this was definitely that. Plus, it gave me a lot of respect for him as a character, and added a little to the realism--battles are always a million times tougher on the characters than they are for us RL players, so this kind of difficulty gives you at least some sort of a better connection to that epic struggling feeling :hmmm:

I agree. Diablos. Followed closely by Brothers. Only because they were funny and it was a cool dungeon to find em.

Why has no-one mentioned Ifrit?

Ifrit had the coolest looking move and the roar he does before he summons that gigantic fireball was awesome

Back