Would you like to see a remake/another spinoff to this game?

I liked the idea that .Swift said about King Raithwall. It would be nice to know more about Ivalice's past and how they got to where they are now in FFXII.
I also wouldn't mind about the judges/balthier and Fran idea.

I cant see any good games coming from this one. The battle system was not very fun, and the characters were not all that amazing.

A remake? Heck no. This was the last FF game on the PS2, so plenty of graphical input was put into this game. I would expect a port in a decade or so when technology has become so advanced that you have PS2 game son the go or something xD

I haven't played the Revenant Wings spin-off taking place after the game, but I guess that quota was already been met ;D

Although I guess it would help if I actually beat FFXII one of these days >_<

Well they really stupped on this one!
A remake is usually a good idea, but in this case l think it would just remind us all of how truly terrible this game actually was.....I love bashing FFXII......Balthire as a judge is a great idea and unique to.

Kind of like, Dalmasca finds itself at the hands of new enemy, with arcadia weakened the tiny Nation founds a new league of judges led by former skypirate Balthier in defense of the kingdom........

All the gang can return except Vaan who was tragically killed because i said so!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! This had to be the dullest game in FF history. IMO the stoyline sucked. I will agree that it had allot of the qualities of some of the earlier games. Vaan, really? What was the point of him at all. I couldn't stand him or penelo. I would have been able to bare it if they made balthier a little more cocky and made him the leader/main charecter.
And can somebody please tell me why you had to grind for hours to be at the right levels? I like games like X where you can just fight the sinscales on the S.S. Winno for an hour and you would't have to grind for the rest of the game.

well id say if they made a spin off id probably play it
but Ive got FFXII:RW, and I couldn't bear playing it past an hour. its sooo bad.

but I thought id bring this up cuz I just saw it on the FFwiki
apperently they're putting out some sort of action game spinoff called Fortress
it takes place after RW

Maybe when the PS4 comes out. Otherwise, what would be the point? The graphics are good enough to still shine, and the battle/progression system is far from outdated.
Oh, and I frown upon spinoffs for FF. Crysis Core & Before Crysis were alright, but Square needs to be careful. Spin-offs can ruin a games image. For example, they killed megaman with the GBA.

yeah, well they've already dirtied their name with the sequel.
hardly anything is known about Fortress, im interested to see how it would turn out,
cense it's going to be an action game
Im sure they cant do any worse then Revenant Wings

There is already a comic book detailing some things that happened prior to the begining of XII, SO I can't see the need of a prequel.

hmmmm..
I am actually for a sequel.
There's a lot we don't know about the disaster that happened that wiped out the nonhumans.
and a lot we don't know about how the Lucavi, St Ajora and the Zodiac braves came to pass...
so a sequel filling in the gaps between FFXII and FF Tactics would be appropriate.

Whether we could trust Square to do it properly...without Matsuno who is the creator of Ivalice..remains to be seen though.

No, not really. It's not like I dislike the game or anything, I just really don't think there's a need for it to be remade. I mean, it was on the PS2 and the graphics were fine. It's not like it's an SNES game with 2-D graphics. As for another spin-off, i'm not for that either. Isn't RW enough? Honestly, I hated RW. D;

It wouldn't be remade.It would be a sequel.

and it would be on a PS3 or the PS3's replacement and not on a portable.

shrugs.

Doubt we'll see it anyway.

I really hope Fortress comes to pass. It needs to be officially announced.

Best case scenario is that Matsuno comes back to finish HIS story which was originally supposed to be in FFXII. He can make this game amazing by explaining the origins of auracite (I believe RW may have touched on this a bit though), by showing what the Lucavi and their relationship with the Espers were, what happened to the remaining Espers, etc.

I see immense potential in Fortress and if it gets scrapped forever than I will indeed be quite disappointed. Lest ye not forget that Matsuno is returning for the Tactics Ogre remake. This could be a fresh start of relations between Square and Matsuno.

Nope.

It was a horrible game with a awful story that was boring. I had to force myself to play through it because it drug so badly. None of the characters were interesting, well Ashe was sorta, but they didn't focus on her enough.

If it was based around Ashe as a main character and they fixed the battle system then I might change my mind, but I doubt that'll happen.

Not really a need to remake this game, the graphics are great, the story was great, but it did however lack Character development, but thats not really a reason to remake a game, I would love a PS3 spin-off though, I love this game and its characters, I want more.

I don't think it was a case of the characters lacking development, but rather that FFXII was a tad more serious and in depth in subtle ways in terms of its storyline. I can honestly say that the game was almost perfect in my eyes - it is exactly what I want out of an RPG.

Naturally there is room for improvements as with anything, but as a fan of Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics I felt right at home.

XII was a lot more mature than past Final Fantasies. That's why the majority don't like it. They find it boring.

I found the game rather exciting, and the battle system was top notch. The world is huge and is probably THE biggest world map on any Final Fantasy.

Does it need a remake/spinoff? Remake no, though an HD touch up would be really nice. Spinoff, sure, as long as the battle system and characters are kept largely the same. I want to see Vaan, Balthier, Bausch, Ashe, Fran, Penelo, Larsa, etc and their new adventures after they won.

yeah i think i would like to see a spin off, especially if it were to be about the dynast king how he got to where he was.

Back