Artist Cafe Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amizon

Too orsm for you.
Veteran
Gil
Don't fret about the rules here, they're very easy to follow. But they are important if you want to stay on the right side of FFF's law.

• NO inappropiate content.
    In other words, use appropiate content. Having Cloud and Tifa hugging and kissing is absolutely fine. Having them sleeping together is out of the question. Bear in mind that there are younger members here and may be disturbed should they stumble across something like that. If you are found to be posting something with immature content, then your post will be deleted immediately and you will be warned, along with an infraction.

• There is to be NO spam.
    Spam is not tolerated elsewhere, so it shall not be here either. Going off topic from a thread is spam i.e. not talking about the actual picture itself. If you see this, please send me a PM and I will deal with this myself.

• NO plagiarism!
    Again, stealing is out of the question. Why? You'll get flamed by many members that adore the member's work you stole from and then you'll get your thread closed as well as an infraction. Don't do it.

• Please actually CRITIQUE art.
    This isn't really considered a rule, but is more of a suggestion. Too many people say, 'good job!' and 'keep it going!'. It's not really helping the artist now, is it? Give some constructive criticism; show them where their mistakes are, say how you felt about a particular colour on Cloud's clothes ... say anything other than a one liner! If the writer doesn't want criticism, then don't critique.

• Do not ADVERTISE your images.
    You can do this in your signature, there's nothing wrong with that. But don't go and tell everyone in many different threads; that can still be considered as spam. Posts such as, 'I adore your pictures! Can you look at mine?' will be deleted immediately and you will be warned.

• FLAMING is forbidden.
    Comments such as 'This sucks!' and 'What a waste of time!' are not to be posted. If you can't stop yourself from flaming, then don't post. I'm sure everyone is familiar with the saying, "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all." A happy world is one where people don't flame. Basically, don't do it. If you do get caught flaming, you'll be given an infraction.

• Do NOT double post.
    For example, if you have three pictures to show, then post them all in one post. Not in three separate posts. It makes the forum a whole lot cleaner and allows us to do our jobs properly. Also, if you have many pictures than just a few, then post them as links (this'll basically take up a lot of your server).

• Original art IS encouraged!
    We encourage all artists to present more than fan art. Your own drawings and art are much appreciated, as they are something new to glance upon. As well as this, you are allowed to make your own threads in which you ask members to request pictures for you to draw.

Where does my thread go?

Confused to where your thread belongs? Don't worry, this should explain everything.

Artist Cafe: General threads such as question threads, critique threads, drawing guide threads and anything else that involves the general concept of art.

Fan Art: All types of fan art that involves your favourite book, video game, movie, TV show and so on. The ideas may still be your own, but the characters and other aspects are those that have already been created by someone else.

Original Creations: They must have no relation to anything previously created (this is going against copyright laws). These kind of threads are the ones that you make up! This can be original drawings, etc.

Thread in the wrong place?

If you accidentally place your thread in the wrong place or need it to be switched to the correct section, then please send me a PM and I'll get straight to it.

Regards,
Faith Crest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back