[FF IX] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

Out of all the game's I'd probably be more likely to say 'yes' to a remake of this one compared to others, but I'm not.

I really don't think there'd be enough substance to a remake game or spin-off for FFIX.

The only real curiosity that strikes me at the end of the game is the fate of Kuja in the ruins of the Iifa Tree. While it is left open-ended, I'd like to have a final answer, but I have a feeling it would probably be horrible and piss me off that they ever made a sequel.

Yes and no. It would be great to see a movie or a second part to the story via a game. But Final Fantasy VII AC and Final Fantasy X-2 spell out a different story.
Maybe in a few years time, a remake on the PS3 or the Xbox 360 ?

Square is really wonderful at doing and making remakes :]

A remake? yes, a spin-off? no way.

I always want a remake of the old FF but I don't like the spin-off it really irritates me since they change so much in the original game, just like with FFVII where all these weird characters kept coming out from.

In all honesty, I believe the game is perfect just the way it is.

I would rather not see a movie made or a prequel or sequel. I wouldn't see a movie because for starters it would be very long and plus there are plenty of fan-fictions on the internet. Why not use your imagination and let the characters do whatever you want.

As others have stated the ending was perfect so why have a sequel?

In regards to a prequel, I believe using your imagination is a very good benefit, because you are able to imagine what happened before all of the cast met up throughout the time period in the game. For me the storyline in this one was done very well. A sequel would be interesting to make considering the ending was done perfectly.

As for the remake, I wouldn't buy it if SquareEnix did it. I do plan on purchasing a PS3 because they are too much friggin money and out of my budgeting when it comes to paying for a Video Gaming System that I know I won't use that much.

Also, concerning Eiko's clothes and the way her pants showed her ah...well...we know what it showed. I wasn't cool with that one bit. The Japanese really confuse me sometimes with the way they dress their characters in each game.

Anyway, I hope this helps you all out.

Last edited:
I would like to see some kind of remake, nothing too in depth. Just touch up on the graphics, make them more up to date and less blotchy... I'd like to see it on PS3 or PSP, or it can be one of those games that plays on both.

The only additions I'd want to see is maybe something like they've been doing with the GBA/DS/PSP remakes. They add a new lil dungeon and a new hard as hell boss in there. Stuff like that I think is cool... cuz then when you beat the game theres still more to do.

But that would be about it I wouldn't want major storyline changes or voice acting.

deffinatly... prequil YES, remake YES

AND a spinoff based on vivi that brings in other chars from ff9 as guests

this is one game i would tottaly like to see remade..and since they made new models for dissidia, they should consider zidane and kuja done.... everything should be equal to the original for exception of the graphics ^^... and they should make this game a psp exclusive cause i dont know it just makes sense to me! people knwadays fear ff sequels and spinf off´s due to VII, yes square squished everu last cent from the game...but i did find interesting the spinoff/sequel of vivi..that would be interesting..anyways yes it should be remade(for the psp ^^)

a squeal would be nice maybe in a form of a movie or a psp game where you can play Zidane Mikoto and Kuja with a decent storyline ofcourse

I would deffo like a remake! It's my favourite game ever, and a remake with alot more content would just be my vision of heaven! Wouldn't mind a Anime movie or a Manga version! Not to keen on the sequel, though...

FFIX is a awsome game for the PS1, and my fav. of the FF games, but becuase the PS1 is getting old and it is getting harder to find someone who will repair them it is starting to be a headache. Don't get me wrong I love FFIX and I love the PS1(my first system after the NES), but a remake of this game would be great.

Make the game longer and harder and get rid of the old battle system. Use the new more advance one from FFXII or the new XIII. Better graphics, the storyline could change just a little but not alot, (it's great the way it is).Should be made on the PS3 only and not the 360(sorry Xbox fans, but gotta keep this great game a SONY ONLY game). Get more involve with the other charaters. No sequals, remember the FFX-2 game,booooo!.
A movie that had some sequals would work, but the game will always be alot better. And I am not dying for one etheir.

I don't know about a remake, because it was done right the first time and it doesn't need to be improved upon. :)

I'm not sure there's much to go by in terms of a sequel. The game was wrapped up very nicely at the end, unlike some of the games that leave like 50 unanswered questions.

As for a prequel, I think it would be brilliant. I'd love to see the early days of the characters. A pre-greedy Brahne, and the king of Alexandria alive, and Zidane's early days after being dropped on Gaia, and Burmecia before it was sacked by Black Mages.
I think they could really do a lot with it. More than any other FF game I think this one needs some more content.

i would a movie of it... would be kick ass
i would also like a remake on ps3 :P but not alittle side spin off on the psp like cris core and FFVII and how it showed u about zack...
talking about FF7 on FF9 forum :O
my bad :P

would also love FF9 to continue on with different and new bosses... but im asking to much haha

Though I believe that there is no way that it could be improved upon, I think a remake would be nice. It would open the game up the the younger generation (what am I talking about, I'm fifteen) of gamers and those who don't have the capabilities to play older games (like for the PSX). I would really like to see a spin-off however. Maybe like a sequel, or playing in the view point of Tantulus. That would be interesting.

i don't think ff9 requires a remake or a spin off. it was a good game but thats just it. well anyway, a remake of it now is way too earlier for it. but chances are, in the future they probably will make a port of it to a newer system like what they did for ff 1-3, they just ported from the snes to ps1. i could see something like that happening not only with ff9 but ff8 too, not too sure about ff7 though

there was a planned, that this game will be re-released for PS2 but that plan, was never continue for some unknown reason.

I think a spin off about Amarant (or however you write his name...) will be nice.
Come to think about it, I barely know anything about him. I don't even know whatever he is a human or not... he just looks strange. Maybe he was affected by mako or something XD. And what with that hairstyle? did he have it since he was a child?
I think it is worth to make a short spin off about him. I am quite sure there is a reason why he prefers to fight alone (some tragic past or something). So there are a few things to explain about him.

I don't see a need for a remake. The game was and still is brilliant in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind a remake at all. So long as it's done right. Keep the same story, chars, everything that was in the original and just add some more side quests here and there. Maybe a few new weapons?

I wonder what DLC would be available?

I think it deserves that at least. Because for some reason, Square is putting all their attention on either 7, 8, or 10 (Kingdom Hearts, AC, CC, DoC) as I can recall, the only thing that this game is getting credit for is Vivi (KH2) and desidia (which is giving every game credit, so that doesn't count). I would love to have a remake, because they can give the characters dialog (for all the lazy players who don't want to read) and even better graphics (the original had amazing graphics for it's time, and the graphics are still pretty good to this day).

But sadly, to many people just go around this game for some reason and ignore it, and it's sad.

Back