[FF8] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Would you like to see a sequel to this game, or maybe a movie....or a prequel? Maybe you'd like to see it remade on any platform of your choice

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether?

Please remember no flaming, and people are allowed their own opinions, even if it seems like a stupid idea to you ^_^

My simple answer is no. I love this game to an almost absurd degree, but a spinoff would probably be of inferior quality and would just tarnish my memories of playing it and enjoying it. It is best left alone.

Truth be told, I'd love it if Final Fantasy VIII was remade onto the PS2. That way the graphics would be way better and also the fighting would look much nicer. Imagine: Renzokuken ending with a Lionheart finishing off Ultimecia's final dregs of life in graphics resembling Final Fantasy X. Man it would kick-ass. Also imagine the High-Def graphics in FFX used in the cutscenes of FFVIII. Plus, Square-Enix could improve the Battle Menu, I mean, I'm sure they can do better than a dull Grey!

I guess the only drawback is finding perfect voice actors for Squall and his gang..

Last thoughts- Just thought of this: Imagine, get ready for this, the GUNBLADE in High-Def graphics! OMG OMG I'm gonna crap myself.

I closed that thread and made a sticky one ;)

Anyway, the only thing I would like to see redone with this one is improve the graphics of the real time (?) stuff, because they were shoddy at best. When I first played it I thought the characters looked like crap. Everything else backgrounds, FMVs etc looked fine and IMO doesn't need re-doing

Although a prequel with that Hyne character wouldn't go amis.....seeing as we don't really know all that much about him and the sorceresses past

I would love to see a remake of this game but the only thing I would like to be done for his game is voice acting for the characters. That would make the game come to life more especially for Squall & Rinoa's. It could bring their emotions out in a way that we never could have understood with dialog boxes.

This is one of those final fantasy games i played and completed just so i could say "yea, i have completed FFVIII, i hated it and it was time of my life that shall never be returned to me, sadly. if they can improve the game exponentially in a remake or seuel then i might consider playing it but i didn't enjoy this game so i wouldn't play a remake or sequel.

It's a great game and all but some things are good left alone. I don't want it to end up like FFVII with all those dumb spin-offs.

like the person said above, I didn't enjoy it that much I just beat it to say, "yeah I beat FFVIII, what of it?"

I agree with charliepanayi, i love the game too much for any sequels/prequels/spin-offs to ruin it. I wouldn't mind a remake with better graphics and quicker gameplay as long as it didn't change it too much though

As i said in the other thread, its not really necessary for a sequel or prequel, even tho i would jump at the chance to play a game with laguna and co maybe a shoot em up style game, set back when he was in the war.
I felt the ending was wrapped up perectly i wouldnt want to see it ruined by a half assed spin off.
As for a remake...hmmm i dunno it would be amazing, but the game has so much charm as it is, it doesnt need better graphics to improve.

I wouldn't mind a sequel, but only if it was done very well (unlike the disaster that was FFX-II)

I think no to any spin-offs, prequels or sequels because it will ruin the game
but a definate YES to a remake, and it should be on the PS3 :D

Id like to see a spin off dealing with what seifer went thru. it would have to remain to the playstation systems either a ps3 or psp or both!

A sequel? no. A remake? maybe...Personally, I think the story was wrapped up quite nicely. There's no basis for a sequel, so if they did make one, the plotline would most likely just be something they came up with off the tops of their heads that doesn't make that much sense (X-2 anyone?) and frankly, I'd rather have no sequel at all than to have a crappy one. So no!

As for a remake, I kind of like the idea of that. Having everything remade in clearer graphics sure would be nice, as well as adding voice actors. I wouldn't want any of the story or anything changed though.

Id like to see a spin off dealing with what seifer went thru. it would have to remain to the playstation systems either a ps3 or psp or both!

I dont see what possible story there could be on Seifer unless it was a sequel.
We know that through the game he grew up with Squall and co at the orphanage, then went to garden. After that he joined the sorceress etc. A game with seifer taking place at the same time FFVIII showing what he did, would be pointless as you would lose in the battles against squall. And you know where the story is going anyway.

Spinoff: no. Remake on a more current system:Yes!

It would interest me to see VIII remade on the ps3, regardless that i don't have one. I would even settle for them remaking it on the ps2 now, though that would be out of the question with the PS3 already roaming the markets. So i guess in the end i just want to see a good game remade with better graphics. : /

I don't see why it couldn't be remade for the PS2 seeing as the earlier titles were remade for the PS when the PS2 had already been out ages. So Id be all for a PS2 remake over PS3. I get the feeling that a PS3 remake would just be a graphics whore. It should be released uin a bumper pack with VI and VII :gasp:

Anyway, I don't actually think it needs a remake, the only thing I found wrong with the original game was the horribly bitty characters, they just looked really untidy walking along with a nice backdrop xD

I love 8, always will. And to be honest I wouldnt mind a remake. Its a stunning game and its sad people dont think it to be a good game. I mean, 7 got more fans due to all the crap thats followed it. I wouldnt want all of that to follow 8, but a remake would be nice.

I would prefer they'll make a continuos story for FF8, movie or game is alright. I even made a novel when I was in secondary school, the story is about the return of Ultimecia, but stopped because of exams. Remake FF8 into ps2 is an good idea, but they never annouce the success right?

remakes of a good game are always welcome imo, but a prequal/sequal is another story. to me ffx was good, but ffx-2 killed it. ffvii was good too but crisis core killed it for me, and AC was ok. as for ffviii, since so many complained about squall's personality, i guess they can make a sequal where squall's a little more cheerful and open (he did smile at the end) but then again this might kill it for me. yet then again, alot ot sequals and prequals (even the movie industries) had killed it for me.

Back