Manga Recommendation

Anyone who knows how to read should read Gantz.

Ok maybe not ANYONE considering the vast amount of nudity and unbelievable graphic violence. But still it's worth a read for anyone who isn't bothered by that kinda stuff. It has a very interesting, engaging storyline with believable characters and is very addictive once you get started. I encourage anyone to at least give it a try, I'll admit it's not for everyone though.

I second this <3 really a fantastic manga!! i personally don't care about the nudity/ violence in the manga(i believe nudity is too common in jp manga, no?)

Vagabond, one of the best manga series ever! Inoue Takehiko is listed my top 3 manga artists ;9 Vagabond is, in my opinion even better than Slam Dunk.

Real, another by Inoue Takehiko, tells the stories of a group of teenagers, a wheelchair basketball player, a school drop-out and a paralyzed previous basketball team leader.

Gintama!! Definitely the most random/ crazy manga i've read! the anime is very well done but the manga still wins in comparison <3 everyone should read this (life changing!!!)

HunterXHunter。okay, the artist is being an a**hole but no denying all his creations are heavenly!!! (like YuYu Hakusho)

20th Century Boy. EPIC!!! anyone who reads manga should have read this. it has a complicated storyline but very engaging, it's like nothing i've seen before. 5 stars!

Kagen no Tsuki. It's a girl manga but the story is not typically so. it's about a high school girl name mitsuki, she meets a mysterious man, adam, when she runs away from home and soon falls in love with him. on the day adam is to leave she decides to follow him but is hit by a car at their rendezvous. When she once again gains consciousness she finds herself alone in a mansion, and whatever she does she can't leave the place. She can't recall anything about herself but she still has memories of adam, and wants desperately to meet him again. a small girl finds Mitsuki accidentally when she goes inside the mansion following her cat. but except for herself, none of her friends is able to see Mitsuki. they decide to help Mitsuki out the house and find out who she really is.

and so much more :9

Well, I'll pass on repeating stuff like Fairy Tail, Bleach and One Piece and mention something rather random I'm reading called Wolf Guy. It's a VERY mature manga involving werewolves, crime, violence, gore and unhinged sex but it's also got a very engaging and sometimes disturbing story...

But it's also got some pretty good art and a lot of suspense. Overall you need to like your gore and craziness to like this thing.

And on the far other end of the spectrum--Kimi ni Todoke. I rarely read shoujo (last I read was Ouran High School Host Club) but this one caught my eye. It's pretty sweet, even though some bits of it are cliche'd. But it's still done in a good way and if you were socially awkward as a teenager (like I was, ha) you'll really feel for the people involved.

Ann Cassandra, this post is going to be LOADED with SPOILERS: its basically a short story -- a few chapters or so -- but its interesting all the while, the girl has the power to tell when someone will die, sort of like a premonitions, The girls name is Nanaki, she ends up meeting this guy, Banjou, who is trying to defy his own death by preventing other innocent people form dying and he needs her help to do it, it turns into a struggle for Nanaki's sanity in the end but its an amazing manga.

Back