[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

tho IX is in fact :awesome:awesome:awesome: i dont think it should have a sequal, if it did it would be some crap about Zidane and Kuja while Zidane was supposedly dead and would really suck, and then some strange conclusion that makes no sense to tell how Kuja died and would all be bull...

Ahhh, man....This is my Fav FF game ever...but I don't wanna see it ruined by a remake or a spin-off. I want it to be preserved as it is, one of the greatest games of all time. Now if they got the right writer or director, I wouldn't mind seeing someone make a movie out of this game, but that wont happen anytime soon.

personally I would really like to see a sequel ( and it needs to be put on the wii and xbox 360 as well so people don't have to buy another console >.>) in my oppinion things were wrapped up well but not well enough.
what happened to alexandria, burmecia, cleyra, and linblum. all of them were destroyed.
did Vivi die soon after? who was his wife.
what happened to the black mages in the village. did mikoto live a normal life afterwards.
what happened to garland (he talks alot in memoria) do the planets merge? (kuja destroyed alot but I doubt that it would destroy the planet)
did freya ever see fratley again.
did zidane and garnet rule over alexandria.
necrosse swore it wasn't over

I think there is enough for a new game and I would like to see one.

In this order: (spoilers for some)

1. They were rebuilt, put simply

2. Actually the period between Zidane's disappearance at the Iifa Tree and his return, Vivi did in fact die. As for a wife, we really cannot say.

3. Well, the Black Mages and the Gnomes go on with their lives, though it would be a bit awkward as the Mages have souls but incredibly short lifespans, while Gnomes have no soul and are nigh immortal. (Except for Mikoto, who has a soul, and a normal human's lifespan)

4. Word of God says Terra was destroyed. So, unification is indeed false. However, you are right in which though a large portion is destroyed, IMO Terra probably is still around.

5. Yes

6. Yes

7. True, and that maybe the only case a person may argue about in terms of a sequel.

Personally, I know there will be a remake, it's only the matter of when, as for a spinoff and movie, I'm a bit undecided, so I can't really make a decision, unless I here more people's opinions.

Last edited:
Remake would be nice

I think a remake would be sweet. On next-gen consoles, the world could be improved and enlarged tremendously. Also, I think they should have put more time into abilities/character customization.

Yes to the remake! But no to the rest, the remake would be amazing! Final Fantasy 9 is my favorite FF game so of course I'd love to see Square give it some attention!

This game is unrated so much, I think if square remade it I think a lot more people would give it the credit it deserves! :)

On the subject of sequels. I think what made Final Fantasy so amazing origionally is that even though each title was the same series with one number up, there were no sequels! You got a different world, different characters, different gameplay, different music and different story every time!!

I'd love to see Final Fantasy IX on the PS3 (heck, I'd buy one just for that game, I really would!) but I felt the Final Fantasy VII spin-offs were an abomination and I'd hate to see my favourite title of the series viced for it's money's worth in the same way.

I don't want to see a remake, spinoff, prequel, sequel or anything else to this game. It's one of those gems that Square Enix have created, though highly underrated and overlooked. It's pretty much a perfect game, and if there was to be a remake it'd be more than just the graphics they change. The game is perfect as it is, no remake is needed, ever.

I don't want to see a remake, spinoff, prequel, sequel or anything else to this game. It's one of those gems that Square Enix have created, though highly underrated and overlooked. It's pretty much a perfect game, and if there was to be a remake it'd be more than just the graphics they change. The game is perfect as it is, no remake is needed, ever.

Squaresoft, not Square Enix.
If it was Square Enix, it'd just be a sequel to Final Fantasy VIII with a horrific real-time battle system and a graphical and artistic style that just makes it look like every other game they've released...

I would love to see any of them though a movie by far the least. One thing I would love is if they made it 50% longer and also made it a harder game. Things like Leveling up or monster bashing for gil was basically unnecessary in this game. They could make it harder just by making it longer with tougher battles that you had to be more well-equipped for. Making something like ability placement key to defeating many battles instead of making every battle not losable like it seems to be. Don't get me wrong I loved the game, but if it wasn't exciting plot was it would have been pretty bad because it was too easy. I really liked a lot of the ideas they used, like the abilities system but mastering it just wasn't essential to winning and it should be.

Remake? nar They might ruin the game, like they did with final fantasy 7
Dont get me wrong, I love the game and would absoulty love to play it again eccept with diffrent twists,
but the most likely outcome is that they will no be able to make it as succsessfull.

No, and no :mokken: FFIX was great and does not need to be ruined with a remake/spin-off. It was golden the way it was and still is now. Imvho, it should just stay the way it is. If they wanted to improve the graphics, then maaaaybe, but otherwise, just keep it the way it was. And I dont belive it was spin-offable to begin with.

I don't see how remakes or spin-offs even have the potential to ruin a game. The core game remains the same. So if spin-offs or remakes would ruin the core game some way for you(irrational imo) then simply do no purchase them.

I would like to see a sequel for the PSP, sort of like Revenant Wings was for the DS. If it's half as good as Crisis Core I would love it.

I would like a remake..ONLY A REMAKE of this game course FFIX was rushed and some areas where not finished hence the picture of Amarant outside of an explodin building in his motto thing there was supposed to be more tantalus and sir Fratley and Puck but it was all rushed so it didn't make it
So please Square remake this game with better graphics and these areas unlocked :D

I wouldn't. I liked the spinoffs for FF7 but the ending of that had the potential to go somewhere, and the spinoffs helped clear up any plot holes.
However, with IX, there aren't any plot holes that need filling, and the ending showed everybody happy with their lives. I loved the ending, I don't think they need to expand on it.

What about Necron? there was very little, if not a lot, explanation about how he came to be. But I agree at some points about not making a remake/sequel.

But I think it would be neat if they made a remake. Same plot, same dialogue. Same soundtrack. Just add more dungeons, more songs. Better graphics. Just add, and not remove anything from the original. Wouldn't THAT be something?

Though Final Fantasy IX is one of my favourite FF titles, I wouldn't choose it to be remade if I can have a choice. I'm sure SE wouldn't either. FFIX never met the popularity of FFVII and FFVIII before it and FFX after it. They have little reason to revisit that game despite how much I liked it.

As for a spinoff, I wouldn't want to see one at all. FFIX pretty much told and completed its story. There's nothing ambiguous left in the ending (aside from the Vivis and Necron perhaps) that warrants any sequel or sidestory. There's nothing else to get out of FFIX for a game, just like in FFVIII.

Now FFVI.......if SE can decide to get Matrix Software to remake that game, I will cry with happiness. Probably.

Back