Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

I know this is probably going to piss majority off who are tired of seeing so many FFVII games and media and having to shell out money just to understand it, but yes, I do want see another spin-off.

The main reason being that secret ending of Dirge of Cerberus leaves a HUGE gaping plot hole. You can't have the over all FFVII story end
where Genesis is alive and well and flies off with his little brother to plan more devious crap to shell out >_>

As well, since seeing the Case of Denzel novella animated, that sort of gives the desire to see the other novellas animated as well.

I personally thought that the Final Fantasy VII Compilation was somewhat disappointing. We got a CGI movie with a lacking story (good fight scenes though!), a PSP hack n' slash game, a mobile game that could only be played if you had enough money to afford a decent mobile phone, a rip-off of the snowboarding mini-game on mobile, and a very average PS2 shooter. My opinion may not be genuine, as I am judging this from the reviews I have read and from what footage I have seen from these games (apart from Advent Children which I have on DVD), but I feel that FFVII deserved more than this. The effort put into these games could have been used for the remake!

So, yeah, no more spin-offs! A remake, please!

Last edited:
no, its an excellent game but i fear that if they continue to add to it they're going to ruin it :/Iv always thought that a remake would be cool, but then again they might change it too much and it would end up being dissapointing.

only several ff games have spinoffs,such as ff vii,ff xii,and idk if you want to call the nova crystallis final fantasy xiii series a spinoff,but what makes more fan of ff vii is the spinoffs,so,i would want more,besides,dont you guys think it would be cool to play through others stories of famous characters,like nanaki,or barret,no,on second thought ill rethink that,but it would be cool for a new spinoof of what happened before cc,if you played as angeal,because a lot was unsaid,:tard:

Nope i wud hate it, because very one likes FFVII, why i don't know but FFVIII And FFIX is WAY better then FFVI

Depends on what they spin off of, i would love to see a game where we play threw as sephiroth and see what happened to him in the past and why he did what he did.

i admit after playing the game, there isn't really any other PS game like it, it doesn't really seem all that spectcular to me and t be honest, I don't why it is all that popular. I guess it is because of the reason I stated earlier but still FFVII wile a good game s somewhat overrated.

Good lord no. No more FFVII spinoffs. I want them to either remake the damn thing, or leave it alone now.

It's getting really tiring to see new things added to the plot, so people start getting confused if they haven't played game a or watched anime x. It's really irritating.

FFVII was a brilliant stand-alone game. They're not going to recreate that magic with any half-assed spinoff. Either remake the game, or leave it alone, in my opinion. There's only so much you can do with the same cast of characters.

Sadly though we know it's gunna happen, look at the secret ending of DoC, and Genesis beinging taken away in Crisis Core too

I dont think it's over by a long shot ....

....sadly, il fucking buy them all , as much as I dont want sequels and shit it's like...an addiction :wacky:

Addiction.....well to me it's not addiction it is super fandom i love the whole ffvii series and even if they try to screw up the whole game i dont care i will get them all movies included!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly though we know it's gunna happen, look at the secret ending of DoC, and Genesis beinging taken away in Crisis Core too

I dont think it's over by a long shot ....

....sadly, il fucking buy them all , as much as I dont want sequels and shit it's like...an addiction :wacky:

What if the creators decided to make this a first? They might have just put the ending like that to signify good guys finish last? It's only a thought but I'm curious now. If so, then it'll be a first for rpg gaming I think.
Ahh you're a collector I see. Nice. I don't have enough money to keep up with FF7 lol. I'll just watch playthroughs on youtube.

What if the creators decided to make this a first? They might have just put the ending like that to signify good guys finish last? It's only a thought but I'm curious now. If so, then it'll be a first for rpg gaming I think.
Ahh you're a collector I see. Nice. I don't have enough money to keep up with FF7 lol. I'll just watch playthroughs on youtube.

Well for our sake, lets hope not otherwise that would be a sappy ending. I don't believe they would do that, only because SE is like any other company they want to make as much money out of a product as they can. So I see this becoming another spinoff whatever way we look like it.

I just hope the next one will be the finishing step. I don't know how much I can take, its almost like it is playing head games with me. I love the characters, love the plots I have seen in the past, but seriously. Let's just call it what it is, and finish the damn franchise of FFVII.

FFVII was one of those games where the genius was in how you interpreted the story, it really captured your imagination. Some of the theories people came up with about the plot, characters, symbolism and the meaning of the game were just as grand as the actual storyline. Even the gaping plot holes and inconsistencies fuelled interesting debates. Unfortunately, every time the game is milked, it loses some of the magic it once had, and the new canon is not a patch on the theories, and even some of the fanfiction I've read.

It's getting to the stage now where SE are shoving in new characters to try and drag the franchise along (Genesis' spinoff anyone? And OMG Denzel is the new Cloud!!!) or even prettying up existing titles! This pretty much tells me that FFVII has gone as far as it can. Can anyone really see another "The planet is in danger and Cloud and company must rush in and save the day" scenario? I can't. AC made it pretty clear that the FFVII guys are now old fogies who have to retire (but will occasionally show up and do a lame Captain Planet act) and the new characters in the compilation have zero charm, charisma, not to mention point - so I'm all for ending it now...before we get a story about Genesis, Minerva or the Deepground crew. Ugh. Remake it, or STFU Square.

FFVII was one of those games where the genius was in how you interpreted the story, it really captured your imagination. Some of the theories people came up with about the plot, characters, symbolism and the meaning of the game were just as grand as the actual storyline. Even the gaping plot holes and inconsistencies fuelled interesting debates. Unfortunately, every time the game is milked, it loses some of the magic it once had, and the new canon is not a patch on the theories, and even some of the fanfiction I've read.

It's getting to the stage now where SE are shoving in new characters to try and drag the franchise along (Genesis' spinoff anyone? And OMG Denzel is the new Cloud!!!) or even prettying up existing titles! This pretty much tells me that FFVII has gone as far as it can. Can anyone really see another "The planet is in danger and Cloud and company must rush in and save the day" scenario? I can't. AC made it pretty clear that the FFVII guys are now old fogies who have to retire (but will occasionally show up and do a lame Captain Planet act) and the new characters in the compilation have zero charm, charisma, not to mention point - so I'm all for ending it now...before we get a story about Genesis, Minerva or the Deepground crew. Ugh. Remake it, or STFU Square.

I'm with you on that one. FF7 was better off with the whole mysterious part to it. Some parts of the stories had gaps and it had me thinking a lot. What happened to those days?

Well for our sake, lets hope not otherwise that would be a sappy ending. I don't believe they would do that, only because SE is like any other company they want to make as much money out of a product as they can. So I see this becoming another spinoff whatever way we look like it.

I just hope the next one will be the finishing step. I don't know how much I can take, its almost like it is playing head games with me. I love the characters, love the plots I have seen in the past, but seriously. Let's just call it what it is, and finish the damn franchise of FFVII.

Yeah you're probably right. Speaking from a logical perspective, that makes the utmost sense.

Mod Edit

Don't forget to use that edit button so as not to double post, ta ;))

I would like a remake becuase I didn't have a chance to play the original... But I would like it for either the wii PS2 Xbox360 GameCube or DSi. (that way we could take screeshots and insert our voice instead of the characters (battle cries and such.))

Im more inclined to say hoarder than collector...nowait, addict..I just...can't help myself xD

I think....and don't quorte me on this, I have sunstroke and could be delusional, but isn't the FVII compilation a 20 year project? So like, we have another 10 or so years of filsm and spin offs to come

FFVII:The Sims - Nursing home edition

Another spinoff? Hasn't Square Enix milked that to death already?

As much as I love FFVII, the game has been getting far too much attention. The magic from the original will fade away if they keep doing this. However, I wouldn't mind it too much if it's very well made. If Square Enix managed to pull that off, then I guess it'll be nice to see one more. But, really, other than that, no more spinoffs. Square Enix must focus their attention elsewhere (FFXIII).

Back