Intensive leveling needed? No

fatsausage

Gil
I've beat this game so many times (5 times on SNES, 1 on GBA Advance), including Omega, Omega MKII Shinryu, Neo Shinryu, Enyo

I never stuck because of low level

just make sure you explore the WHOLE maze, or dungeon. This make you strong enough to kill everything at any particular moment

and yup, I've been leveling for once..... to master ALL JOBS on ALL Characters

but it just my will, it's totally unnecessary

I didn't find this game as hard as some of the older games (I played the PS versions), eg FF4 and FF6. FF4 especially had me stuck relatively early on.
I think I was stuck for a little while (shamefully) on Siren in FFV (in the ship graveyard), but that was due to me running away from every fight... But after a small while of levelling, I didn't run from any more battles and I steamrolled through the game.

But I did need to level up on occasion, just not as much as in other games.

I never attempted Omega etc though.

I actually don't think intense leveling is needed either, however, on my playthorugh of it I did just that because I didn't want to waltz into a boss battle and get skull-f'd by whoever I was facing.

However, power leveling isn't just for gaining levels, it's also a way for me to learn my new abilities for my characters so I can have a full arsenal during game time.

Busta, weren't you stuck on a boss for 5 months?

But yea, I do agree. There were some exceptions (desert palace) but for the most part I really never felt the pressure to level. Although maybe I should've leveled more since I never made it to the top of Phoenix tower.

On FF5, 9, and 10 you really could beat the game at a low level area you just need to know how.
I have beaten 5 and 9 around level 37 and 10 I almost die every time but I don't die.

Yes you can, but you two (Argor and Dark Jecht) didn't beat Shinryu and Omega, not to mention Neo Shinryu, Omega MK-II and Enuo, those yes are the toughest bosses on any Final Fantasy, you will need more than a overpowered party, best Equipment and good strategies.

Your lvl isn't a big must, if you have the correct equipment and take a lot of time to master the job classes you can clean the whole game easilly. However good luck against the Onslaught of Omega and Shinryu. :monster:

Am I the only person that found this game frustratingly hard? I think I had trouble on every boss, and I had to train aswel, I was having such a mare in Fork Tower D:

Eugh...I really hate thsi game, and I wasnt impressed when I accidentally walked into Omega either -__-

Stupid deceptive little robot wandering around.....arse. I HAD to level up in this game....it was hard D:

Am I the only person that found this game frustratingly hard? I think I had trouble on every boss, and I had to train aswel, I was having such a mare in Fork Tower D:

Eugh...I really hate thsi game, and I wasnt impressed when I accidentally walked into Omega either -__-

Stupid deceptive little robot wandering around.....arse. I HAD to level up in this game....it was hard D:
Not exactly, Bambi. this Final Fantasy IS the most hardest of all, you need to spend countless hours leveling up and mastering every job, and Yes Omega is way tough and if you attack him, he will unleash every attack on you. :wacky: Shinryu is more powerful as he can 1-hit K.O you, but doesn't counter-attack.

AND, if you think they are tough, play the Advance version, were you need to beat 10 Omegas, and face: Enuo, Omega MK-II and Neo Shinryu. They make Omega look like a little monster.

Last edited:
Yes you can, but you two (Argor and Dark Jecht) didn't beat Shinryu and Omega, not to mention Neo Shinryu, Omega MK-II and Enuo, those yes are the toughest bosses on any Final Fantasy, you will need more than a overpowered party, best Equipment and good strategies.

Your lvl isn't a big must, if you have the correct equipment and take a lot of time to master the job classes you can clean the whole game easilly. However good luck against the Onslaught of Omega and Shinryu. :monster:
On 10 I haven't been leveling up like crazy, but I already deal over 10000 every hit
with Tidus.
I doubt they would be much proplem given that tidus's overdrive deals a hefty 10 hits.
10X10000=100000 that is a kill on Omega.

Keep on topic please, this is a discussion on FFV not X, thank you

I didn't do any extensive leveling either and still managed to master a respectable amount of Jobs for each character (overall they were all mastered through the whole party, just not all of them for any individual character)...If you can manage that much, with Mime & Bare, the game's kind of a breeze. I thought it was one of the easier FFs, really...

I didn't find the game frustratingly hard, but I did find it difficult and I did have to level up beyond the storyline. I spent a lot of time going around in circles in the ship to get the large-ish AP that you can get. I only ended up with two or three mastered jobs per character at the end of the game. So based on what people have said, I'd say it probably depends on which jobs you level up and how effectively you do it, but I don't think that's a very easy thing to manage.

I always make sure I do plenty of grinding early on in the game so that I can laugh at enemies as I breeze through the battles. Plus I like mastering all the classes - obviously a very lengthy process early on in the game. :cassy:

Thats right if you just explore evry area in the dungeons believe the monster encounters are like a freekin whole lot and you are supposed to be strong enough to kill any boss.

Thread says, Intensive leveling... I mean can you be more specific? Can you like define Intensive leveling.
  • Just to finish the game?
  • To obtain level 99?
  • To beat the new FFVA bosses?
To just finish the game you can get away with being low levels Neo Exdeath isn't really that hard.

To obtain lv99? Wow thats a mission.

To beat the new FFVA bosses? you cannot get away with being low levels, you need to be decent level, decent items, and a decent strategy. Don't get me wrong decent doesn't mean level 99. If you are anywhere around level 50 you should be able to do it.

Things to note:
  • There are many good places to level.
  • There are many good places to grind money.
  • There are few places to grind high ABP
when you say leveling do you mean leveling your character's level or the job's level? By that i mean EXP or ABP?

Last edited:
Back