[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

I might like to see a remake one day, but it certainly doesn't have to happen anytime soon. Especially now that I know what Zidane will sound like, thanks to Dissidia. I must say, I'm not to happy with his voice actor =/

As for a spin-off, absolutely not. The storyline was wrapped up very nicely, and I don't see any need for the creators to try and come up with some new problem for the main characters to face. They did that with X-2, and it really didn't turn out well. I'd hate for the same thing to happen to nine because it had the perfect happy ending.

Would i like to see a remake of this game? Yes if everything was going to be exactly the same with better graphics, no actors talking in the game, music by Nobuo etc. Should they remake it? Definitely not because doing this, it will never be like it was since it's now merged with Enix. Is a real shame coz i love this game

I would like to see them do a spin off a bit like crisis core but without the DMW system and more playable characters. Maybe you could be kuja living on terra or something like that?

To be honest, I thought FFIX was a really solid, complete game with little to no loose ends. The only part that confused me was the end with the narrator. I didn't know that it was
Vivi
right away, but otherwise I didn't feel left wanting anything in particular.

I kind of would like to think Fratley got his memories back of Freya, but by the looks of the ending scenes, the two were starting over with no hinderance.

I wouldn't mind a remake, but I'm not really pining for one either. Yeah, yeah - why FFVII but not FFIX? I don't know. I thought the graphics of FFIX were pretty stellar. The most I could seem them do was make it more "smoother", "shinier", and throw loads of effects in battle.

Although I wonder what designer would Square-Enix have in mind for the game remake. I love Nomura's designs myself, but even I admit that the character design of FFIX was most of the reason the game was so distinctive to me. Although Dissidia Zidane was pretty cute ;D

As for spin-offs, as I said, I just don't know what aspect could be explored of FFIX that a whole new game installment could be pursued :/

Maybe they could be a prequel anime of Zidane's life from his Genome birth to a member of Tantalus before FFIX's timeline, and other qualifying characters?

Honestly, I would like to see spin-offs of most of these games. Though FFX-2 was a tragedy, FF7 had some interesting elements added in its spin-offs, and I would like to see what else could be done with FFIX's characters.

Especially Zidane. He's such a great/fun character!

i would love to see square enix remake or do a spin-off series to FFIX. maybe have individual stories for the characters like freya and stiener kinda like they did with vincent from VII. also make a new game with an adventure of Vivi showing how and where he died, starting about a month after the battle with necron and kuja at the end of IX

I dont really know where they would go with this FF game?

Its not like FF VII or VIII weshere they have Soldier and Seed to go into with missions and junk.They could Make it a thief game and introduce a new Gen of Tantalus Guys & Girls to go on thieving missions on behalf of Lindblum or espionage missions for the right price.

There is so much potential in other FF games but this one, to me, stands alone from start to finish closing out the story nicely:zidane:

the ending was perfect, I don't think there was really any opening at all for a spinoff. I wouldn't want to play without him. Unless you could be one of his kids. :-)

the ending was perfect, I don't think there was really any opening at all for a spinoff. I wouldn't want to play without him. Unless you could be one of his kids. :-)

i agree, surely they can't build on that ending.

it had a '...and they lived happily ever after' feeling at the end, where everything was done; Zidane and Garnet being together, Freya getting back together with Frately, and things working out for nearly everyone else.

only mystery is whether Kuja actually died at the end, so maybe that can be used as a spinoff. i wouldn't mind a game where Kuja is the main character, however unlikely.

it's not like in FFVII where the story was more complicated and there was a much deeper history, and a vague ending.

Do you think S-E wanted to give the player such an experience?

l did feel like it, not that they were saying "lets do a good story so the player wont want a remake" or anything like that they just wanted to present a fun exciting adventure that left the player content with the events at the end of the game.

And lets not forget they were producing FFX at the same time....kinda....and it was the last hurrah for FF on the PSone :)

I think that something like crisis core for this FF would be good. It is one of the best FF games. Just stay away from all of the elements that made X-2 SUCK:gasp:
Sorry but that game:rage:, just makes me angry.

Last edited:
No need to apologies it made a lot of people angry......not me though l liked FFX-2.

Were now enemies!.....just kidding

For this game would it be a single character game like Zack in CC or a team based RPG just in miniature?

I think another 1 character game would be interesting but with the enhanced graphics seen in XIII it would probably be better team based. I think im gonna go digging for my ps1 now, this thread makes me want to relive the miracle:P
Oh, btw yes i did change my name

Last edited:
Do you think S-E wanted to give the player such an experience?

l did feel like it, not that they were saying "lets do a good story so the player wont want a remake" or anything like that they just wanted to present a fun exciting adventure that left the player content with the events at the end of the game.

And lets not forget they were producing FFX at the same time....kinda....and it was the last hurrah for FF on the PSone :)

I think that was exactly the case.

remember, FFIX was intended as a tribute to the past FF's, so you could argue that it was a sort of sequel to them.

Ahhhh thong boy as the main character lol that would be interesting but ill have to agree that ff9 doesnt need a sequel it just fit into place unlike ff7 but thats why it had sequals but i really dont think 9 ever needed one XD

a defiant remake for the ps2 maybe give it FFX's battle system where you control summons :P either way i loved the game to death even if i didnt finnish it if it was ever remade i would try my best to get :P

NO! Don't let them ruin a classic. I am not supportive of any remakes other than the 2-D's (FF6 & below). I think people are getting too carried away with the concept, honestly. But that's just one man's opinion///

Back