Would you like to see another spinoff to this game?

fanboy

would love to see a game with IDK, a world map, random encounters, new characters, New enemies, and with Genisis as the main hero. Now that would be a good game. Think about it, wouldn't you love to go to cosmo caynon with Red XIII as leader and not have him join. Or say Wutati where you can talk to yuffie and maybe have a mission from her but she does NOT join the party. That would be cool to me. Seeing Genisis walk around in the FF7 world map would be cool. Maybe its just me.

Not really, just a remake of the original should be enough.
They involved many new character which has nothing to do with the game and started ruining it, it's really annoying.

agreed...new characters would realllly ruin the original game. If they stuck to the same storyline but much much much much more in depth of the storyline, than it'll be worth getting 3 copies. Adding with that, emotions of the face have ALOT to with how the game and character feels(play ffx), imagine FF-X with graphics like FF8/9. I think it'll be a challenge but I'd seriously but 3 copies...for real...

I couldn't care less any more. The way I see it, SE butchered and raped the FFVII universe of all the dignity and integrity that the original story once had. DoC just had to come along and introduce, Weiss and Genesis which now means that the doors are open to more and more spinoff's and sequels and Crisis Core rewrote the Nibelheim incident so it is now complete trash.

So all I can say now is, bring on the sequals and spinoffs, the story of the FFVII universe is beyond repair anyway. I will just do my best to ignore any of the ridiculous shit they come up with and try to see the original game as the only REAL story of FFVII.

But with that said, I will probably end up buying whatever they come up with next.

Actualy Last Order rewrote the Nibelheim incident first. Personaly I didn't have a problem with Crisis Core. I thought it was nicely done. I don't care for Dirge of Cerberus though since I detest first person shooters. I actualy look forward to seeing where they go with Nero, Weiss and Genesis.

Well, this is an interesting question given that so many spinoffs and remakes have been made bearing the FFVII name. With a classic such as this one has to be really careful lest he/she summons the anger of its fanbase. I wouldn't be contrary to making a sequel mind you so long as it repspects the bar set by the first one. I'd make a sequel with the exact same gaming system but I wouldn't know what story to tell, I'm not even sure Advent children would make a good game since it made (in my opinion) an excellent movie, I'd say this one be left to the fans to decide wouldn't you?

here's what I think. To appease the fans, remake ff7, add in all of the ellaborated on details, and throw in one extra, really really bad ass character who is in the game but only for a few parts.

Next. Wrap up the cliffhanger for DoC with an actual sequel to FF7, with said extra bad ass character in storyline. Then, have Genesis get killed off somewhere in middle of said sequel (finally gackt is dead forever) and have cloud kill sephiroth by himself at the end of sequel like the uber-badass soldier he is.

At least that'll end the argument, end the series, and most importantly, woo all of us starving foolish FF fans with pretty lights and cool features that will make FF7 go down in history as cooler than DBZ (for once. I'm personally getting sick of goku pwning everything in sight, aren't you?)

But in truth, this is already what square plans to do. So, all you FF7 fans out ther go on ahead and complain about how they're only doing it for money, because that's a load of crock. The guys behind the game are already set anyway, and to boot, they don't even get most of the money anyway, the publishers do. The fact that all of those people wanted to put what they did with theff7 spinoffs into one game originally just makes my head hurt (hence the lack of ellaboration in spite of all the cameos that made no sense in the original game).

So, if you really want to know for yourself, watch the interviews of the creators of the game, learn all of their little "hints", and logic will only point you in one direction. At most, they'll make a movie, a remake, and one final game over the next ten years, by which time most of us will be in our thirties. They just love the fans that much.

So yeah... lining their pockets with money? He... just talk to microsoft. They just signed a secret contract with square, and they've already put some games on the 360 anyway. "NO WAY" you say? "THAT DOESN"T MEAN FF ON XBOX? YOU MEAN BESIDES AN EVERQUEST_ESQUE FFXI?"

Yes folks, that's exactly what I mean. Boy does it pay to be able to know people in the industry.

i think they should since the secret ending to DoC was a huge cliffhanger
i think sephiroths gone for good, and geneis will be the main villain. all of the OG charcters will be playable, and tons of gameplay and story :D

i think they should since the secret ending to DoC was a huge cliffhanger
i think sephiroths gone for good, and geneis will be the main villain. all of the OG charcters will be playable, and tons of gameplay and story :D

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe they should just make a good old fashioned tb rpg focus on a different time or maybe take on the role of the turks!! which would be interesting to say the least!

Well I'd say the original game is better than all of its spin-offs, but I'm really glad that there are these spin-offs. They keep you connected with the original game...and that's really nice lol (so dorky). anyways after i beat ff8 (my first final fantasy) i had this really empty feeling inside cuz i didn't want to leave all the characters that I had grown attached to, but with ff7 there are two books to read, a movie to watch, and more games to play...it's so awesome!! i'm just hoping they'll never run out but eventually they will but i'll have moved on from the original game by then =)

Please no, no more. Square Enix needs to get back to where their new mainstream FF games are decent again before they go back and make sequels/prequels.

If they keep pumping out games with only half decent plots and underdeveloped characters like this then you can probably expect any new sequels/prequels to be the same. >_>

And when the do clean up their act, I'd rather they give VII a rest for a while, maybe work on a compilation for another game.

First and foremost, I WANT A REMAKE. I want a completely digitally remastered FFVII. I want graphics like you would see now-a-days, with the same setup and scheme that we love with FFVII.

Secondly, I don't mind what they do. I couldn't wait to get Advent Children, so much that I pre-ordered it. However, it was a bit of a disappointment.. It was kind of pointless, and kind of confusing. Rather than create a "sequel" to the game in a movie, I wish they would have just turned FFVII into a movie.

Crisis Core is a good game. It gives you the story pre-FFVII. I haven't beaten it, but I think it's great.

I would like to see a sequel, but not like Advent Children. I want more of the story. What exactly happens after Sephiroth. I want Cloud and all the guys back, perhaps to partake on a new mission. It would be nice if they would remake VII, and then have VII-2 for the same system. I doubt that will ever happen though, so for now it will all just be a dream. :(

I'd like to see some more of it, yes. I'm a sucker for Final Fantasy VII what can I say. ^^;

I'd like some prequels, prologue's, another movie, remake of the VII with the better graphics, everything. *maybe a small AMV with Cloud and Tifa and a nice snuggly make out mood* rofl. *Smacks self*

Nah, but... Even though I'd like it, I also love it they way it is right now. ^^

I think that a REMAKE of the game on the Playstation 3 could be interesting. No editing in the story or theme songs. Just remaking it and make it with better graphics. Like, Advent Children graphics. Making a sequel could ruin the game. That is, my opinion.

i wouldn't mine them making a spin off of ff7 but with the story revovling around cid highwind. he should get his own game, he's the best final fantasy character ever. they could make one of him before joining cloud them(might be a little boring) or one after the end of 7 with a new threat and have all the old character either getting caught and cid has to save them, or they all could just turn chicken and don't wanna face the new threat leaving cid having to form his own team to save the world. that would be fuln

I think a series of shorts like Last Order would be a good idea. A bit like Ani_matrix series.

Showing various aspects of the FFVII universe in different time lines.

Like Barrets past with Coral maybe showing him losing his arm and such.

Maybe showing the Cetra and the war against Jenova.

And maybe something to show minor characters throughts throughout incidents of the original game like meteor fall.

Red XIII in the future protecting his tribe.

Aslong as they keep them short and dont add loop holes into the story this could work.

No i think the spin off's have conered enough of FFVII For now if there going to do another Spin Off they should wait another 3/4 Years

Nope.

Not at all. The compilation stuff was fun to play, but it messed with the origional story line too much.
I did enjoy CC, but I refuse to accept the introduction of Genesis and Angeal. Gackt has no place in FF.
The whole Deep Ground thing was annoying too.
The trouble with the compilation stuff was that they didn't keep the atmosphere of FFVII and the feeling it gave you.
The only thing that I would reccomend is The Last Order, even though some of the details of the story where messed with (for example, the way Sephiroth is defeated by Cloud inside the Mount Nibel Reactor).
I didn't really enjoy the OTWTAS books either, to me, they had nothing to offer to the FFVII world.

Over all, it's a "No more for me please" from me.

Last edited:
i would say no... but they probably WILL make one D: squeeze as much money as they can out of the FF7 series

Back