[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davey Gaga

Under you like a G.U.Y.
Veteran
Gil
Since the previous thread was becoming particularly full of spam and no one seemed to be taking heed of any mod edits or warnings, we have decided to create a new thread and start again; cracking down on spam therein.

In this thread, please state the title and artist of the song to which you are currently listening. It is not necessary to include a rating but it will be necessary to include an explanation of why you enjoy listening to that/those particular song(s).

As this request has been made in the first post, it is expected that all members will read this request. As such, short and relatively non-contributory posts will be deleted on sight, followed by a warning via Personal Messages.

We realise that not all members reduce such threads to spam and, so, we would like to thank those members for their constant positive contribution to the site.
----------------------------------

As for myself, I'm currently listening to as many songs as I can find by the string quartet, 'Bond'. I inadvertantly discovered them last night, whilst searching for the electric string quartet, eScala, and was pleasantly surprised by "Explosive" - a rather energetic piece. I've been listening to all of their songs and this, so far, has been my favourite - I can't believe that I'd never heard of them, before!

(Can someone tell me how to correctly place a video in my posts? xD)

Last edited:
The Knife - Silent Shout
8/10

This is icy, composed, poised dance/electronica, with some very dark subject matter in the lyrics. But it gradually worms its way into your head, and the album is a real grower. Cool as you can get (in the sense of temperature), it's a shame the duo have taken a hiatus to work on solo projects for the time being.

Listening to ' the riverboat song ' by ' ocean colour scene '

Cant beat a bit ocs, this is probadly my favourite song of theirs. Heard it a few weeks back in the pub, was the first time in ages id heard it so i dug out my album and loaded it onto my i pod. I love the guitar riff at the start of the song, so catchy, and the solo is awsome.
9 oot a 10 good tune eh

You mean like this? Just copy the embed and past within the youtube tags. :P

I'm currently listening/viewing that video above. Its quite comic as the lyrics fit very well and it can pull a laugh when you least expect.

I also like the song, again because of the lyrics and the various voices, the sound isn't that bad either. :monster:

"I'll be a dentist - Little shop of horrors" 9/10

Last edited:
Six Years - Gallows
9/10
The way it starts with the drums and guitar, is a great way to open the song. It ends really well too, with it going quite quiet and then back loud again and slowing it down.

Micro Cuts - Muse
One of the most under-rated songs on Origin of Symmetry. Bellamy's falcetto voice in it is brilliant, as is the guitar riff about 3 minutes in.

Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler

10/10

I looooove this song. She has so much passion. And it's really really catchy. One of the few songs on my iTunes I could happily listen to over and over again xD

Total Eclipse Of The Heart - Bonnie Tyler

10/10

I looooove this song. She has so much passion. And it's really really catchy. One of the few songs on my iTunes I could happily listen to over and over again xD
That's a wonderful song!

As for myself, I'm listening to Walking On Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves. In the very start of winter listening to a summer song and eating ice-cream is a very strange feeling :funnyface:

9/10

Hot N' Cold - Katy Perry

This song is so catchy and fun to sing along to. I can't get enought of it! xD The music video for it is great as well, I love the whole wedding theme. Strangely enough, this song describes one of my ex boyfriends to the t...

10/10

dizzy - jimmy eat world

One of my favourite songs ever, ive got a bit of a sore head and this song relaxes me, so its the perfect song at the moment. Even on repeat i never seem to get bored of it.

Flo-Rida ft Akon - Guarantee
10/10

It's one of the most addicting songs I've ever listened to, I started breaking out randomly singing in college... When I'm in the club imma need a few other things that the bar cant bring.
It is actually addicting though, and tbh, Akon is actually a great singer imho. :wacky:
Flo-Rida's songs are generally addicting, great vocals and beat.

Rihanna - Rehab
9/10

It's become quite an addictive song lately and reminded me of a lot of things that have been happening in my life. Also, it's good to listen to when I need inspiration to write my works!

Purple Rain - Ruth Lorenzo

10/10

I loved loved loved loved Ruth! It's an absolute travesty that she got kicked out of X-Factor D=

Luckily though, I read that she'll be releasing Purple Rain as a single in the summer! Can't wait! Until then, I'll just listen to the X-Factor rip =]

im listernin to superhuman- chris brown its a mint song relli good romance lol, i love chris brown best atrist ever

Boy Hits Car - Escape The World.

This is one of my favorite bands I like to listen to on occasionally and their music has some awesome lyrics that can relate to me in different ways including this song.

Rhiannon - Superfly

9/10

I love this song, and although nothing beats the original, Superfly have a pretty awesome cover. I've been drawn to it all day. Fantastic. It's only a 9/10 though, because the other artists can try and cover it, but the song will always belong to Stevie Nicks, her version is superior to all others.

Astist: The Black Mages
Song: The Extreme
7/10

Another title of The Black Mages, has a very slow intro, but the music itself its pretty good onwards, when the rock takes part into the song. A great song but altought they have much better titles. I usually then to switch between the various songs I have on my Ipod and I haven't noticed this one. ;D

Evanescence - Haunted.

10/10

This song would be good for a Halloween theme with it's haunting lyrics and background music with it. I think I had already posted this song before but that's because I love the band and the song itself.

I've been listening to Pandora Radio....which consists of mostly punk rock like Paramore, FlyLeaf, Breaking Benjamin and etc.

Pandora is amazing!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back