[FF8] Would you like to see a remake/spinoff to this game?

FF8 remake?

:holyshit: god please leave it alone. look what happened to 7? a remake.......... maybe, but i'd rather :jon: than see spin-off after spin-off of another great game.

I love 7 more than the creators could ever and i weep for the agony it was put through. dont put 8 through what 7 went through and we'll avoid another overloaded game

I think they did a good job with 7 (Crisis Core was better than 7 in my unproffessional opinion). I hope they move on to 8 soon though.

I think they did a good job with 7 (Crisis Core was better than 7 in my unproffessional opinion). I hope they move on to 8 soon though.

Couldn't agree more, I loved Zack way more than Cloud as a main char as well. But no dont make a sequel to this game, a remake would be good just as long as voice acting isnt annoying like Tidus.

Even though I wasn't in to this FF, I'd be interested to see a remake of it.

I think a remake would be really cool, as I would love to see the smooth graphics of the new platforms with this game. I would also really like to hear the characters speak, I think that would be a great improvement to an otherwise really amazing game. I just don't want the guy who did Tidus' voice please, lol.

Apart from that a cg movie like Advent Children, I think I would possibly wet my pants. O.k maybe thats taking it a little too far, but I think it would be completely awesome to follow through on the movie.

Yes yes yes yes yes. We've had Advent Children, now lets move it on up.

Maybe make a movie about the game itself, see it all in glorious CG and with lovely, lovely voice overs. Or make a movie about the aftermath. Rinoa and Squall have lots of kids and they go on to save the world all over again. Ace.

Yes, definitely FFVIII is my favorite one. Be kinda nice. FF7 was and is great but it is getting all the glory time for a new FF to get the spot light in some Pre or Post game part of it.

I want to see more of a prequel with it following Laguna and his search for Ellone, got more in depth to his character and his love for Raine.

Personally....I would love to see a remake of it. Like not a complete remake maybe just Increase the graphics and make them better. Maybe even add some New bosse or hidden ones that are for -opitional- and u dont have to fight the optional bosses :).

Final Answer- Yes! Just the graphics and more bosses for more challenging experiences. That's all......

Nope

The story to this game was really poorly developed and isn't as popular as other FF's. Final Fantasy 7 anyone? haha

Personally, In my humble opinion, I believe that we can see a prequel to FF8, but only because that they did it in FF7 (Crisis Core, IMO was actually the best thing in the FF7 compilation series.) and we might see a more in-depth story of Laguna Loire. A remake for the PS3 and XB360, would work well, especially with how FFXIII is shaping up to be. But a sequel is probably what killed FF7, FF10, (and possibly FF12), so I say negative for that one.

I echo what other people are saying: The game sets up for a pretty cool sequel: More on Laguna, Julia and the Esthar conflict, the creation of SeeD and past Lunar Crys. I also thought that this game could have been fleshed out a lot more politically: More on the Galbadian rise to power, and the invasion of Dollet. Squall and the gang could be nothing more than a side story for Laguna as he passes through the orphanage during a mission.

Along with the military/political aspect of the game, a nice mini-game would be a sort of revamped Fort Condor; a mini-RTS as it were, manage a Galbadian occupation of Trabia, or something. Just ideas

D4D

Only thing I'd like to see is maybe about Hyne, anything prior to any flashbacks we may have seen as Laguna, because we already know all about that sstuff. Maybe we could focus on the sepaating of Hyne, and where the hell his other half ran off to, who was the first sorceress after this, mauybe one of the Lunar Crys aswel. We coule learn about that Centra continent before it was ruiuned...?

I think it's open to a lot of possibilites for sequels, just nothing more

Well, in my opinion, Final Fantasy viii ended just peeerfectly! For the ones who actually played it deeply...a sequel wouldnt make sense right? they accomplished the Ultimate, (yet in vain, damn thats ironic, that's why i love it) task, there's nothing more extraordinary to be done...

What the fans are claiming though...is the story of laguna, elle, raine, juli, kiros, ward...better explained... maybe Square's maketer is reading this and saying: eh, these guys don't know what this buisiness is

Right?

Well, our answer are these posts, Almost 10 years after the 8th wonder of the world was released...the fans are still looking for other fans to share this story with. I think that FFVIII is also reborning a little now...i see movement in forums i havent seen before.

Square-Enix? What if you took the time to comunicate with our community? damn we'd love that, maybe you can get to an awsome conclusion eh? ^^ (maybe they are already, crap o_O)

Sooo....a movie with laguna and friends and elle's story...or a prequel (forget the sequel for gods sake xP) i think we would all love it right? Just make it worthy of FF8 magnitude...we know you can, we know you want to

The ending was great, but this game is amazing to me. I would love to see a movie or a prequel. The characters were exceptional. Who wouldn't want to see them in action? I thought the storyline was awesome because of the humor scenes, and it's my favorite game to date. If they remade it, I would definitely purchase it.

I would love to see a movie about the time between the lives of characters at the orphanage and their lives at the garden. Also I would like a remake for the DS just cuz that's the only console I own besides the PSone lol =)

I agree with everyone who said that they would like to see a prequel. I feel as though the ending was fairly cut and dry, so the only way to really explore FFVIII further would be through a prequel, seeing as there is so much back story that the game touches upon but could explore in more detail.

Last edited:
Well, in my opion ffviiis problem it was done too fast to catch viis success again. Like noone has time to develop and deep story, make it different and unique. seeds=soilders, sephiroth=ultimecia and so on you know. Yeah, im pretty agree squall was designed amazing and funblade was good idea, but this is not enough. Prequel.. i think crisis core already won, as for me cc is great prequel and viiis looks boring. Remade? Yeh, agree. But I think this time they should really take care of game, develop it even deeper (what was the romance between seifer and rinoa?) and of cuz delete/erase/whatever weird final boss =D So i think id better wait.. for ps4 you know. Yep its long to wait but i think theres full worth. Remade viii would look amazing (oh balamb garden, landscapes, ultmcs castle..everything! I think viii has most beautiful style futuristic and yet full of nature) may be they just should work with story a bit to make it more breathtaking u know) And only thing that scares me that i like the way leon looks more that squall in dissidia. is there reason to change hair?.. But I still find Tetsuyas original pencil drawning the best.. its best thing i ever seen really. Anyway... we will see guys

Last edited:
Back