[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Than A Feeling - Boston
This ranks highly on my "favourite songs" list - it's simply fantastic. The chorus is incredibly catchy and the music itself keeps a good high energy throughout.

You're My Heart, You're My Soul - Moder Talking

It's an ancient song. It was recorded somewhere in the mid 80s. But I love this song. It's annoying like other Pop songs. Great job!

Superhuman- Chris Brown ft. Keri Hilson

It's my first time listening to this song actually, but I really like it. Chris Brown has always been a favorite of mine, and he doesn't dissapoint with this song. I don't know who Keri Hilson is, but she has a great voice. The music video is really cute as well, although I think the song would've been even better if Rihanna had done it with Chris. It's about time those two loverbirds collarborate <3

Open Your Eyes - Alter Bridge

I love this track. It's probably their most laid back and catchy they got with an excellent guitar solo as well as Myles Kennedy demonstrating how good of a vocalist he is. Not my favourite by Alter Bridge but I would probably say they play this one the best live.

Energy- Kerri Hilson

Now that I know who Keri Hilson is, I'm starting to listen to more of her music. I just watched the music video for this song on youtube and I really like it. The lyrics are catchy and the vocals are great. I think it's one of my new favorites!

Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It) - Beyoncé

Loooove it. I can certainly see why it got to number one in America! It's so bouncy and fun ^^

Paramore - Decode
I'm not a crazy Paramore fan. But I must say their songs are quite catchy. This song in particular has been stuck in my head for a few weeks now.

Exo-Politics - Muse
One of the better songs from BH&R. The drumming is what really stands out, it opens the song with a lot of energy. Bellamy's voice is superb as always.

Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls on Youtube.
It's a very sad combination Iris + Euphemia x Suzaku(video),but indeed beautiful.

Summergirl - The Mayfield Four

Such a beautiful and sad song. Every time I hear this song I feel like crying. It has a very low tempo then topped off at the end when it gets epic and Myles Kennedy one again demonstrates his vocals by holding one note without breathing for about 20 seconds.

When Love Is New- Dolly Parton.

I really am not fond of Country, but Dolly Parton is just so amazing. I love this song, because it's so true. It usually makes me cry on those emotional nights.

Aerials - System of a Down
The lyrics aren't anything to write home about, the rest I think is very good. Very catchy riff with some great bass playing. When they harmonise the vocals they sound great.

Hallelujah - Alexandra Burke
Song is general is great as are the lyrics, my only fault with this particular version is that it's done by someone from the Xfactor. Sorry, although she's an alright and her version isn't that bad, there are much better versions of the song and makes Burke sound like a karaoke singer =/

Evanescence - Missing.
I seriously love this song and for some reason I can relate to the lyrics in one way or another. There isn't much else to say about this song except it's one of my all time favorites.

She & Him - Volume One

Zooey Deschanel seems to be hitting the buffers with her film choices lately (The Happening, oh dear...), but she might have found a great alternative career here in collaboration with singer M Ward. Gorgeously simple songs done effectively. One of the most directly affecting albums of the year.

When You're Gone - Avril Lavigne

I think that Avril did a great job on writing and singing this song. It's emtional and very nice.

Hallelujah - Alexandra Burke
Song is general is great as are the lyrics, my only fault with this particular version is that it's done by someone from the Xfactor. Sorry, although she's an alright and her version isn't that bad, there are much better versions of the song and makes Burke sound like a karaoke singer =/

Completely agree with this. While Alexandra Burke is a good vocalist, but her version just sounds like a pop song while Jeff Buckley's version really captures the emotions. His voice is amazing and relaxing. Sad but at the same time up lifting. The only good thing about Alexandra Burke's version is that people are noticing Jeff Buckley and even further back, Leonard Cohen.

Back on topic.

No Surprise - Theory of a Deadman

Love this song. Very catchy as well as the lyrics being decent too. Probably one of my favourite songs from Theory of a Deadman.

Britney Spears - Womanizer.
I like this song for some odd reason, despite the fact that I can't stand Britney at all. I guess it has to do with the beat of the song and lyrics put together. Meh, whatever.

The Path To Decay - Sirenia

Out of their new album, The 13th Door, which was leaked earlier this month. I've never been a HUGE fan of Sirenia - they've always been mediocre next to the likes of Tristania and Within Temptation - but this new album has really pulled them out of the pit and they're now one of my favourite bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back