Would you like to see a remake/another spinoff to this game?

Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Would you like to see another sequel to this game, or maybe a movie....or a prequel? Maybe you'd like to see it remade on any platform of your choice

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether?

Please remember no flaming, and people are allowed their own opinions, even if it seems like a stupid idea to you ^_^

I think it would be cool if they made a prequel of this game and Balthier being the main character,he seemed to have a past which was full of adventure,and he was the strongest character in the game(not physical strength but characterwise)

I think it would be cool if they made a prequel of this game and Balthier being the main character,he seemed to have a past which was full of adventure,and he was the strongest character in the game(not physical strength but characterwise)

No no, unlikely. If it focused on his time as a judge, relationship between Fran, and with his father, it might be half decent. If it was a game simply based on silly sky pirating adventures, it wouldnt be good. Like with RW, it was a bit...plop. Weak, unecessary storyline wise.

That being said...definite NO to any sequels/prequels...unless they really would give insight into events that were talked about in FFXII, but not really gone into depth.

If sequels/prequels would feature flimsy spinoffs like they did with VII, well, I'd cry :(

As I've said in so many threads before, I'm of the opinion that if you're so desperate not to have the story "ruined" then to simply not buy the game - don't ruin the prospect of another great game for the rest of us.

I would be interested in playing a game pertaining to Balthier's past and I'd like it to include more interaction with the Judges - I feel as though a great opportunity was over and done with rather quickly, in regards to them. We could see more of Doctor Cid and the Senate, as well as an epic new part to play for Balthier.

Way to soon in my opinion plus this is a pretty forgetable game as far as story line goes.

I mean I bought this game the day it came out, took my chracters to lvl 99 beat the game, and finished all I could do except for the Zodiak Spear.

The combat was amazing but the story line didn't tie together all the way. It was lacking in so many aspects, but all I can say is there wasn't much of a love story (which is aside from the norm). I have almost forgotten every aspect of the story now, and trust me I even remember FF I better than this one, so No on the remake.

I loved it for it's time, since it was another FF, but it would be unneccessary for SE to lose sales in a remake.

I think it would be cool and I'd buy it as well, but I also think that it would ruin XII. The only storyline I can see evolving out of XII's is with Balthier. The world is safe and all so there is no way they could continue that. I think the slightest chance at a sequel would get destroyed. As for a prequel, I could see that... Involving Balthier's past.

Absolutely not, nothing good ever comes of them. It lines SE fat wallets. All i want to see is the production of new FF titles. SE are incapable of making even a half decent sequel or prequel. FFVII is living proof of that.

Hmm I guess its true what the say about XII, you either a big fan of the game or hate it with every living fiber.

Anyway I think it would be a great idea if they had another game off XII, I like the idea of Balthiers' past and it being further explained. I would also like to see the Judges world explained further along with several other aspects being explained and played through. Another idea is being able to fight in the war that over took Nalbina and such and being able to see how Rabenaster was forced to surrender.

The sequel to this game is called 'Revenant Wings', on the DS.

And ye, I agree with 1EnjoiPanda7. I'll be interested to see a prequel in the shoes of one of the judges, telling their stories, and their experiences... It'll be interesting to be them for once.

Yes, similar thoughts here too! You cannot forget
Reddas
as Judge Magister Zecht, as he would be a very important character. As long as it didn't contain ridiculous filler material, then that would be ok. Keeping the Judges real names secrets unless discovered by a certain way maybe might be good as well, seeing as you do not know 4/5 JM's real names in XII.

Nah, I definitely think they should leave this game as it is. I mean I haven't played Revenant Wings yet, nor plan to anytime soon, but I believe that Square Enix should have just let the main game come out, and leave it as is.

Sure many people bashed this game for many reasons, but I loved it. However, there's only so much you can pack into a game, and I don't think FFXII had enough in it or has enough in it to try to pad in another game or to expand on it.

Bet my Judges idea though would have made a better spinoff then RW would ever be. >.>

I think this game should have a second part like final fantasy x-2.
New adventures whit Vaan and the others after a year. The game should add more magics techniks and equipment, more places quests items and espers and new stories and caracters.

Ain't Revenant Wings a spin-off? Well a remake which can make the story deeper and better and also with the old fighting system then I won't mind at all, and better monsters, I mean did you see what they did to my dear Malboro? :gasp: they made him tiny.

Nah, I definitely think they should leave this game as it is. I mean I haven't played Revenant Wings yet, nor plan to anytime soon, but I believe that Square Enix should have just let the main game come out, and leave it as is.

Sure many people bashed this game for many reasons, but I loved it. However, there's only so much you can pack into a game, and I don't think FFXII had enough in it or has enough in it to try to pad in another game or to expand on it.

I will second that though ;)

I just finished FFXII a couple of hours ago btw :woot:

The game is just so...so...FULL! You know what i mean.
There's no need for a spinoff in that game ;)
And Relevant Wings...? Meh :meh:

hello everyone nice to meet you my name devil_o0o_ksa iam 23 years old iam working with company playstation now lets talking about new of final fantasy i think the new characters i hope the game will be great ><><>

Lets keep the posts on topic eh? ;))

I somehow thought a spin-off would be okay. The Judges theme seemed like a really good idea. So much to talk about. But since the main story about the war is already over and done with in XII, I'd love to see perhaps storylines that allow us to get to know more about the characters. I don't rlly know Penelo much even after completing the game.

I liked the ending just the way it was. The only thing I'd like to see is Ashe and Balthier being together. But that's just me and my girly ways, and clearly not enough for me to actually want any spin-offs, sequals, etc

YES!!! YES YES YES YES!!!!!!! I want everything they got right from FFXII (battle, art, landscape,) and fix the things they got wrong with it (storyline, blah characters.) maybe put in the job system and incorporate it into the graph chart idea they had.

Back