RPG Inferno Suggestions Thread

Dean Winchester

Keeping you alive by killing what's in the Dark...
Veteran
Gil
In this thread you have been granted the opportunity to suggest any idea that could be implemented in the current development of The Game. Bear in mind that suggestions might or might not be implemented as we must select carefully which ones are beneficial or viable. When submitting your suggestion, please be as specific and clear as possible.

Another class
Monk - A group of fighters whose core believes are that one should fight offensively without the aid of weapons or armor.
Prefered weapons
None/claws
spells
Chakra
mp to cast: 100 -5 per level up
Miss chance: 0 +5 per level up
Hp permenit: 100 +10 per level up 350 max
Mp permenit: 10 +10 per level up 200 max
Charge
mp to cast: 50 +1 per level up
Miss chance: 20 +5 per level up
Str 20 +5 max 120 (1 turn)
dex 20 + 5 max 120 (1 turn)
Earth Cleave
Mp to cast: 100+10 per level up
Miss chance: 25 +5 per level up
Hp -400 max 600 (target)
mp -10 max 20 (target)
Attack Types
Fighter's Spirit
-100% def, eva, mag def.
+100% str

So what do you think?

If at all possible would there be a way to add the 'throw' command in the Misc bit in the RPG battle screen?

Some suggestions;​

-Adding two Trainers from the start, so we can master our Spells/Attack Types anytime.

Sword Master:
HP/MP; 100
STR: 0
DEF:999
DEX:0
MAG:0
MDEF:0
SPD:0

Magic Master;
Exactly the same as above except 999 MDEF instead of DEF.

They should have very few HP so we can kill them when we finish the train. With 0 DEF even a Sage with 10 STR and 10 DEX would be able to kill it.

- Bring the Triple Triad back (if possible)

- Open Special areas that would give rare equips/spells/pets to ONLY when a trainer acomplished a certain number of objectives. Example; Complete a certain number of Hunts, win 1000 matches, have more than 90% winning percentage, etc. One prize for each acomplishment?

- Request a unique Pet/Weapon/Spell/Attack Type.
Of course, to win that right, one must win a competion, tournament.

- Add Pets not just mainly as Summons, but Bosses we defeat on the game, Famous FF characters with their respective Limit Breaks as Attack Types and Weapons, Magics. Adding only Summons, seems too repetitive. (Sephiroth, Anaconda, Chocobo, Marilith, Gilgamesh etc.)

-Famous quests from Final Fantasy games such as; Trickster, Ozma, Yiazmat, WEAPON's, Espers, 8 Legendary Dragons, 4 Elemental Fiends, etc.

- Open Underworld Coliseum, the dark side of Coliseum where bosses were twice as powerful as the Coliseum ones. All the fights would be against Multi-Bosses. To enter, you must have to Find and Complete a Quest that Hades asks you *cough* Defeat Hercules *cough* and he grants your wish. =D

I'll bring this over from "RPG Names".
Well, how about making the part of the story from the start to Hell's Way into something from FFIII? Example:
Larai Village/Graveyard/Chapel into Kazus, with Refia and Takka instead of Mary and Elizabeth. Instead of the Graveyard, change it into the Mithril Mines, and merge Mary and Elizabeth into Refia's Shop. Takka can take Ralius' place. Cid can also replace Romus in the Chapel.
Instead of the Tunnels, you can have the names of the caves with the crystals (Altar Cave, Molten Cave, Cave of Tides, and Ancients' Maze) if you decide to add Summoner to the primary classes. The bosses for the crystal caves are Land Turtle, Salamander, Kraken, and Titan. You can also rename the shops into Luneth (Assassin), Arc (Mage/Sage) Ingus (Warrior), and Desch (Summoner). Rabanastre can be renamed Amur, and Hell's Way and Conhaggen can be renamed Saronia Catacombs and Saronia respectively.
Yeah... that's a lot of info.

I can get some pictures if you want, and as for a picture of Ingus there's one right in my sig.

Sure! Glad to see that someone likes my ideas.
How about replacing Sapphire Forest 1 with Cid's Airship, and Refia replace both Traveling Merchants (sells stuff and gives you a hunt both on the Airship)? Sapphire Forest 2-5 can become... Sasunian Forest, or something.
More familiar components would be a welcome replacement. Here are a few (all from FFXII)
Wolf pelt
Cactus Fruit (droppable potion, cannot be bought)
Large Feather (drops from Urstrix, usable only in armors)
Small Feather (ditto except drops from Cockatrice)
Green Liquid
Yellow Liquid
Demon Tail
Molting (drops from Sleipnir)
I'll follow up in edits on this post.

I've submitted several PM's to Gabby about Kazus and the Mythril Mines. I'll try to get as many done today as possible.

Some suggestions;​

-Adding two Trainers from the start, so we can master our Spells/Attack Types anytime.

Sword Master:
HP/MP; 100
STR: 0
DEF:999
DEX:0
MAG:0
MDEF:0
SPD:0

Magic Master;
Exactly the same as above except 999 MDEF instead of DEF.

They should have very few HP so we can kill them when we finish the train. With 0 DEF even a Sage with 10 STR and 10 DEX would be able to kill it.
That would make it to easy to master spells. And for the Magic Master he would be to easy to kill and easy experience. Actually, both of them would be too easy. If anything they would need more HP. And they would need to give 0 EXP. But then the magic master would be useless :wacky:
- Bring the Triple Triad back (if possible)
Still has bugs with it i believe. When they had i before, if you got into the game you couldn't get out. That was the bug.

- Open Special areas that would give rare equips/spells/pets to ONLY when a trainer acomplished a certain number of objectives. Example; Complete a certain number of Hunts, win 1000 matches, have more than 90% winning percentage, etc. One prize for each acomplishment?
They usually have that so that when you get a certain amount of kills you can get an armour piece or weapon, or even to open up an area.

- Request a unique Pet/Weapon/Spell/Attack Type.
Of course, to win that right, one must win a competion, tournament.
This would be a good idea. However, technically you can have a unique pet as long as you change its stats from someone else ;) Also, you can create your own weapons by customizing them.

- Add Pets not just mainly as Summons, but Bosses we defeat on the game, Famous FF characters with their respective Limit Breaks as Attack Types and Weapons, Magics. Adding only Summons, seems too repetitive. (Sephiroth, Anaconda, Chocobo, Marilith, Gilgamesh etc.)
In the previous RPG they had once you beat Tonberry then you can buy him. If this is what you mean.

-Famous quests from Final Fantasy games such as; Trickster, Ozma, Yiazmat, WEAPON's, Espers, 8 Legendary Dragons, 4 Elemental Fiends, etc.
Good good.

- Open Underworld Coliseum, the dark side of Coliseum where bosses were twice as powerful as the Coliseum ones. All the fights would be against Multi-Bosses. To enter, you must have to Find and Complete a Quest that Hades asks you *cough* Defeat Hercules *cough* and he grants your wish. =D
Ya.

Two Summons
Chicobo
chicobocopy.png

3 points per level but gains spd by 3 instead of 2
If possible enable someone to gain a chocobo after pet is over level 50.
Moogle
ffta-moogle-jugglercopy.png

Standard 5 points
Annoyance knife (FF9 reference.)
Deals 100 points of damage for 5 turns max 300 for 5 turns.

Items
Kupo nut
10hp
1000mp

Koloth knows the full details of Triple Triad, but I know that Lord Golbez (Site Owner) must add the images or something - normal Administrators don't even have this option.

That would make it to easy to master spells. And for the Magic Master he would be to easy to kill and easy experience. Actually, both of them would be too easy. If anything they would need more HP. And they would need to give 0 EXP. But then the magic master would be useless :wacky:
Well the point was to master spells/attack types exp would be 0. Yeah more HP would be much better, as I remember dealing over 400 damage with my Valefor to Alexander once. And Killing some enemies with 700 Def on Unknow Tomb using swords.

This would be a good idea. However, technically you can have a unique pet as long as you change its stats from someone else ;) Also, you can create your own weapons by customizing them.
I know, but by unique I mean changing avatar and maybe spells (for pet only) and Mods for the weapon we would want, as crafting don't add any mods and make the weapons extremely heavy.

In the previous RPG they had once you beat Tonberry then you can buy him. If this is what you mean.
Yes that what I mean, but a large variety of summons not just the usual FF summons; Bahamut, Phoenix, etc..

Well the point was to master spells/attack types exp would be 0. Yeah more HP would be much better, as I remember dealing over 400 damage with my Valefor to Alexander once. And Killing some enemies with 700 Def on Unknow Tomb using swords.
Well again, that would make it very easy for you and i don't think they want it easy :P you can always just fight threw and go back to the beginning and kill low level monsters to get your spells up.

I know, but by unique I mean changing avatar and maybe spells (for pet only) and Mods for the weapon we would want, as crafting don't add any mods and make the weapons extremely heavy.
Well you can change avatar :P and only mods can change those things. It wouldn't be possible for players to.

Yes that what I mean, but a large variety of summons not just the usual FF summons; Bahamut, Phoenix, etc..
Ya that would be good i agree :)

Well, shouldn't the stats for Magic Master be like this?:
HP: 100
MP: 100
STR: 10
DEF: 10
MAG: 10
SPD: 10
EVA: 10
DEX: 10
MAG DEF: 9999

If you want to end the battle, just attack him.

As for Crafting, the components will be lighter and would be stronger than weapons with modifiers. In the first RPG, Crafting was one of the most useful professions to master since the components were actually useful.

Moogle shouldn't be a pet; they are considered a race in Final Fantasy. I'd like a pet Nepto Dragon (from FFIII); it was impossible to beat him.
As for alternative modes of transportation, here are a few.
(To any island location) The Enterprise (seagoing ship from FFIII)
(To an underwater location) The Nautilus (very fast airship/submarine from FFIII)
(To a location surrounded by high mountains) The Invincible (also from FFIII, ship with beds, a Fat Chocobo for item storage, and spell, weapon, and armor shops, and an ability to fly over high mountains)
Each should have a lower encounter rate than Walk.
Here are some summons/pets:
Coeurl (many pics on this page for choosing the best one http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/espmon/coeurl.shtml)
Leviathan (A classic. http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/espmon/leviathan.shtml)
I'll add more in future PM's to Gabby.

Last edited:
Moogles are also considered a summon in well over half of the final fantasy series. So it makes sence to have a pet moogle.

Well, shouldn't the stats for Magic Master be like this?:
HP: 100
MP: 100
STR: 10
DEF: 10
MAG: 10
SPD: 10
EVA: 10
DEX: 10
MAG DEF: 9999

If you want to end the battle, just attack him.

As for Crafting, the components will be lighter and would be stronger than weapons with modifiers. In the first RPG, Crafting was one of the most useful professions to master since the components were actually useful.
Oh yeah, I forgot the cap were 9999, thats perfect then. The Sword Master If applied is the same stats but for Def stats, a very weak spell would easilly kill him.

I'll render a couple of swords from some RPG Games, some are quite nice.
I'll PM you when I'm done.

Moogles are also considered a summon in well over half of the final fantasy series. So it makes sence to have a pet moogle.
Actually, no. Moogles may be a summon, but if you check this link, you'll see that they are sentient creatures and are therefore regarded as a race. In most moogle "summons", a moogle shows up and heals your party or casts a damaging magick. If you take almost all summons (except Chocobo), you will see that they can be regarded as intelligent. In FFIII, they ran a post office, and in FFXII, they could give you hunts, rent out a chocobo to you, sell you technicks, fix your airship, and teleport you around Rabanastre... just to name a few. If moogles do get used in the RPG, they should be used as shop/inn owners or NPC's.
However, they could also be used as foes. In FFXII, there were Bangaa/Seeq enemies such as Pirate, Thief, Adventurer, Pugilist, and Cateracan. There could be several areas from FFXII such as the Cerobi Steppe and the Mosphoran Highwaste, where you can fight Moogle Theives and/or Moogle Pirates, the former giving loads of Gil while the latter drops various pieces of loot or equipment (mostly daggers).

Back