[FF8] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

I don't know if it woulb be good to see another FF8, squall is already in KH1,2 and CoM and also in Dissidia, but a movie of it after what happened in FF8 would probably not be bad, if creators but some love in it of course

Spin off? No.

Remake? Yes.

The game was truly a work of art (I've just recompleted it, and I gotta say, the older you get, the better the story gets. It truly is aimed at an older audience) And with a remake, not only would we get a chance to see some of our favourite parts with better graphics, but it would give future generations a chance to play this game. (well, one that isn't either secondhand or ordered from the internet)

However, I ain't really interested in a spin off because I just don't feel FF8 needs one. Sure, there may be fans out there still going on about that "Is Rinoa Ultimecia?" lark, but I think they should just let the fans decide that, make the fans happier believing what they want to believe without letting half of them down.

remake? yes
spin off? no

I think anygame using ps1 graphics will be awesome to be remade...imagine GoldenEye64 remade!!

I would say yes, so that other players like me, would easily understand FFVIII, especially the littles. xD

spinoff? yes
remake? no

i think we would like to see what happens to the characters, call it fate, as you will. but a remake, no, ive played through so many remakes, and theyre not as good as the original

i would like them to make a spinoff or a sequel to this game. i actually think making a sequel to this is not so hard since at the end, all the main characters are still together at seed and just come up with a new threat. i think that would still be good but add in more playable character like seifer and his two lackys.

or a spinoff would be great, playing the game in the perspective of seifer, that would be cool

i personally think that the game is really..
AWESOME. i love it, to put it simply..
but the game lacks speech, even there
are many "nice-scenes" of rinoa and squall,
they lack expression.. haha. if they have voices,
then the game would have been 'too perfect' wouldn't it?

i really want a sequel to this game!!
i haven't got enough of the game..to tell you the truth..
after squall kissed rinoa and i didn't see it. hahahah it's
just so frustrating..:awesome:

I would definitely like to see a remake of this game, it would be so great with voices and with not so stiff moves ^^ It's the best of all FFs and it would just be so awesome :D

the game is perfect as it is
you dont need better graphics to enjoy the game you actually need a story and gameplay to have the major fun in a game.........
so FF VII is better left alone as it is

I don't know. I guess you could say I'm neutral. Enhanced graphics would be pretty nice, but who knows what else SE could add to it. They may end up adding or altering something that would either make FFVIII better or worse. So, I'm not really too sure on what to think about a remake. Could go both ways.

I'd love to see a new game. BUT! I'd love to see the original updated (ONLY graphical wise) and bundled w/ the new game so it all makes sense to new comers. I don't want it to end up like X-2 goofy and over the top girly (must admit, X-2 was fun to play but I hated the girly/childish theme) . Too people saying it would "tarnish" their memory of a great game. wtf. The original will be GREAT no matter what comes after. I didn't think X-2 was as good as X, but I still like X. For the story of VIII-2 I have no idea. Well, I do , but I don't want to ramble on about it. I'd just like em to tie a new cast w/ the old and merge back and forth in time somehow relating to characters referenced or characters left out totally that now would havce a significant impact on the future.

I really quite like the idea of the Gardens and SeeD, so I'd like to see a spin-off involving someone who was in Squall's position. It would be good if say, the first half of the game was training, including the equivalent of the Fire Cavern section, then their version of the SeeD mission, then on to bigger things.

I think the game would work equally well whether it be set before or after FFVIII's time. If it were set in the time of the Sorceress Wars, that would be cool, but if it were set in the future, with SeeD under Squall's leadership, that would be great too.

I would love for something new having to do with FFVIII to come out.
Even if it ended up sucking I'll still have the original.
And if it didn't suck it would be awesome!

Last edited:
Well I don't want them to ruin the classic game....but I do want to play more.... I'm conflicted, can't decide.

I'm glad Square won't milk this one dry by turning it into a mega franchise with a billion spin-offs. It also helps that VIII isn't nearly as popular as the others, so there's no money in it for them. VIII is a contained and closed story in itself, there is nothing to tell after the time compression.

That being said, VIII is quite possibly my favorite of the 12, and certainly the one I played through the most (6 times). To me, games like this feel like your favorite movie or TV series. Just pop the disk in again and play it over if you want more. They did it right the first time, there is no need to change it. ^^

Final Fantasy VIII isn't my favorite, but I wouldn't mind seeing a remake. I think everything looked fine though, except for the in-game graphics. If they remade those that would be cool. But to be honest, I wouldn't like it with voice actors. It would just kind of ruin it for me, you know?

If they ever DO make a remake/sequel, I would definitely buy it though. I just hope it wouldn't turn out like Dirge of Cerberus or Final Fantasy X-2. Ugh..

The story to this game was really poorly developed and isn't as popular as other FF's. Final Fantasy 7 anyone? haha

An average person with an open mind would think otherwise... only people like you who compare other games to their so called "personal favorites" are blinded by their own obsession and can't see the beauty of another game's story... For a spin-off, or sequel, that would be a no... A prequel? maybe, but more on laguna... a remake might be good too, better graphics and voice overs...:P

Last edited:
ponkadolz, I'm getting a little tired of you calling people "fanboys"...knock it off now please.

Anyway, back on topic. I actually would like to see a remake of this game. I'd love to hear voice overs as I'm most intrigued as to whom they would choose to do the character's voices. It'd be nice to see the in-game graphics remade so you can see the emotion and facial expressions during a cut-scene. I'd also like it if they made the famous SquallxRinoa Ragnarok scene into an FMV. It's such a good cut-scene it deserves to be made into an FMV! Anyway, in the end, yes I would really love to see this game remade. FFVIII deserves more love, IMO.

No. Simply because I thought it was the worst one in the series, because Square tried to hard to make it better than FF 7. They should have just made a completely different game, but instead they pretty much made a crappy remake of FF 7.

Back