Square Enix The Last Remnant

Haha, I hear ya. But for some reason, there was something about this game that was really fun for me. I don't think I've ever gotten so frustrated with any games I've played other this particular one, and for that I was actually determined to play through it carefully from the beginning until the end. Well, almost the end. I can't manage to turn on my XBox 360 anymore. Are you still playing this game? :D

I think SE is still having that April sale, and Last Remnant (PC Download) is going for $3.75 (normal price $15). That's a sweet deal. I'm tempted. :hmmm:

I remember that battle you're talking about (though nothing in detail), and that was a pain. Gosh, I wish can tell you more about this, but my memory's failing me. Did you ever battle Castanea and Roeas? http://www.finalfantasyforums.net/t...efeating-Castanea-and-Roeas-First-time-around

But yeah, the secret recipe for defeating these bosses: a low Battle Rank. I spent a lot of time trying to dodge enemies when entering caves and only fighting the ones that I know would drop items I needed. This is the only game in which every battle that I completed, I dreaded leveling up.

Yes right now im still currently on The Last Remnant, storywise Im where te party decides to head to Undelwalt. I am going for as many achievments as I can, I have every quest done so far since I have them all written don in the order they appear and expire. right now Im about to take on the Fallen since it dissapears if you enter Undelwalt, but after that besides paying money to the witchgirl theirs only 4 quest left at that point so Im pretty excited.

I spent hours stat grinding in the DLC ancient ruins, once I beat Holy Servant and got to the Ancbolders on the next floor It was nothing but level up after that. Im pretty sure Im gonna dominate the fallen now, since before battles where hard my BR was around 72 and I was doing damage even with criticals regulary at 11,000 - 22,000 but now that I trained fights are actually much easier and Im BR100. Damage done now is regularly 29,000 - 52,000 and Im not sure if you ever gained Weapon Artes for any characters but I got Glenys SwordFlash and Nora's DoubleDown and they both hit up too 100,000+ damage. Not to Mention Ex Machina for David and Emmy's Hundred Flowers does close to 70,000. I dont think the fallen nor the True Conqueror is ready for me at all.

Agh yes The Lob Omen and Jager battle is right after your able to save from the Gates of Hell boss fight. I always fought with 1 union full of leaders up unto that point, switched to 4 unions and the fight was pretty easy. I remember the Castanea and that girl your talking about, I fought them in the story and again for a quest, the quest battle was hard since they had a instant kill skill along with overdrive. Honestly I dont know if you remember the six base battles where you face the enlightened Seven on disc 2, but Hinnah & Hannah,base 5 & 6 was not a walk in a park, those where the hardest battles in the game so far for me, that was before I stat grinded. Did you ever beat the Fallen or go for the True conqeror, Im sureyou must have stat grinded as well cause as much HP as these guys have I dont think doing 11k - 22k would have did me justice without the grinding.

Im always concerned about my HP in all my games, I guess I care about life force/Hit Points/Health more than anything but I was mad that we where capped on here but I think I have pretty good unions

Rush's Troop (Vanguard Formation) HP 5082 AP +37/278
1) Rush (Legendary Gladiator)
2) Glenys (Legendary Gladiator)
3) Sutherby
4) Reaves

David's Division (Arrow Of Athlum) HP 5245 AP +45/370
1) David (Legendary Gladiator)
2) Emmy (Legendary Gladiator)
3) Zemekis
4) Drake

Nora's Fellows (Vanguard Formation) HP 4590 AP +47/332
1) Nora (Legendary Gladiator)
2) Lars
3) Parker
4) Selleck
5) Lambert

Sheryl's Crowd (Vampire Formation)HP 4094 AP +61/426
1) Sheryl (Legendary Marksman)
2) Straker
3) Kimberly
4) Thoreaus
5) Peyton

I always get asked what my unions are since Ive finished stat grinding so thats it. Their not maxed on their stats either since i have the chart that tells me what they are, but If I continued my BR would be past 100 thats why I stopped. but I think gaining those weapon artes
for Gleny's and Nora really helped me on a few quest. I still rely on Nora the most since she does the most damage next to Emmy,Glenys,David & Rush. Im just ready to be done with this game allready, hopefully my first attept vs the fallen goes well, then finish paying money to the witch girl and do the final 4 quest of the game, then finish the game, Im so close >_<

About the LOW BR run, I tried that not the first time, but after I looked up that I missed a few quest in disc 1 and started over, I attempted the low BR. but running away from fights has never been style but I did it anyway and managed to keep my BR under 10 until Numora Mines when its just Emma & Rush. I couldnt do it so I gave up and trained. even when I was done I still dodged the monsters onced I continued the story, but after hitting disc 2 I stopped and fought everything + linking like I wanted too, couldnt stand having characters that new barely 20% of the stuff they knew in my other playthrough. I dont see how anyone can keep a low BR on the 360 version since PC lets you use all 18 unique leaders in your party not to mention they get Hinnah & Hannah who I really want to recruit badly.

Back