[FF8] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

I love this game, but I really would NOT like to see a spin off. To me its perfect the way it is now, don't ruin it.

A remake however... this could be nice. But don't go tweaking anything =.= If it could have improved graphics, that would be epic. Oddly enough I am not sure that I would like to see voice acting implemented into it... If you fit the characters with the wrong voice it would completely ruin the game. Hmmm....

I love this game, but I really would NOT like to see a spin off. To me its perfect the way it is now, don't ruin it.

A remake however... this could be nice. But don't go tweaking anything =.= If it could have improved graphics, that would be epic. Oddly enough I am not sure that I would like to see voice acting implemented into it... If you fit the characters with the wrong voice it would completely ruin the game. Hmmm....
A remake could be good but I agree that with the wrong voices it would be ruined. Now FFVII was okay in my opinion. I like the voices they gave the characters. Particularly the english ones. But if they did a remake I hope they would get it right too.

A remake would be amazing. The same story with amazing graphics, a huge gorgeous world and voices would be awesome. But! Only if they got it right...which they might not. But then again, they can't go very wrong - they've already got an amazing story to play with, great battle system. They could tweak little bits (throw in more hints about them knowing each other as children and Ultimecia actually existing in the first half of the game instead of coming out of nowhere) but change it too much and it wouldn't be the same game.

Doubt this would ever happen though.

Xx..xX

I would quite like to see a remake, providing voice acting was enough like how I pictured :x3: , however not a spin-off as I'd be scared of it ruining it.

It is well worthy of a remake, not a spin-off, maybe with some minor changes such as the draw system, it was very tedious but also id love to see the characters designed to modern high def standards, although I can guess now that all the girls would look exactly like Tifa because Tetsuya Nomura seems to love that style.

Reactions: Shu
Remake, yes. Spin-off.. NO! I think that the only issue I'd have with them doing a remake is that since the original game was done without voice acting, it would be nearly impossible to match the way people interpreted the text individually. For many it would probably be a huge disappointment. The vision that I see in my head for a movie or a remake is awesome, but I am just so afraid that I'd be disappointed with it.

The vision that I see in my head for a movie or a remake is awesome, but I am just so afraid that I'd be disappointed with it.

I didn't mean disappointed by my vision, but disappointed with what was, in the end, actually produced and marketed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think a remake of FFVIII wouldn't be a good idea because it would lose it's originality. Sure, they would probably make the graphics better and add in voices for each of the characters, but for me those two elements distinguish FFVIII from the later games that have made those changes.

No remake please, like the above poster said, I feel that SE would somehow find a way to ruin it...

A spin-off on the other hand might be cool. I'd really like to know more about this 'Hyne' person :3

I swear I've posted about this before...

Personally, I'd like to see a movie which reveals Laguna's history and story! :) He was a fascinating character and it would be great to see more of him. I'd love to see how his relationship with Raine developed, and perhaps more about what happened when he was away from her. They'd have to be very careful when selecting a voice actor, though... If they made a total mess of it, I'd be able to erase the movie from my memory, but it would be pointless having a bad Final Fantasy movie. :lew: (They already have Advent Children, which is mediocre... Spirits Within was alright as a movie, but it was not Final Fantasy.)

I would LOVE a film of this game, I think it has the most romantic story of all FF's and the best characters, but on the other hand 99% of films that are based on games flop big style and I wouldn't like to run the risk.

As for a remake, yes if they changed the battle system and drawing system. Dunno what they could replace it with but you can't get much worse than it is already.

I did not like this game very much, so I would say no to a remake. Id rather SE remake a better title from the series.

I'd like a remake with an improved battle system. That's one of the main things I really disliked about this game, how tedious the drawing was without card refining. Dx

i want to see a remake... i hated the whole GF thing... i mean the graphics were ok but i couldnt play much because of the whole GF crap

YES I WOULD! I'd love to see the graphics updated to DX11 or DX12 if that's the case when Windows 8 hits with the next gen consoles. Not only that, maybe a few holes filled in with the story, maybe extended scenes to clarify what exactly happened. New improved music.

I would have loved to see ALL the childhood back story from all the main characters.

I always though the PS3 could handle advent children type graphics, but after getting into PC's, I've learned that we'd probably have to wait for PS4 lol. If this does happen, I'd most likely play the game 2 or 3 times in a row just because.

If they were to remake it with voice overs, it'd have to be perfect. They did a pretty good job with Advent Children though...

Definately a game to remake as far as I am concerned.. The only thing I would change apart from improved graphics would be that you could draw the magic 1 time then you would have it forever with maximum charges and also it would make magic useful and not harmful for your character to use(due to having it junctioned to stats) .. This would delete the problems of the drawing system and also I would add voice acting and reduce the GF's casting time(atleast have an option for it because sometimes watching the whole thing is really cool.)
Edit: Also I dont really get why people think that a remake/sequel whatever it is can ruin the games.. I mean how is that possible even if the new thing sucks you dont need to play it and just ignore it.. You are not forced to adhere so why would a Remake or a movie or whatever ruin your ff8 or any other game Experience.
Situation A: 2 guys talking.. 1st says Hey you remember ff8 game what an awsome game too bad the (input any kind of thing related to the game) sucked. 2ND guy says Ye too bad, now the game sucks - This is what I seem to see how people react if a remake or sequel or movie or spinoff of something sucks.
Situation B:1st guy says - Hey you remember ff8 game what an awsome game too bad the (input any kind of thing related to the game) sucked. 2nd guy says ye but the original game was still very good,just forget about the (input any kind of thing related to the game). - This is what should happen if the original was good how are further games of the original ruin the original itself.

I would actually like a remake of this game. VIII is my second favorite Final Fantasy, and seeing it in a remake would be really awesome. I would like to see an improved battle system and to see it in a new graphic system, if they were to decide to remake this game and what not.

Last edited:
Hmmm, i'm not too sure because VIII is my favourite FF game, maybe something like advent children, that'd be cool. The only draw back (no pun intended) is the ball ache of drawing magic from enemies early on in the game, apart from that i wouldn't want it changed

Back