[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Would you like to see a sequel to this game, or maybe a movie....or a prequel? Maybe you'd like to see it remade on any platform of your choice

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether?

Last edited:
Surely I would like to see a remake with tons of new minigames, new areas, bigger world, new skills and items, tuned and refined character development and new story events :D This game has tons of potential and when run on next generation console, it could become one of the best games ever ;)

Not sure what could be in sequel or prequel, but got nothing against it...

About a movie, huh I think this game is a bit too long and big for one movie...

Surely I would like to see a remake with tons of new minigames, new areas, bigger world, new skills and items, tuned and refined character development and new story events :D This game has tons of potential and when run on next generation console, it could become one of the best games ever ;)
I agree, this game has a lot of Potentional, I would like to Kuja, Beatrix and some more characters joined the main party, Instead of Kuja going mad, he could had joined the heroes, thus a whole story would start :D

About a movie, huh I think this game is a bit too long and big for one movie...
How about FFIX - Kuja's Redemption! The story after FFIX, just like Advent Children from FFVII.

I would like to see Kuja's turning good, somehow got rid of his madness and decided to accept his fate as human. Of course, a whole hand full of new villains, characters and some magic involved.
I am up for a remake as well, on PS3 would do just fine.:monster:

How about FFIX - Kuja's Redemption! The story after FFIX, just like Advent Children from FFVII.

I would like to see Kuja's turning good, somehow got rid of his madness and decided to accept his fate as human. Of course, a whole hand full of new villains, characters and some magic involved.
I am up for a remake as well, on PS3 would do just fine.:monster:

Totally agree with the movie idea :D Also a game sequel with the same story would be really great... I think there are a lot of mysteries around Kuja and Garlands life and it's the thing that fits the story best: Mysteries and secrets. And imagine, as Kuja would start to live his own life while his past would hunt him :) A great story could unfold.

Last edited:
i think they should remake it for next gen
i want to see what potential it will have

I hate going against popular opinion, but I don't think a sequel should be made. Out of personal opinion and experience, sequels usually (not always, I'll admit) tend to suck. I, for one, am one of those people who does not like change in stuff like this. If they were to make a sequel, I would be expecting it to be exactly the same (except story-wise, of course), and would be disappointed if the mechanics were changed. Which of course, they would be.

I'm sorry if I'm not making any sense.

I really wouldn't want to see anything more from this game story-wise. A prequel or a sequel would just be unnecessary IMO. Everything was wrapped up nicely and there are no major events that happened before the game which would beg for a prequel.

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake, but it won't really be necessary for at least a few years, the graphics were fine and still are good by todays standards.

A movie would be alright if it was based on the game and added nothing new to the storyline, but a movie can't really do the game justice in an hour and a half. Which means it would either have to be overly long or it would have a few sequels. If they did make a movie based on the game I would go and see it, but I'm not gonna beg for one.

I'm okay with anything.. But I thought the game already had a pretty much perfect ending that does not require any continuation... If there were to be a sequel, it will have to use different characters and (perhaps) a different timeline....

The bad guy would have to be different too, along with the plots. Quite a risk, I guess, so i doubt so.

I would love to see a remake!! or a movie!!! Or maybe a prequel or sequel, as long as it is better than X-2, but it is very easy to make a game better than X2
I would DEFINATELY see the mmovie though
I would love to see IX remade with better graphics for PS3 or 2
but the movie would be hard to make, would they be animated the same?

A spin off Anime would be good, or in CGI. Due to the character designs could been awsome. Not a direct sequeal or prequeal. But like Amarants back story isnt covered in depth. Also Freya between leaving to search for Fratley, and Zidane time with Tantaulous. All three have very complex back storys that would of involoved lost of adventure.

You know it would be good if they made a remake on the ps3. I want to see Beatrix fighting in next generation graphics. Yeah but who would be the villian?

I apologize to all of you that would like to see a remake, but I have to say no. Just no. Not a remake of it, not a spinoff of it, not a movie of it, not a sequel or prequel, just zip, nothing, nadda. -__-

Even though I got through the entire game, I can hardly remember a thing about it, very forgettable game in my opinion, especially for a Final Fantasy game, FF games I usually don't completely forget like I have FFIX...

Sorry, but I really didn't enjoy it like any of the other several Final Fantasy games I have played, both before it and after it. :/ Hate to be so negative, but my expectations for the game, as I started to play it, spiked quickly, and it never really got very good imo, just lacked something crucial to FF games, what makes the best ones what they are...

I like the sound of a remake... to be platformed on the PS3 and X-Box 360 :D
To be honest this and FFVII deserve a remake... FFVIII should stay where it is... Although if they were to remake 1 they should out of respect to fans of all of three remake the others too

Last edited:
NOOOO for the spinoff, I dont want to see one of my favorite FF games ruined and tarnished. But a remake with the new graphics wouldnt be so bad, I mean seeing Garnet/Dagger in next gen graphics.....:highfive:

omg yes, my favorite game final fantasy ix, i would love to see a remake, but just to see my fav chars in a better resolution and video, but i think that that game has a heart as it is, with that exact graphics and midi songs. it would probably be something different, a feeling would be different, if they make it for ps3.
p.s. movie would be awsome

I think it would be cool to see a remake of this game. There are so many minigames and sidequests that it has caused me to spend countless hours trying to do them all, not that its a bad thing.

I would like to see a sequel for the game just to see more of what happens to all the characters.

I would definately see the movie of this, if they ever make one. The story is long, but I think someone would enjoy making a 3+hour movie about the game.

I don't like the idea of remakes of classic games into 3d or more advance graphics, I feel this game would lose something if updated for say the ps3 or 360. If they did it, I would want the option to turn voices off if voice acting is possible.

I would not mind a spin off, I just beat the game about 12hrs ago and totally loved it
I want to know more about what happened at the in. How Zidane truly escaped, when did Vivi die, how did his kids come about, and to see if Amarant has changed much more.
A full blown spin off I do not think would work, but a downloadable game off Xbox Live and/or PSN where its a few hours long would work great IMO

Hmmm...i think a remake would be good in ways up to a certain degree. Like more optional bosses then it had in the original for one. I think it would be awesome oh and extend the chocobo thing they had in the game when u serach for treasure chests all over the world map was fun for me and the game was to for the chocobos ^.^. Well i say it should but to a certain degree.

differant situation

well...
freya,amarant and zidane backgrounds are good but wgat would be nice if the sequel would take place ... say 100 years in the future...
a time when statues of zidane and dagger are literally all over the place...
the mist is gone and world is at peace...
we follow a group of teens wanting to be like their heroes (zidane and his crew became heroes as the ones who took away the mist)
they start to travel in search of adventure and end up stumbling on some big evil plot...
thats all i have to say...
that evil plot is whatever the developer desires...

Back