[V4] What Are You Currently Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turn Off The Light - Nelly Furtado

I'd forgotten how much I liked this song. I downloaded it yesterday while I was looking for something else, and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a great little song ^^

I'm currently listening to any and all Linkin Park songs. And a new band that I just started listening to, damageplan. They have, well had, a great guitar player, Dimebag Darrel. He's gone now, only to be partying with Satan. haha, jk people.

Radio Friendly Unit Shifter - Nirvana
I love this song purely for the irony of the title. But there's more to it than a clever title, the feedback and distorted noise gives way to really quite a heavy riff, with heavy and loud gutteral vocals.

The Great Destroyer - Low

Usually a band who are very slow and sparing with their music, Low went for a change in sound to some extent on this album, loosening up a little, almost rocking out in places. The stately feel is still there on a lot of songs though (such as Pissing and When I Go Deaf). Some people didn't like the changes, but I think it's a fantastic abum, and confirms them as probably my favourite American band of the last decade or so. The harmonies of the two main singers are as good as ever.

Seal - Kiss From a Rose.
I am listening to my music player right now and this is the song that randomly came up. I had always personally enjoyed this song and will continue to enjoy it.

Pump It - Black Eyed Peas

It's a fun and a very catchy song. My second favourite song of this band. I love the spanish instruments used in the backround.
9/10

The Answer - Always

I've only recently just found out about this band. A hard rock/blues rock band from Northern Ireland who have released 1 album at the moment. I found out about this band when I was searching for Black Stone Cherry on Wikipedia and Wiki said "The Answer are
no longer to be supporting Black Stone Cherry as they are now touring with AC/DC in the USA". My first impressions were that they must be doing something right if they are touring with AC/DC so I looked them up and apparently Joe Elliot of Def Leppard and Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin are fans of the band so I decided to give them a listen and I am absolutely in love with the song as mentioned above. I just love it when you find not very well known good bands. :D

Cliffs of Dover- Eric Johnson
Man, i love this instrumental! -no vocals- it totally sounds... happy... if youve ever listened to this song, you understand what i mean... it sounds like his guitar is happy lmao

Mairi Campbell & Dave Francis - Auld Lang Syne.
I love this song for some odd reason. I heard it off the Sex and the City Movie soundtrack. It has a nice, calming sound to it and the lyrics are soothing to listen to.

Impossible - Christina Aguilera

I don't particularly like this song. It's not catchy and it doesn't have theme. For some reason it reminds me of Briget Jones.

The offspring - want you bad

Listening to kerrang music channel. Not a big offspring fan but i really like this song. A good punk rock tune, its catchy and has a good chorus.

Submission - Sex Pistols
Epic song that was supposed to be about bondage, but became a song about a submarine mission. It's a little sad as it shows the talent that they had, and what they could have been had Glen Matlock not left. It's kind of camp punk.

Dancing Mad by The Black Mages
I can't stop!! :wacky:
I only heard of The Black Mages recently but wow what a song. Especially when the guitar solo kicks in! My family is gonna kill me soon for listening to it on repeat constantly. Oh well it's worth it. Although it is a 12 minute song. :wacky:

Finger Eleven - Paralyzer.
I saw them perform this song live in concert. It has a really great beat that I can't stop enjoying and the lyrics go will with it too. I truely love this song.

cant catch tommorrow - lostprophets

Best song off of liberation transmission and i think my favourite song ever by them.
I love the lyrics to this song, the tempo is perfect. A must listen

Beyoncé - If I Were A Boy (I'm turning into Mark!)

Been hearing it quite a lot over the past few days and it was annoying me greatly. It's one of those songs where you can practically hear women everywhere going "it's like EVERY one of my relationships!" and such nonsense; as though to downplay men everywhere. So, it was annoying me.

That is until she performed it live on the X-Factor last night and made it more of a rock song than an R'n'B song and, I have to say, it was well received in my household. It was an outstanding performance and I've been listening to that video frequently.

The Girl in the Dirty Shirt - Oasis
One of the better songs on Be Here Now. It's a lot like other Oasis songs, really. So catchy guitar and good lyrics.

Hammerhead - The Offspring

Well known from the Madden 09 commercials & game, it's a fucking awesome song. It's under my playlist to pump me up right along with Otherworld and Highway Star. This song always makes me want to fight. :D

Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins - Georgia On My Mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_RG9W-NVdk
Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins are the BEST duo ever, I know most of you are probably rockers, or something else, and I love Rock and Roll, but Jerry Reed is THE BEST And when combined with Chet Atkins, you can't get any better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back