Advent Children The Wolf

I think the wolf symbolized Cloud's loneliness and isolation from everyone else. Like the phrase "Lone Wolf". I also think it symbolizes Zack because it first appears next to Cloud's Buster Sword, a sword that was originally Zack's. So I think it represents both Zack and Cloud's loneliness.

hhhhmmmmmm (im thinking now)

well........ i think that it symbolizes Clouds loniliness too. BECAUSE!! in the begining of the movies cloud has isolated himself from his friends he no longer answers the fone! But gradually throughout the movie he slowly lets his friends back in, and at the end of the movie he basically sacrifices himself for his friends and in the vision of him laying down after hes been shot with the wolf over him symbolizes him finally letting his friends back in to his life and he feels relieved of the guilt of Zack and Aeris dieing.
but a wolf also symbolizes

<FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial>Loyalty, success, perseverance, stability, thought, pathfinder, teacher, intuition, learning, the
shadow.

i kind of got curious but then realized that it was more like Zack than either Cloud or Aeris.........

the wolf appeared in most places it kind of got me thinking it was Red but i knew it wasn't. zack was with Cloud and Cloud is supposedly living it out for both of them.

no way it could be Aeris..... she was in most of the white scenes that cloud had in visions.

no way it could be Cloud, he was just councelled by Marlene and Vincent and went into flash backs and white scenes with Aeris' voice in back....... so he wasn't alone........

i say it was Zack's spirit..... plus Zack had black hair and the wolf was Gray.......

In Japanese culture there is said to be a Wolf symbolizing life and spiritualism meaning it is most likely either the lifestream manifesting into a wolf much like a gaurdian angel, or it is both Zack and Aerith but definitely not either one or the other... You choose whichever one you like more!!!

I agree. It could be Aerith? Ohh i don't know. I didn't understand why when I watched it lol

I think it is Clods way of emembering Zack and symbolising he is a lone wolf who doesn't want anyones help

Its just part of his design. Doesnt he have it in last order when he is with Zack and before he met Aerith.

heh didn't see this thread anyway

I think the wolf symbolizes Zack's spirit as you mainly see it by the buster sword (which originally was Zack's weapon) so that is my theory

The wolf had always stumped me. I've wondered what it was but I couldnt figure it out. I would like to think its Clouds reason, or will. Everytime Cloud seemed down or beaten the wolf was there.

He was depressed at the site where the Buster Sword was, and the wolf appeared. Then when the Geostigma took him over and knocked him out the wolf was there next to him.

IMO I believe that the wolf is his willpower manifested for us to see. A wolf holds power and will strike when threatened. Same with Cloud. The wolf just seems to be him, in some sort of animal form.

darn i tried to start a thread about this and there already waz one lol. i believed for the longest time that the wolf waz zack but now im beginning to believe that it is like a symbol of the pain and guilt cloud has over lozing aerith and zack and the fact that he acts like a lone wolf

i think its Zack aswell because at the start of the movie when Cloud is by the buster sword in the ground he says "i said i would live both our lives,easy to make that promise" or something like that, and isnt he wolf there aswell?

This is why i think that the wolf is Zack too. The only thing i dont get in your post is the
and isnt he wolf there aswell?
If you talking about Zack here then yes he is the wolf there.

I actually think it's Zack's spirit around his friend.

Why do I say that?

Because it first appears in the spot where Zack died with Cloud as the only witness.

I always thoght that the wolf represented Cloud's loneliness after Zack's and Aerith's death.

But today my mind kinda changed when I watched AC again I noticed that in the end when Aerith says:

Aerith:He's too big to adopt
Zack: Sorry kid, no space for you

Cloud was all alone in white emptyness, then the wolf came beside him and disappeared.
Could it be like his father or something?

No...the wolf is a representation of Cloud's remorse and loneliness. I've finally come to discover this. The wolf appeared at Zack's grave because of the guilt he felt for being too weak to save his best friend, the wolf appeared in the church after Tifa was injured because he felt guilty that he didn't make it on time to protect her from being hurt and the wolf appeared in the Forgotten City because of the remorse he felt at letting Aerith die. Only at the end do we see that wolf finally disappears because Cloud has learned to forgive himself (with the help of Aerith, making him understand that she never blamed him and he doesn't need to be forgiven by her) and let go of the guilt he harbored on for so long when it came to her. It has nothing to do with Cloud's father...

No...the wolf is a representation of Cloud's remorse and loneliness. I've finally come to discover this. The wolf appeared at Zack's grave because of the guilt he felt for being too weak to save his best friend, the wolf appeared in the church after Tifa was injured because he felt guilty that he didn't make it on time to protect her from being hurt, and the wolf appeared in the Forgotten City because of the remorse he felt at letting Aerith die. Only at the end do we see that wolf finally disappears because Cloud has learned to forgive himself (with the help of Aerith, making him understand that she never blamed him and he doesn't need to be forgiven by her) and let go of the guilt he harbored on for so long when it came to her. It has nothing to do with Cloud's father...
Ok then ...

I think we have this case closed already. And who said it had something to do with his father? His father isn't even mentioned at all.

Laro in the post above me questioned if the wolf could be Cloud's father. Nothing like that was or has ever been mentioned. Pretty much what I just told you up there is the wolf was a representation of those things in regards to Cloud. A symbolism if you will. Though Cloud is also the lone wolf type, so it certainly does fit his character, hence the wolf emblems he wears. That's another thing I've also heard and I think it possibly says something like that in the Reunion Files, but I could be wrong. I'd have to look it up to be certain.

I thought the wolf was some kind of guardian spirit or something...

I want that awesome wolf shoulder thing too...

fenrir is supposedly a wolf that is still growing and will one day eat the world. maybe thats a reference to cloud being the only remaining part of jenova?

i though it was zack because he was by himself until cloud showed up to cheer him up by being his friend
it also represents clouds lonliness

I think the wolf represent Zack...Everytime the wolf appears, there is sure something about Zack. The cliff with Buster Sword, when Cloud gets shot, when Cloud's phone falls into the lake...

what about Tifa?
doesnt she have a wolf ring on her right hand?

and Denzel...i think he has a wolf pendant necklace too <<not 100% sure tho

Back