RPG Inferno Suggestions Thread

For those who aren't Mages, that would therefore not be having a spellcaster, aside from having a second team member, it wouldn't probably be very beneficial as far as pet specific spells go, unless all pets are going to have some unique spells regardless of what class they're for. <.<

Ally
What about at the start (or shortly in) Make a boss too difficult to beat in a 1 on 1 and have a mercenary or something to aid you against the boss? (for a price, and alternates for different classes)Making the boss unfightable in a team ;)
The best way to achieve that is to have the ally be restricted to move forward in the story line. Basically making a Trigger that is only usable if you don't have the pet and you get a better pet after you pass the trigger.

That's similar to what I was thinking but once they pass that trigger they could just be rebought

True, but that can be lowered by making the area hidden and only able to go to from the first area. Basically a level restriction making it to where if you are over level 1 you can not pass.

What about future areas though? They can't ALL be turned invisible... Can a trigger be made to stop them being bought?

To My knowledge it is impossible to prevent something from getting bought unless a massive trigger is made. There is one problem with this though if you make a trigger that long it would be easily corrupted. That means that they would have to repair the trigger over and over. It would be best to just make the area accessible only once and then it would be near impossible to get to again. (There is a way past the lock, but under the rules it is powerleveling.)

I think I get what you mean, like locking the area after reaching the trigger to lose the mercenary pet

Yes and if anyone has it past the select point they are hit with powerleveling. It effectively eliminates the ability of cheating on the inferno by using the mercenary.

That is stopped due to the Powerlevel asset of it. Basically if you use the trick to get something that you were denied at the moment; then you have violated the rule and will be reset.

Aye, course. So, back onto those stances I mentioned... I suppose mages could have it as a spell since DEX isn't often a strong point... In regards to all 3 classes... Should they have a cost?

All attack stances should have a minimum of 1 ADR requirement. Max should be 8 which would make it more difficult to become omnipotence.

For spells it is only no cost to use but for attack stances or types it requires an ADR cost to be set. The cost could be 0, but that would make it too easy to use and it would gradually get annoying due to the ability of gaining massive stats with little or nothing.

They are pure defence though, for defend for instance the user cannot attack but is vulnerable to spells.

True but think about this.
The user goes first and dual wields. His bas def is 300.
If he is allowed to hit first he would jump his def to 900.

Yeah but he'd still be weak to spells, plus if you use a defence lowering spell it will have greater effect against a defence stance.

True but members usually rely on one area or the other at the beginning also you could use both and get to where any hit does nothing. With an ADR requirement it would make it to where the stat reducing spells can be used before those can be done.

That could work... Course if these stances were to be released early in counterspells would have to accompany them at some stage.

To adequately counter it would require an ability to drop someones def stat by 900 that would be devastating against the npcs. Basically it would be best to make it a 2 ADR requirement for all of them. This allows the opponent time to remove the stat and maintain their ability to deal damage.

Back