Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Would you like to see a sequel to this game, or maybe a movie....or a prequel? Maybe you'd like to see it remade on any platform of your choice

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether?

Please remember no flaming, and people are allowed their own opinions, even if it seems like a stupid idea to you ^_^

No. In order to make a remake work they would literally have to remake the entire game. I have not played the PSP or GBA versions, so maybe I will change my mind, but for now, the only sequel that I want would take the form of an apology for the colossal waste of my time that was FFII

D4D

Yes I kinda like Final Fantasy II. I thought some parts of the game were cool but I think they should remake this on wii or ps3.I have the psp version and I find it was kind of a waste of a remake. Hopefully if they ever make one it will be good.

Don't know it would be nice for some sort of remake with more added character detail and more character personality. They could maybe also add more to the storyline and fix up on the mistakes that the original add. FF II on the PSP and GBA just had the same mistakes, but they fixed up the character lines and gave the graphics a clearer touch.

Think that FF II needs more fixing done, to be liked more and gain more of a fanbase..

I generally liked the game so I wouldn't mind a remake with voice acting, just to take it to a level where it's more emotional. As for graphics, the remake for the PSP, the graphics were great though I wouldn't mind 3D ones as in FFIV. So I'd go for a remake though I wouldn't be bothered if there wasn't one.

I enjoyed the PSP version, but I wouldn't mind seeing a remake with voice acting and 3d graphics just to bring it to the same level as the rest of the series. But I could care less if they decide to make a spinoff or sequel as it would just be some bullshit that SE pulls out of its ass.

I'm gonna be honest and say I wasn't very fond of this game. But that's just me.

Anyway, as I've said in similar games, I don't want SE making remakes/spin-offs of older games until they can prove to me that they can still make good newer games. IMO the FF franchise is kinda lacking in quality these days, to the point where I'm not even sure if I'm gonna bother buying XIII unless it get's really good reviews. Once they can fix that problem, then I'd start trusting them with remakes and spin-offs of the classic games.

Square needs to stop remaking this game. It's not that good. Not the worst game ever, but *masochism* in every sense of the word. Sequels? No. FF's should never have sequels. FFX-2 is the biggest mistake in gaming history. Remakes? I've already spent a good 70+ hours of my life on this game, I got through it once by some miracle, and I'll probably never play it again (ok, maybe I'll play a newer version in the future).

Somebody once said, "I cannot reccomend a game that encourages players to beat themselves over the head with a club." I couldn't agree more.

Final Fantasy II was a one-hit wonder

Final Fantasy II was a decent game, I thought. It was just a shame I couldn't say the same for it's tedious Souls of Rebirth mini-quest. I quite enjoyed the story of the Rebels fighting the Empire and I was somewhat disheartened by the character deaths that occured throughout the game ("Minwu, no!"). I was also surprised to learn the Black Knight's real identity. However, I feel the game was a one-hit wonder and it wouldn't make sense to remake it - unless they created a plot where the Emperor comes back to life, but that would just suck. On the other hand, there are hints in the GBA version that Kain from FFIV was the little boy in Deist, so maybe FFIV is a sort of spiritual sequel in some ways.

like with all the more outdated games updating the graphics into 3D and adding FMV and voice acting would make it more exciting and adding more depth and fixing some issues.

In my opinion this game had quit enough remakes, they need to remake some games that actaully need remakes ( V, VI, VII)

In my opinion this game had quit enough remakes, they need to remake some games that actaully need remakes ( V, VI, VII)

Agreed. II was released for the PS1, GBA and PSP already- no one will bother touching it ever again. II wasn't even that memorable or popular. The levelling system was just awkward (hitting your own party member just for their HP cap to increase) and it's basically an ancient game. No one will touch I or II with a barge pole ever again.

If Square Enix are to milk their franchises, at least milk from the right games, like a VI for DS or even an updated VII with superior graphics and some updates. So far neither are in development as far as we know despite how fans are demanding it.

XII: Revenant Wings, (though a good game) no one demanded in terms of sequels.
I and II for the PSP was just a way to milk the cow for an anniversary.
IV: After Years was to coincide with the revival of Final Fantasy IV on DS.

So, Square, no thank for for anymore rereleases of any Final Fantasies below V.

Last edited:
I would go for a remake with voice acting and modern graphics. Sequel, no. The emporer is dead. where can they really go with this. If they did make a spinoff or sequel it would end up like X-2. My reasoning for this is the fact that there is a world that has lived one way for their entire lives and then the ruling faction is destroyed. Different partys would get formed start arguing with each other. Sound familiar?

The only remake i've played of Final Fantasy II is on the PS1, on the Origins compilation, which is very cool by the way, i'm currently playing it again :)

But i've seen the PSP remake on the Final Fantasy Anniversary compilation, and it looks really good, it has such crisp visuals/graphics, but still maintains that retro look, if that came out the Playstation Network or something, i'd buy it straight away.

Having just completed this game I would say this game out of all the final fantasy has got the most potential for a remake. I say that over games like 7 because 7 was not held back by the hardware of its time. FF2 was, they had to scale back even the script to make it hold on the NES cart so the games not as epic as It could have been. It needs tobe a full remake and not just another lazy graphical update. What i would like to see is updated graphics(3D of course) with a almost painted look like the promo art work and for them to go in depth with the story. FF2 story was like a contents page of a great book. Oh and to drop the turn base battle's there shit!

I have the PS1 version of this game, and I could get the PSP version of it if I wanted to, but I think one's enough for me. Even if they were to remake it once more including better CG cutscenes and voice actors, I would end up just watching other people play it, since I've played the game itself through the end already.

Back