RPG Inferno Error Report Thread

Well, I've had this for a long time... but my MAG stat is up to 155, but it's supposed to be 160 (or 150... not sure). The points that I put in under Customize Character along with the bonuses as sure as hell don't match.

Another glitch...
Meta Charizard gave me a Sage's Staff and Summoner's Garb, so I replaced the Magical Sword with the Staff and my Vampire Cape with the Garb, giving me 35 MAG DEF, -50 MP, and 75 MAG. When I took on this Catoblepas...(click the thumbnail)
my MP bar was bigger?

One of you guys forgot the trigger at the guild. Me and who ever also has reached that spot would appreciate it if it was fixed.

I think I'm facing an error. I go to the Coliseum, talk to the Coliseum Master, and then go to the Arena where the Golem is suppose to be, but it's not there.

I took a screen shot of what I'm seeing when I get there: http://i42.tinypic.com/28rpowz.jpg

Yeah, never faced it. Was it moved? o_O

Something happened with my stat points, and I'm missing 2 SPD points, although I spent 5 Attribute points on that stat.

I've got two problems.

First:

unjnf9ii7olia7sqfu9r.jpg

My magic is 93 and Cactaur's M-def is 65. Even though my 5th level of Blizzard happens to effect on it as ZERO!? or 2!? it happens a lot!

Second. There's a mystery bear as NPC and I talked to him with 3900 Gils in my hands and it asked me for 5000 Gils. then it took my 3900 and nothing happened!

If I recall, magic defense decreases the damage based on the stat amount (say you use a spell that deals 20 damage on a monster with 10 magic defense, it would then deal 10 damage instead of 20)

And the mystery bear, if I recall correctly is what we could call... a 'trap' NPC am I correct in saying it gave you the link to traverse town?

About the bear, it makes sense if it's a trap!
But about the magic, I have +28 stats (+40%) than this creature's Mag def. still ZERO is unacceptable! right now I'm in another battle with it and my stat is +103 Magic and in an attack I damaged it +60 point which means the max power for blizzard. but again in other attack It was +56, means so close to max! I just added 10 more points! and in a battle earlier with same stat again I had damages 3 and 5 too! so much differences between each attack!

It may have to do with the monster's magic defense itself. Taking into account that magic power determines how much effect a spell has, while magic defense works to beat back the magic damage by knocking it down by it's damage units. If possible, could you post the MDEF levels of the monsters you fought, along with your MAG and the damage dealt with the spell? It may be easier to figure out the cause of this if I know that ;)

It's the same monster! Cactaur!
In previous versions of game! I used to imply even fire, the basic magic to monsters with 300 magic def when my Mag was 330 ( 300 base and +30 bonus) and it had around 30-40, more than half of it's max damage! damage on him! if the M-def would reduce the numbers of damage! it should have been 0 all the time! Also there has been times that an user with MAG 100 or so cast spell on me with Def 150 and it has had it's partial effect.

Also there's another problem that I always had with all the versions.
Wen I cast a spell on Enemy#1 at the next turn when I click on magic, the target is on the same foe as default! but sometimes happens that when I do that, it's on me as default and since sometimes I happen to click on cast, it takes me down instead! this one really pisses off!

Well for the MDEF issue, I guess mayb it works as a % block? I can't claim to know the technicalities behind the defensive stats but that's the only guess I can come up with... My efense in the old RPG had a similar effect when someone physically attacked me, often dealing 0 or 20 damage tops :gasp:

As for the other problem... You may be clicking magic too quickly and then the system refreshes the cast list, so you need to reselect, attack does the same thing if you click too early.

It probably deals inadequate damage because Blizzards base damage is too low. Try using Fire; it'll deal more damage than Blizzard despite the MAG DEF of Cactaur.

Halp

Spoke to that wounded soldier who was waffling about me going to some tower

said tower aint showing up. its not on the to visit list or on the world map, and Ive spoke to him well loads now and still nuffin. Am I missing summat or does it hate me?

edit* nm, I'm clearly stupid :wacky:

Last edited:
Some why I'm unable to complete quests and get the rewards for them. Honestly, I have tried everything and I do talk with all the NPC's. It just doesn't give me the rewards. Missing both, refined boots and axe ...

I'm in a battle and I'm sure that I got 2 Warriors potions with me and look at this!! It says I have (-2) potions and does not let me use!

screen856.jpg

Gives me this message "An error has occured, the following message has been left below:

You have selected an invalid potion or have none of them left." ( 'Occured' should have double R)

Back