Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

Bambi

Dark Knight
Veteran
Gil
FFXIV
Bambi Branford
FFXIV Server
Lamia
Would you like to see another sequel to this game, or maybe another movie....or a prequel?

Discuss your thoughts, what you would like/dislike, or do you think that it should be left alone altogether? Do you think the game has been ruined with all it's spin offs, or are they good additions?

Please remember no flaming, and people are allowed their own opinions, even if it seems like a stupid idea to you ^_^

No, I do not and quite personally I think they should stop. I do not believe that they should keep doing this to such a wonderful even if it was a best seller. Final Fantasy 7 is wonderful game on its own but when you add too many sequels, prequels and interquels that completely screw up the already impressive plot, you kind of end up with a big mess that will alienate some fans of the game decades especially if they give us crappy controls and a story similar to what I can already see in most shonen manga. I had seen my fair share of shonen manga and that is where FF7 is headed well, I will not buy another game even if pleases FF7 fans who want to see Cloud and his entourage in thrilling 3D fighting Safer Sephiroth in 3D.

The franchise needs to be left alone and why not take more risks with more original FF games and/or spinoffs. We need other equally fun and groundbreaking game from Square Enix and leave FF7 in its place in history. I know they are company and the purpose of any business/organization is make profits but leave FF7 alone alright. We don't need another Genesis Rhapsodos who leads a whatever group in FF7 universe with stunning PS3 graphics and just create more FFs like you use to, man.

im not sure however there is a high probablilty that there will

if you complete final fantasy with all the G-files you see a hidden ending where you see G who has a wing like sephtiroths but on the opposite side

so chances are their planning a game with him in it, either than or a very big cliffhanger

Meh... I won't mind either way. I mean, at this time, I'm quite satisfied with the way it's going, and it implies more after DC with Weiss and Genesis... but Genesis is just a Gary-Sue... My friends are not happy with Gackt who it is modeled after. They think (and after playing CC, I'm inclined to agree) All that Gackt did was buy his way into the series. The CGI modeling is after him (at the time), a custom outfit made, motion capture, Voice in CC and in the hidden ending of DC. Theme songs...

need I say more?

In short, I truly don't mind... but I can live with out it. I'm very happy with what's out, with the exception of the English Translation of BC, so why rock the boat?

I think the should make a Sequel, I mean square Enix left it off for one! If they don't, the secret ending in Dirge of Cerberbus, would be kind of pointless... you know?

So, They should make a sequel! :) If they didn't it would just seem unfinished forever.

Last edited:
They're really only using the spin-offs just for the cash - not to continue or explain anything. They should stop, it's just making the story even MORE confusing and it's too much to handle by including and making more characters.

They should just end it by remaking FFVII or by stopping all together.

They're really only using the spin-offs just for the cash

Like SE needs anymore money.

I think they should just quit with the spin offs already it's getting too much, AC was fine but the others weren't really necessary..
I wouldn't mind seeing a remake but even then I'm supporting it fully.
I'd rather they just left VII alone.

They need to make another one to avoid an eternal cliffhanger with Genesis and Weiss' little shindig after Dirge, but that one should be the grand finale, ending in an epic battle with Genesis, Weiss and Cloud teamed up against a Sephiroth who is finally going all out against them. Have Sephiroth die(for real this time) to avoid any loose ends and don't introduce any new threats, and we'll be good to go.

No no no good God, no. They need to just wrap it up and let this poor story be put to rest already. They've already pushed the characters past their limits, fans are getting exhausted of seeing Cloud and Sephiroth over and over again. We need something else asides from new FFVII stuff all the time. They screwed up the original story with Crisis Core, granted I did enjoy the game, they still messed a lot of things up. If they make anything else, I fear for the original game as well.

I think instead of pushing the Cloud and Sephiroth rivalry over and over for another game they should focus on other characters and give them more highlight time or instead they should show Hojo's past, on how did SOLDIER start etc. Or focusing more in showing the past, not keep going forever with Cloud VS Sephiroth, its starting to be boring.

But I would go for Genesis, Weiss, Cloud and Sephiroth... all included and make something totally different, like somehow Sephiroth losed all his memories, toughts and start everything anew as other person.

It happened with some characters in other games, why not in this one?

Oh god.... please no more spinoffs. You are tarnishing the reputation of the first game with every extra game you make of it. Yes it was a great game that sold amazingly, but there is no need to milk it dry or else it will turn into the star wars series. There are so many games based on FFVII out right now, that it could have it's own series by now.

As for movies... advent children wasn't that bad really. It wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. The thing is that they actually put a decent amount of work into it... and the fact that it was a movie. They didn't just throw the first thing off the top of their heads into game form and market it as a spinoff to FFVII.

I'm indifferent. But it does seem like every new spinoff that comes out has another retcon in it, so I can understand why some fans are starting to feel alienated. Not so much because it's being milked, but because it's being slowly melded into something different. That's how it seems to me anyway. It doesn't bother me personally that much, though. As long as it's fun to play.

If they do make another FFVII/FFVII based game, I think it should be just a full-on remake, staying true to the original story but utilizing all the new gaming technology out today (and updating the old battle system and overal just polishing the game play). I think that would be the best route if they must, because anyone who doesn't like the idea can simply ignore it. It wouldn't introduce any new plot points like a spinoff or sequel would, so it would be easier to just ignore if you don't like it.

Eh, I'm kinda done seeing the spinoffs of this game. I hope IF they do remake 7, they let it go and be done with it.

I would actually like to see a remake of Final Fantasy VII for the PlayStation 3 (please no xbox 360 crap!). As for a sequel to Dirge of Cerberus, I would love to see a game that made use of every resource that Square Enix has at their disposal. I'm talking about making a game that looks like Advent Children did while you're playing it, not one that cuts away to an FMV that makes the gameplay graphics look like crap. A game that has a long story to it, one that would challenge the capacity of Sony's Blu-Ray, storage and imagery wise. It would have to have a story that took place over the course of at least a year, with Cloud fighting Genisis (I would love to see that!).

Also it should take place a couple of years ahead of Dirge of Cerberus, with some of the characters being more mature (Yuffie), or having moved on (Vincent, and to a lesser extent Cloud). Perhaps the Shira Electric Power Company could return, afterall Rufus and the Turks are still around, and Barret found an oil field during Advent Children, so he could've partnered with Shinra. Maybe Cloud could be an actual SOLDIER First Class this time. Just some food for thought.

Not really. Though I would love to see a remake of VII!

Last edited:
Not really.I just want a remake of the original.
And what's with all this new characters involving into the storyline?

There will be more installments in the Compilation Of FF7, and I'm glad. Unlike some, I think that the Compilation has improved the legacy of the original. It's been milked, but that's fine if done correctly, which it has been. I look forward to a bright future for the Compilation.

i think crisis core was a good idea for a prequal, and helped me understand the story more in deph and nicely leads onto ffvii. Last order is a nice anime i felt, that gives you a breif idea of CC. but i think that is all you need for prequals. As for the sequals, although i thought advent children was ok, I also frankly dont see the point of it, and doesn't enhance the FFVII storyline. I simply feel that instead of the money invested in this sequal should have been a film or anime of the game itself

Last edited:
(sorry im on my psp which only lets me write so much)
I've not played the Vincent game, but mainly because, I just didnt see point of it.
I dont know why they put there time and money into a sequal staring an unlockable charector, who has no real importance to the original game. However I do supose Vincent has become an almost cult with some fans, So they knew it would make money.
but to wrap this up I think no more, if they want more money from it, I think they should just do a remake for PS3.

Back