Would you like to see another remake/spinoff to this game?

Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Would you like to see a sequel to this game, or maybe a movie....or a prequel? Maybe you'd like to see it remade on any platform of your choice

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether?

Please remember no flaming, and people are allowed their own opinions, even if it seems like a stupid idea to you ^_^

I wouldn't mind if they made a movie of Final Fantasy IV. To me, that would be enjoyable but to remake the game, I would have to say no at the moment. The reason I would say that is because they made 7 different remakes of this game with SNES, Easytype, PS1, WonderSwan Color, GBA, DS and the sequel of the moblie game Final Fantasy IV the After: Return of the Moon. If the did remake the game, I think it would look good for the PS3 with more updated graphics on the characters and such.

A movie'd be really neat^^

SOme Final Fantasy Literature would be nice too, Square Enix hasn't done anything in the literary stuff ._.

A prequel, in which you could play Kluya, or Rydia's mom, Tellah as a younger character (LOL) or any of the other older or dead characters which only were mentioned in the game.

As a sequel, Square ENix has it's Mobile Game (GAAAAH, I don't have it ;_;(not even a mobile phone...))

Everything is good, just more ff4 ^_______^

there is a sequel final
fantasy iv the after. Japan though.

Please remember the thread is asking if you would like to see a sequel, the fact that there may be one already is beside the point.

Also, please do not double post, use the edit button, this is against forum rules

Last edited:
Yes a movie would be great I would for final fantasy iv the after to be released for a console not mobile phone.

Hmmm, I think I'd enjoy a movie, in the same style as say Advent Children. For some reason these character translate really well into realistic looking versions of themselves.

Also I'd like the sequel to be realeased on DS or PSP, not a cell phone... I don't want to have to buy some companies specific cell phone just to play one game, even if that one game is a FF4 sequel.

Why do they even bother making final fantasy games on mobile phones? They should all be ported to ds or psp. FFIV The After will hopefully be ported to ds or psp. I would love to see a movie of FFIV though.

Though we have a sequel, the only possible way that there would be more sequel/prequels is if it's part of a compilation set like Final Fantasy VII.

there is a sequel to this game. its called ff 4: the after years. its for the wii. it will be released later 2009.

square enix north american newsletter 2009 said:
The tale of FINAL FANTASY IV continues on WiiWare. The second moon has reappeared in the sky, much closer to the planet than it was years ago. Follow Ceodore, son of Cecil and Rosa, as he is ably supported by a host of familiar faces from the original cast who star in a series of nine episodes.

offical site

Last edited:
No, no I would not like to see
a second
sequel to FF4, or a prequel for that matter. I miss the days when a Final Fantasy game was a single entity that stood alone, now we get halfassed sequels/prequels that the original game developers never intended to be made.

Why do they even bother making final fantasy games on mobile phones? They should all be ported to ds or psp. FFIV The After will hopefully be ported to ds or psp. I would love to see a movie of FFIV though.

For some inexplicable reason, the Japanese love gaming on their cell phones. Obviously their phones are capable of better games, but I still can't imagine playing anything besides Tetris on a phone.

there is a sequel to this game. its called ff 4: the after years. its for the wii. it will be released later 2009.

offical site

Damn, you beat me to it xD

I agree with Rockamn X
Final Fantasies need to stay as ONE game, no sequels, or prequels or any of this shit that was done to FF7.
Remakes are always great, but only if the story, magic, characters, music, etc are not changed. Only updated graphics and maybe making the music a little better, not orchastra remakes.

Movie and prequel would be awesome.

Mod Edit: Try and put a bit more effort into this post please, otherwise this is considered a spammy post in a post count section.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see a manga adaptation of ffIV that and an anime series would be immense, i guess a normal movie would be immense because it would include, Rydia, Edward and Kain and anything with them in owns.

I think they could take the characters and plot and such and turn it into something great.... or into something that makes me cringe. Sometimes a sequel can destroy a really great story and characters (Final Fantasy 7 for instance was great by itself, but after the prequel, sequel, and all other spinoffs, it kinda got tarnished). I say, leave it as it is... but the DS remake was great I think

I'd like to get novel translations, I'd really do, but I wouldn't like a prequel or a sequel, probably because the whole FFVII-compilation thing burned me. I'd love to get a Golbez Spinoff based on The After Years's ending and oh boy how am I supposed to use spoilers here?
Anyway, No more FFIV, please, even thought I've been obsessed by the game for the last 14 years ç_ç/)

Would you like to see a sequel to this game, or maybe a movie....or a prequel? Maybe you'd like to see it remade on any platform of your choice

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether?

Please remember no flaming, and people are allowed their own opinions, even if it seems like a stupid idea to you ^_^

You could be more specific with your question. The fact that you ask no flaming seems you know your going to get the "There's already a sequel" responce amd decided to ask it anyways.

regardless I dont want anymore sequels unless they had nothing to do with Cecil or the other gang. What theyve couldve done is make a sequel more related to Cecil's son. In the after years it didnt really click, everyone else was still involved. Hardly any new party members and the story was short

*Fixed thread title*

This thread was started when FFIV after years was a Japan-only mobile phone game (i.e. 2008). It's only natural that she is not specific in the thread question in the past. Now that a sequel to FFIV is available worldwide, I have edited the thread title, seeing that this is a stickied thread :)

Please do not reply to this post. Any questions or concerns, PM me. Thank you.

Absolutely!

I am a huge fan of Final Fantasy IV and run a fan site dedicated to it.

With all of the advancements made with the Final Fantasy series, I'd love to see a FINAL remake with everything Takashi Tokita had ever dreamed of. The graphics would be great to see the game completely remade in full 3D. The likelihood of this ever happening is probably 0. But one can hope!

It would make for a really good anime if done right. But as far as a new game goes....nah.

FF8 or FF9 are the games that most deserve sequel content.

Back