Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

Direct sequel?

Who else would want a direct sequel? I think it would be great, just what the VII universe needs! It should probably be made after the VII remake though.

I don't mean a spinoff or a movie or something equally as unsatisfying. I mean another RPG game with the same character's and maybe some new one's. As for the plot, i think i would super face palm a bit if sephiroth returned again, at least straight away and mindlessly. Unless they can think of a very clever and unpredictable way for him to return in the middle of the game then i think (as awesome as he is) there should be a new villan.

Thought's?

This would be a pretty good idea IF AND ONLY IF they can come up with as good of a story line as the first. I would also think the main boss this should be Jenova in the flesh, a walking talking version out to revenge her son with some help of Hojo's illigimate son. This giving the group a reason to get back togather and introduce some new characters whom want to kill hojo's blood line for what he's done to family members in his experiments that his son took over after he died

Frankly? Do Not Want. Advent Children was a direct sequel to FFVII, and if it had been a game it would have sucked just as much as it did as a movie. The fact that it has no real plot beyond some badly explained disease and manufactured angst pretty much says it all - Square ran out of ideas for FFVII. VII was epic as a stand alone game and everything else following it is just going to disappoint. I really doubt they could come up with anything that wasn't just a poorly done rehash: How much more saving the world can one cast of characters do? And as for new characters, why? The originals are what made FFVII great, why not just look forward to the new FF games? We've had the original, two sequels and two prequels, as well as a crapload of novellas, I think that's adequate (think of all the people who's favourites don't get additions) The only thing I would say, is that SE focus too much on the boring fan favourites amongst the FFVII cast, and I would like to see some of the underrated guys get some attention for a change.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Demaris on this one. It'd be stupid for them to create a direct sequel. It'd have to take place within the two years after meteorfall and all that really took place within that time was fixing up Midgar, creating Edge and building that city, the geostigma, Cloud beginning his delivery service, eventually buying a motorcycle, pining over Aerith, then finding Denzel and later contracting the geostigma himself. It'd make absolutely no sense to see a direct sequel to this game because there would be no story or plotline to it and no bad guys to fight, etc...because Sephiroth didn't return until the end of AC if you remember. Advent Children WAS the sequel, it was just wasn't a game and it'd be quite stupid and silly to turn AC into a game. -_- IMO

I wouldn't mind a sequel along as it was a labour of love and not fan service. There's definitely untapped potential for a FFVII sequel. I'm not as well-educated with FFVII's storyline as some of the other long-standing members on this forum are but if there are things in the story that would make making a sequel hard then they could simply retcon parts of the original story, to fit in with the new storyline they wanted to create. Not a hard thing to do and I doubt many FFVII fans would particularly care or notice. There's no question that the original development team for FFVII should retain overall creative control over a sequel though (if one were made).

Last edited:
... Let's not and say we didn't.

AC wasn't all that great, so what makes you think a direct sequel in game version would be better? I think they should just work on making new better games, as good as FFVII was. They've already milked it for all it was worth and we don't need anymore FFVII sequels. DoC wasn't great, nor was AC, so I'd rather they just left it at this. I wouldn't mind a PSP remake, although... Just no more sequels, please.

I wouldn't mind a smaller-scale story that involved some new characters either surviving the onslaught that is VII, the aftermath of same, or even some time after the whole deal. The settings are fantastic, and could be used for many great stories. But a direct sequel with these characters? No. The only thing they could really do is bring Cloud and Tifa together, and they obviously have decided against it.

why can people not let this game die in peace.It has been reanimated over and over.It had a good run,but good things must come to an end.Let the next gen games come in a dazzle us,not some spin-off to a should be dead game

Personally I've had enough of all these Final Fantasy VIIs. I don't really need to say much- as most have already been said. The cow has been squeezed too much- no more milk will come out! The cow is left dried up and close to death now, which is what should happen to the VII compilation. No more story can be squeezed from it!

Don't get me wrong. Final Fantasy VII is one of my favourite games ever, and Crisis Core is my best PSP game as of now, but I want something new. Hopefully the Fabula Nova Crystallis compilation will be my solution to that.

Genesis is still alive though, another game does look inevitable though.............. as long as it isn't another movie or anime series, I'll probably breathe easier.

THE ANSWER IS NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want them to quit screwing around and go ahead and remake the game already XD
I mean what else can Cloud do??

Who else would want a direct sequel? I think it would be great, just what the VII universe needs! It should probably be made after the VII remake though.

I don't mean a spinoff or a movie or something equally as unsatisfying. I mean another RPG game with the same character's and maybe some new one's. As for the plot, i think i would super face palm a bit if sephiroth returned again, at least straight away and mindlessly. Unless they can think of a very clever and unpredictable way for him to return in the middle of the game then i think (as awesome as he is) there should be a new villan.

Thought's?
i think a great sequel,would be to doc,where genesis flys away and crap,but if sephi came back,he would be a good guy,mainly because he wouldve met vincent,and vincent wouldve explained about lucrecia,and then genesis would have found a way to create a genetic alteration of the original jenova,then somewhere mid game genesis and jenova would haveb combined to create jenovasis,or some other name thats way better than that,and the way sephi would have came back is an experiment that lucrecia had done,creating a clone of sephiroth from his blood and her genetic code,and they on the way to finding genesis,they would have met new characters,like cyris kaiser,who is a dragoon in training and is looking for the ultima dragon so that he can claim the right as the dragoon paladin,the ultima dragon being a powerful monster of legend,and a darknight who only gos by the name dusk,but turns out to really be a prince of some kingdom,but hates his past because he only got by because his fater was a king,and many other characters,like nanakis dad finally breaking free from his stone imprisonmentand at the end,a chocobo transforms into optimous prime and savbes the day,:tard:

Absolutely not, essentially Square Enix have killed the FFVII compilation through their milking of it, the games set in place at the moment and even Advent Children are half decent at least so it's not necessary to add an extra title to the compilation, FFVII has just been released on PSN so I don't see what else people want >.> I'd rather have them work on FFXIII games to be honest.

I don't want them to make another spinoff; the game's plotline has been done and set already. But I WOULD like them to remake it for the PS3; I think I would buy the system for the game alone.

There is going to be one unavoidable sequel coming this way due to the secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus where Genesis returns. Since Genesis is degrading and needs the Sephiroth cells in Cloud to stop his degradation... you know he's going to go after Cloud.

I do not, however, want Cloud to be the hero of the next game nor Vincent. Pass the torch to Denzel and let him get his place. Let him, Shelke and Marlene get their spotlight. Maybe throw Barret and Red XIII as mains in it. But Cloud and the rest should be left out as PCs.

That's my opinion on the matter.

denzel would wield a rubber chicken,the ultimate weapon,and i thought my idea was pretty good too,can somebody please mention that

i think a great sequel,would be to doc,where genesis flys away and crap,but if sephi came back,he would be a good guy,mainly because he wouldve met vincent,and vincent wouldve explained about lucrecia,and then genesis would have found a way to create a genetic alteration of the original jenova,then somewhere mid game genesis and jenova would haveb combined to create jenovasis,or some other name thats way better than that,and the way sephi would have came back is an experiment that lucrecia had done,creating a clone of sephiroth from his blood and her genetic code,and they on the way to finding genesis,they would have met new characters,like cyris kaiser,who is a dragoon in training and is looking for the ultima dragon so that he can claim the right as the dragoon paladin,the ultima dragon being a powerful monster of legend,and a darknight who only gos by the name dusk,but turns out to really be a prince of some kingdom,but hates his past because he only got by because his fater was a king,and many other characters,like nanakis dad finally breaking free from his stone imprisonmentand at the end,a chocobo transforms into optimous prime and savbes the day,:tard:
That entire stream may have been salvageable had you not thrown in this completely and utterly ridiculous statement, completely disregarding the fact the spelling/grammar (or lack of) made me want to choke a Jewish kitten with my bare hands. And...Jenovasis? What, will they do FUSION-HA! while they're at it? I'd absolutely looooove to see that. Dragonball Z mixed with Final Fantasy...*shudders*
Well, that's my opinion on your idea.

:wtf: Huh?

:wtf: Huh?
Ignore it. It makes no real sense, so don't try and understand it.
Now, does anyone have anything comprehensible to say? I still believe Virde's idea that Denzel should have a turn around was neat. But would it be an RPG, or more like DoC, or...? The developing would need consideration.

Back