[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

I would love to see an HD Remake of FF IX, the reason being it had one of the most impact-full stories in my opinion. Or an anime would be really awesome, it does have the perfect story for a good anime. A spin-off no please no I think to many spin-off can ruin a game lol.

I would be open to it but there is plent others I would rather remake then this one. A great game but still probably one of my least fave of the final fantasy series overall.

I'm of the opinion that Square Enix Should Leave This Priceless Piece Of Video Game Treasure Just The Way It Is(for AU/Continuation Stuff, I'll read me some fan fics).

That would be awesome! I just really hope that they don't ruin a true masterpiece like they did with FF X-2!

I'm kind of in two minds over this. One part of me thinks that FFIX is almost perfect and so nothing would really be achieved by remaking it. On the other hand, imagine seeing all of those amazing environments in full HD!

FFIX is one of my favorites so I would LOVE to see it in better graphics ;A; As long as they didn't change anything else lol. IX was one of my best FF experiences so I hope one day SE pays attention to it again because I feel like it barely gets recognition.

I thought this had more recent replies.

Anyway, time to revive this old thread. There have been curious listings by Nvidia (in very crude format, I must say) hinting at a Final Fantasy IX remake project. Some of the listings, including said remake, Nvidia have since said might be speculative, but it is all a bit weird.

This video says it better.

To answer the question about whether I'd like to see one? I personally don't think it needs it and I love the game as it already is, but I said exactly the same thing about FFVII. The moment I saw the first footage of the FFVII Remake I was on board, so I suppose the same could be true for FFIX.

I am more curious about the TV series they are developing though. New content set in this world would interest me more.

I'm not sure about you guys but looks like my dream has started to become true. Final Fantasy IX is one of my top favorite game from the series and I think it deserves a remake. Who wouldn't want to see the beautiful city of Alexandria in a high quality graphic with Beatrix in it? Or hear Vivi's voice for the first time as a black mage?

There are many people who loves this game just as much as I do and we know that the Final Fantasy IX world is a special world to us. Hearing this news has giving me the hope to see other classic Final Fantasy games been remade in the future. We already seen how successfully was the Final Fantasy VII remake, so why not try it on Final Fantasy IX?

I'm not sure about you guys but looks like my dream has started to become true. Final Fantasy IX is one of my top favorite game from the series and I think it deserves a remake. Who wouldn't want to see the beautiful city of Alexandria in a high quality graphic with Beatrix in it? Or hear Vivi's voice for the first time as a black mage?

There are many people who loves this game just as much as I do and we know that the Final Fantasy IX world is a special world to us. Hearing this news has giving me the hope to see other classic Final Fantasy games been remade in the future. We already seen how successfully was the Final Fantasy VII remake, so why not try it on Final Fantasy IX?

I haven't been sure how seriously to treat the rumours, but a lot of content creators who are currently more in-the-know than myself are taking it very seriously and are freely speculating about details, etc.

I would love to see Alexandria in HQ. The Renaissance-style architecture, statues, and artwork, all deserve to be seen properly in full glory. And I would certainly not turn down an extended version of Lord Avon's I Want to be your Canary with voice acting, improved staging, etc. The play scenes in FFIX are some of my favourite scenes in the entire franchise and, seeing what the FFVII Remake did with the Honeybee Inn, this play would most definitely look great in HQ.

There is also a fan project called the Memoria Project which is developing a few scenes, backgrounds and models in HQ 3d to show what a FFIX remake could look like.

I think they might be in the right ballpark with keeping the cartoony aesthetics. I do not think that ultra-realistic character models (such as seen in FFVII Remake) will work for FFIX. For human characters, sure, but it'll only make them stand out as out of place on a planet populated by hippo-people, Burmecians, black mages, etc.

It's curious how there's been a few FFIX related content being announced, such as the TV series & the raceable characters/courses with Chocobo GP. I don't necessarily buy into the rumor, but at the moment I think we'll all not be as shocked if it turns out true. I'm not a personal fan of FFIX getting the remake treatment, but I think it's just because it's such a precious game to myself personally, as I'm sure it is for others. I'm sure people felt this way about FFVII as well, and the disappointment with how they strayed from the original game makes me hesitant for a FFIX Remake.

I've seen what the Memoria Project has done, and it's honestly amazing content. It seems more plausible that would be the route Square Enix would go for graphics if this were to happen, and I agree that it would probably fit the FFIX story a bit more, but I'd absolutely love to see this game in FFVIIR graphics. I'm having a hard time envisioning it, but maybe it'd be amazing, you know?

The one thing I could ever hope to have done in a FFIX Remake is to have a few unexplained plot holes.. explained. Such as what actually happened to Sir Fratley, or even the Mole people of Mount Gulug? Why was no one really that said when Master Gizamaluke died? Why is Queen Brahne blue?! So many questions. :lew:

I love this game. :lew:

It's curious how there's been a few FFIX related content being announced, such as the TV series & the raceable characters/courses with Chocobo GP. I don't necessarily buy into the rumor, but at the moment I think we'll all not be as shocked if it turns out true. I'm not a personal fan of FFIX getting the remake treatment, but I think it's just because it's such a precious game to myself personally, as I'm sure it is for others. I'm sure people felt this way about FFVII as well, and the disappointment with how they strayed from the original game makes me hesitant for a FFIX Remake.

Since the original FFVII is my favourite game, I'm part of the camp with mixed feelings about the FFVII Remake.

In the years before it was announced I never wanted it. When it was announced with its first trailer I came to shed my reservations and became excited. Meeting John Bentley (Barret) irl and attending KupoCon and a launch party, etc, helped to make its release super special to me. When it was actually released and I played it I was blown away. It was mostly a positive and sometimes very emotional experience for me. But then the ending left a weird feeling with me. On reflection, I am now on-board. It is not a remake. At least not in the way we expected. It is not simply retreading the game but is instead, with its surprise timey-wimey elements and characters and beings conscious of the original timeline, actually continuing the story of the compilation without affecting the original timeline. A bit like the J.J. Abrams Star Trek films. I think I am now okay with that as it could be very interesting, but I'll see how part 2 turns out.

But a Final Fantasy IX remake? I don't think it would fit this game to make the same point in redefining what a remake means, etc. The FFVII remake has already done this, so would they really do it again with FFIX? I doubt it. It may more likely be a more traditional remake of the original with some expanded scenes. That is if this is a legit rumour.

In general though, I defintely love and appreciate the sudden and relatively unexpected interest in FFIX.
The one thing I could ever hope to have done in a FFIX Remake is to have a few unexplained plot holes.. explained. Such as what actually happened to Sir Fratley, or even the Mole people of Mount Gulug? Why was no one really that said when Master Gizamaluke died? Why is Queen Brahne blue?! So many questions. :lew:
All of this!
I would love to see more about the mysterious mole people in particular. I want mole artefacts and little mole houses with mole notes. I want to be able to reconstruct in my mind what mole society might have been like. Their disappearance is sad so they deserve to have their story told!

Here is some new footage from The Memoria Project (a non-profit, non-playable concept project created by fans to celebrate FFIX).

It certainly gives a good impression of what a Final Fantasy IX remake could look like: amazing graphics, but retaining its cuteness.

I would like to see a complete remake of this game for Nintendo Switch (perfect console for this kind of Jrpg).

What I would like to see was a 1:1 remake in the same vein as Spyro Rignited Trilogy. Same gameplay, same level design, just new graphics.

Today The Memoria Project released extended fan-made concept footage of what a Final Fantasy IX remake might look like. It focuses solely on Vivi during the opening Alexandria episode. Unfortunately it ends before the performance of the play but it still contains a lot of amazing details.

To be clear (as some people on the internet are confused) they are not making a playable project, and this is not official or sanctioned. If they actually made a remake then Square Enix would sue them to the moon. It is just a tease of what is possible, made by fans. Perhaps a prod to entice Square Enix.

I notice they've made Hippaul into a race rather than an individual character. That's an interesting interpretation.

It honestly looks fantastic. Just a bit tantalising because it will never be played.

A game that takes gameplay mechanics, characters, or story elements from an existing series in a separate and different direction, sometimes changing genres along the way.

It's impressive, I just hope with the rumours of S-E remaking FFIX that it doesn't clash with their project.

On the topic of an FFIX Remake... it's just so out there! I just feel that the Remakes within gaming are starting to get way out of hand - There are good examples like Resident Evil & even Final Fantasy VII Remake (If you can count that) but to remake FFIX without even completing the Final Fantasy VII Remake project seems way to hastey.

What if the quality of the FFIX is lesser? Of course FFIX has a more cartoon aesthetic, so it doesn't have to have the realistic character models like VII. But still... people will compare and if the FFIX Remake falls below standard... there will be backlash.

I love FFIX, truly do but I feel no need for a remake. I'm content playing the original game upscaled via emulator (Because the modern console port as no fullscreen mode).

I feel the same way aboput the potential Anime series that has also done rumours. The Crunchyroll Shenmue Animation series despite being of excellent quality hasn't even been released on Blu-Ray. I just hope it is not something that is n't made then abandonded.

Hi there! New here. I just wanted to say that the memoria project looks awesome. However, how many of you would like to see a TTRPG of FFIX? Would you play it?

Today The Memoria Project released extended fan-made concept footage of what a Final Fantasy IX remake might look like. It focuses solely on Vivi during the opening Alexandria episode. Unfortunately it ends before the performance of the play but it still contains a lot of amazing details.

To be clear (as some people on the internet are confused) they are not making a playable project, and this is not official or sanctioned. If they actually made a remake then Square Enix would sue them to the moon. It is just a tease of what is possible, made by fans. Perhaps a prod to entice Square Enix.

I notice they've made Hippaul into a race rather than an individual character. That's an interesting interpretation.

It honestly looks fantastic. Just a bit tantalising because it will never be played.
I'm so late in seeing this, but gosh that looks gorgeous. It makes me sad that it's not playable, because I just know that in the event Square does remake the game--even if it's a loyal remake instead of a modernization/alternate interpretation a la Final Fantasy VII Remake--it's not going to be anywhere near as good as this.

Back