[FF8] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

I loved this game, it is on my top three for the FF series, but a spinoff, no way. remade, possibly. The new graphics would be great. We've seen what SE has done with recent spinoffs so a definite no in general, leave it as it is. The worst crime that can be committed is ruining a classic.(and yes it is a classic)

This was one of my lesser of my big favs in the FF department but it was a good game nonetheless although i think a sequel would prolly ruin it lol it just kinda fit in where there was no need to make a new one. Just to good of a game to make sequals to XD.

The only way a sequel or prequel would work is if (as with any franchise favorite for that matter) is if everyone involved sat down and played the game all the way through, ask the hardcore fans what "not" to do, and keep the charms of the game intact (pre-rendered backgrounds and i know it takes forever but they are flawless, ATB, Random encounter, World exploration, etc.)

AbsoFRICKINlootly!!!! I'm more expectant of a Final Fantasy VIII, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI & Legend of Dragoon remake/sequal than the FF7 obsessed wet dream that FF newbs are wasting their breath clamering for.

the story line doesn't leave anything to be desired really.

the best option..which i would LOVE, if they re-made it at ff13 quality graphics, constant beauty, hair blowing in the wind....no voice actors i'd say unless they were really suited :p...just cant imagine squall's voice

I would love to see a remake of this game with enhanced graphics. There were also a few questions left unanswered in the game that I believe could be resolved in a remake. For example, it was never explained why Ellone has the power to send people into the past, and Ultimecia's origins and her motives for casting Time Compression were never explained in great detail. The story could be much more powerful if these issues were expanded upon.

I would love a remake of this game ^_^ I've never really desired a sequel to this game, it wasn't like FFX with the main character basically dying and leaving behind a hot girl in love with him >_> FFVIII tied up loose ends pretty nicely.

Although this is my favorite FF game, I would not want to see any type of spin-off, sequel or movie made out of it. It would ruin the game. The endiing was wonderful and tied up ends, we don't need to know anymore. A remake...:hmmm: I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see VIII in the graphics of XIII, but I wouldn't want to have voice-overs because the characters would be ruined (no one could agree on the perfect voices, people would be upset). If they could remake the game EXACTLY the same except with beautiful and amazing graphics for the ps3, I would play it in a heartbeat.

I would love to see a remake. Firstly, because it would be simply amazing with improved graphics since PS1 graphics are a bit lacking. I love everything about this game...the storyline, the battle system, the characters. A remake would be better than a birthday/christmas present!

I have been wishing for FFVIII remake for so long...

I mean it really deserves a remake. They should temporarily stop developing new games and start thinking of remaking VII,VIII,IX. There are so many FFVIII fans.

You know, I often imagine how will an FFVIII remake be like. Especially the music. It will be cool of the music is fully orchestrated but still having the same feel in it. I really want to see everything in better graphics. Especially Fisherman's Horizon and Balamb Garden. I think I will take hours to explore these places just to enjoy the music and scenes.

Aside from improving graphics and adding voice acting, they should keep everything else. Well maybe, in battles, the characters will not be standing on the same spots everytime. I will love something like FFXIII's battle positioning (but of course you must be able to control every character). I would also like to see the improved battle menus. There are also scenes that deserve to be made into hi-def CGs.

For voice acting, it will be good if they prepared more than one pre-set voice actors/actresses for every character. Prior to the start of the game, you are given the choice to select which voice suits you best. This is because we always complain about voice acting. If we can choose the best voices for each character, then that will be cool.

then again, square will have to hire extra voice actors. meaning, more money spent. and I don't think they want that.

AbsoFRICKINlootly!!!! I'm more expectant of a Final Fantasy VIII, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI & Legend of Dragoon remake/sequal than the FF7 obsessed wet dream that FF newbs are wasting their breath clamering for.

finally some agrees with me about ff7 the only good characters from that game were vincent & sephiroth,ff8 needs a remake & a cgi movie

Gosh I can't imagine Squall, Quistis and the gang's character being in thier late 20's. If they are 17 and 18 in 1999, the producers would have to make them more mature.

But yeah I'd like to see a remake of this, it'd be fun to see what they really looked like in the future :)

I don't think so. The game had a great storyline and imho didn't leave too much to be desired at the end. Sure they didn't come out and tell you that indeed Squall lived but that just means that you have to think. OMG, did he die? yes no? idk. Lets think about this for a second... *points at the shooting star* OOOOH

I'd like a remake if anything, certainly NOT a spinoff. But if they did a remake they couldn't pump up everything. They'd need to keep it simple and just make things higher quality and maybe add in a few more sidequests like getting Odin. Things that are really easy to do and don't send you all over the world. I thought there wasn't a good balance in the sidequests in that nature

Love the game but the only thing i can see being done is to creat a movie/game of the back story taking place about Laguna, Kiros and Ward. However we know much of what had taken place. But they can easly creat something good out of it.

Just leave it alone.

I personally wouldn't mind for a movie regarding it. Maybe a remake as well for it's better graphics and catch up for the times of today.

oh gosh this is a hard question.
considering how much they have done with ff7, i want something done with 8.
but then again, NO SPINOFFS. PLEASEEEEE. :argh:

I would like to see some voice acting.
And maybe a little fan service added :P
and a graphical update.

..but that's it. i don't think i want squeenix to mess with the story >.<

I'm all for remakes. Logically, 7 would be the next remake...but a DS or 3DS version of 5 and 6 are more than likely going to happen first. However, with that being said, I would love to see 8 with better graphics and possibly some voice acting. I actually just started a new game in 8 last night!

I'm actually surprised that there wasn't a fun little spin off focusing on triple triad though. That would be neat...maybe I'd actually play it. Or better yet, bring the cards to life and make it a real card game.

I reckon Final Fantasy VIII would be great remade using Final Fantasy XII's battle engine.

Imagine the battles using gambits and stuff it would be so cool. Renzokuken would be wicked. :holyshit::holyshit::holyshit::holyshit:

Sure they didn't come out and tell you that indeed Squall lived but that just means that you have to think. OMG, did he die? yes no? idk.
But if you watch the ending credits....at the very end...O.O

I'd like to see a sequel of this game or a movie(just to see how cute Selphie can be) because it was so much fun. I think if there was a remake to be made I'd like it to be with a new cast of characters with a few appearances from the older characters from the main game. Unless they make a new adventure like 2 years later like they did with the FF7 sequels and what not.

I think a movie would be interesting to see though...

I'm kinda hopin for a movie like they did with FF7. That'd be nice to see what happened after Ultamecia(sp) died.

Back