Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

i want a pc remake of the game, without having to get emulators and the like. graphics could be better, but this is ff1 we're talking about. i doubt voice acting will be introduced, as it is text box originally and always should be. (who likes corny voices anyway?)

they should make a prequel to final fantasy I

Mod Edit: Try and put a little bit more effort into this post please, perhaps with reasons why and what you want to see in a prequel. =]

I believe that this game wouldn't make a very good movie because of the lack of character backgrounds. I do think tho perhaps that it would make a good remake for a video game on a new age console. Could you imagine playing it like you played final fantasy 13? Then again, this is my favorite Final Fantasy game. Its a classic. Ive beat it atleast 10 times. I think that if they did make an amped up FF1 they would have to do alot of storylines, more story than in the already story filled FF games made these past 4 years. All in all, its a great game just the way it is. The final fantasy anthology that came out for ps1 included FF1 and they redid portions of it. Beastiary, Pictures, %'s on how many treasure chest you have opened and they even added a difficulty setting. Cant wait for a movie or a new amped game.

There was hardly a story for this game. I have no idea how they would be able to expand on I's story so I dont see a reason to have a sequel or spinoff.
fbj4fb.jpg.png

No because didn't like the original... and what story could they do ?

It would be ending up being too close to the other FF games that use collecting crystals as part of the storyline, like FFIV, FF III and FF V.

So no. Plus SE isn't too good with sequels, expect the After Years which nobody has played.
-__-

There isn't much of a story to expand upon to be honest. Sure, they could remake it with an updated battle system, improved graphics, and things like that, but what would be the point? That would change the game's core and they might as well make a new FF since they would also have to updste the story to make it more appealing to players of this era, and after they did that, there wouldn't be much of the origional game left. Not only that, but there would be better, more popular FFs to remake (like VI:wacky: )

I'd like to see either a wii, xbox, or ps3 remake.
Some things that would make an interesting remake would be either a crisis core or atb style combat.
Also, rather then the other remakes, id like to see 3d graphics. Similar to ff13, hopefully.
Also, for a change in ending, itd be cool if after beating Chaos, Chronodia started to make time collapse in on itself because you beat Garlands time loop. After doing a small dungeon, i think the final boss should be chronodia in 3 forms...

1st: Her final form in the 20th aniversary, with the fiends all around her.

2nd: A three headed nobody (kingdom hearts) type monster with four arms, two smaller ones holding swords designed with an omega and ultima weapon style.

Final: A copy of the last, only with one nobody type head. Then with multiple tiamat heads, kraken tenacles, marilith arms weilding swords, a skull helm, and a torn shadowy cloak.

After beating her, it would cause a time implosion (cause Chronodia controls time) and the warriors must become one to take her place in the time rift, only now as the Hero of Light.

The game is great. Its been remade and ported constantly along with final fantasy II. however, i would not like a 3D version or a movie. The idea has crossed my mind however the issue is, it's not very character-driven. It would be a great idea unless they change everything or expand everything. I can understand if the game is constantly ported, but it doesn't need to be remade.

I wish they made 10 sequels to every final fantasy i am such a fanboy, I love all of square enix's work. a bad final fantasy is still better than most games out there, but that is just my opinion. I am glad to here that they are making sequels to 15, so i think they understand that they have the midas touch. To be more specific though about sequels to 1, they should pick up where the story left off and this time you can pick between like 20 different jobs and a new villain, or maybe chaos returned from an alternate universe or something. square enix can do no wrong in my opinion

I would love to see a spinoff! Or a prequel. Or basically anything related to it with a more modern approach. So where I can see character development (so it would require given, fix four Heroes of Light), a little more complex story (with NPCs giving me hints where to go next! x,D). I really would like to know more about Garland and the Four Fiends, too!

Last edited:
I don't want a that much a remake, but rather a new title that would have some of the same world/plot elements but with an original story and setting. Mosly I'd love to see the four fiends return, but in a much more dangerous way. Like if Kraken was a kaiju sized monstrossity that sank cities in the actual gameworld and if the effects of the plague and pestilence Lich spreads would be show in a more explicit manner, with disease and all sorts of undead monsters. Make them truly represent the chaos and horror that they should. That is definitely somethin I'd want to see done with modern capabilities.

There is a rumor that this game and 2 is gonna get remade on Steam in 3D in same way as 3 and 4 was as a anniversary of the game or something.

Oh, really? I would really love them to have remake versions, maybe more people would be interested in them then! I mean I know some people don't try games with non-modern-superb animation/graphics at all... so yeah, it would be cool to have more people playing the first two games, too. :D

Depends on how they do it. I really like the original of the actual game. I know I might be in the minority of this but honestly, the game is a classic. I think some updated graphics and spirits would be nice maybe add some story, but in general, don't mess with the classic of the game.

Making a movie/mini series/best yet an anime series would be GREAT! Saying theres little story is the POINT...plenty to build off of.

Back