Last Manga You Read

Oyasumi Punpun.

It's an odd drama/comedy about a young boy named Punpun learning about life. The oddest thing about this manga is that Punpun and his family are all depicted as what looks like poorly drawn birds, but everyone else in the manga are normal human beings. No one seems to notice this oddity, though. However, this is not a kid's manga as it has a lot of swearing and sexual scenes.

This manga reminds me of Welcome to the NHK in that it is a very depressing manga, and just when characters seem to find happiness, something goes wrong, and they fall into even deeper despair.

That would be the latest chapter of Naruto. It should have been the latest chapter of Bleach, but for this time, I started out by reading Bleach first, so Naruto became the last Manga I read. lol.

The story development for Naruto is starting to get interesting, and I seem to be able to see it's possible ending now, with the appearance of the apparent main villain- which I hope they will fight as soon as possible. It gets boring after a while, I suppose.

Shinobi Life...Romantic, Comedy and funny as hell!

The introduction:

Many, many years ago, a ninja named Kagetora devoted his life to protecting Princess Beni (”Beni-Hime”). Unfortunately, they were attacked and Kagetora was flung into a lake, and sank to the bottom… And is somehow warped to the future where he sees the princess Beni being kidnapped.
Little does Kagetora know that Beni is not the real princess, but rather her descendant. Beni, on the other hand, thought that Kagetora was just a cosplayer. Beni, the daughter of a rich man has already been kidnapped a hundred times already... But fear not because Kagetora is here. Will Kagetora be able to go back to the past, or will he remain by Beni’s side forever?

You can find it here >>>> www.onemanga.com/shinobi_life

I've been reading Fruits Basket a little at a time. It's long...but really good. I'm always interested to see if Tohru will meet a new Zodiac member, how she'll deal with some problem that might come her way. Plus I think the inner story has barely even been revealed yet. The comedy is also hilarious, which is a big plus.

I also read a little Rurouni Kenshin for nostalgia. Ahh...the good ol' days.

Godchild.

I LOVE the art and Gothic scenery for this manga. Every single picture to me is beautiful and the Gothic Lolita style is everywhere in the manga. The chapters have sick and twisted story lines, mysteries, murders and of course one of the saddest endings I have ever read. So yeah, I'm reading it over again. Count Cain = ♥

Angel Densetsu

Truly a story about not judging a book by it's cover. This manga is about a high school student, Kitano Seiichiro, whose heart is warm and kind like an angel's, but his face looks like that of a devil. After transferring into a new high school, he gets into misunderstanding after misunderstanding because of his face (and also because of his own obliviousness) until he becomes known as his high school's strongest and most scariest person; the leader of the delinquents. The manga usually goes along at a humorous pace with a little bit of fighting spread throughout. One of the downsides to this manga is the art. It's not very appealing, but just as with Kitano, don't let the looks keep you away from this manga. It was an enjoyable manga overall, and I was sad to see it end.

The art in the later chapter of this manga are very similar to that of the manga, Claymore, as this is an earlier work by the same manga-ka.

Claymore

The latest chapter have just came out today on OneManga.

This story tells a tale in a medieval fantasy world. In this world, there are monsters known as Yomi that roams the lands, plaguing villages and cities, and killing innocent citizens. To counter them, a mysterious organisations creates this special group of soldiers named Claymores, after the weapon of the same name that they wield.

The story follows the story of one particular Claymore, Claire, who is bent on seeking revenge for a friend of hers. As she embarks on this path, the dark truth about the organisation, the origins of the Yomi is slowly unveiled.

At least, that's my pathetic summary of the entire story. I'd love to say what the latest chapter is about, and how surprised I was at it, but nevertheless, I guess that'll mean spoilers. So. Forget that.

Kamisama Hajimemashita (神様はじめました).

About a very normal high school girl who is absolutely poor and hopeless, she has a chance encounter with an Earth God(who has abandoned his duties) and leads herself to an abandoned shrine maintained by a spirit fox kept by the Earth God.

The manga is still under the process of being translated, but it's really hilarious and cute. And yes, it's a love story too. :inlove: A comedy love story. Can't wait for the other volumes to finish their translation!

The first time I've ever read manga was last week.
I read Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend) by Yuu Watase--and only because it was Yuu Watase's.

I loved it. That's all I have to say. It's a quirky, strange, funny and sweet manga. I'm fascinated by stories of unfailing love and unusual situations it's placed in--though I don't want to say the same for my life:hmmm:

It makes you wonder if love like that can really exist.

Rozen Maiden

Possibly one of the best mangas I have ever read. Its funny, cute, and actually quite dramatic... It's about these dolls that are alive, and seek perfection. They have to fight eachother to obtain the magic that holds each doll together... If you lose your Rosa Mystica, you become just an ordinary doll. If one of them obtain all seven, they become 'alice' and you get to see 'Rozen' the maker of the dolls. Their beoved father.

I know it sounds stupid, but its actually really, reall good!

Hmm...last manga I read was probably "We Were There" and before that Sand Chronicles :P

Mod's Edit: Please put more effort into your post next time. Say what you liked about the manga or what happened in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouran High School Host Club 13

Argh what a cliffhanger to end on :( - it was interesing seeing Haruhi trying to deal with her feelings for Tamaki and how flustered it made her.

Parasyte

It wasn't actually an intentional choice. I happened to have allowed the site to choose for me a manga at random, and this was what it gave me. A really bloody manga, in my honest opinion. Nevertheless, still an interesting read.

It's about some alien species that invades Earth with an 'order' to eliminate the Human species. These species are able to infiltrate into the human body, and basically consume the brain to control the person, but not all of them are successful. The main character's a great example. He lost only a hand to the Parasite, who now lives as his right hand.

The story revolves around this character as he lives on his life with this parasite. I'm not too sure about the overall story yet, but I suppose for kids easily affected by blood and gore.. This isn't the best manga to read.

The last I read was Full Metal Alchemist. I'm barely on chapter 16 I believe, but I like the manga.

last manga I read was bleach,its at the current war with aizen,it seems that he has no where to run.omg but wheres gin and yamamoto,the 2 most intresting characters for battle didnt appear on screen for a while.

Hotel

It's a great one shot about an A.I. named Louis who experiences the 27 billion years that go by after the human race is finally extinct, and he does it all to complete on important mission. I recommend everyone read this. It won't take much time at all, since it's just a one chapter manga.

Hmmm my last manga i read was mission school .It is a manga about school girls killing people with super human powers ,guns, knives etc. It's good so far but it's kind of good, and weird too,and funny.

last manga i read is claymore. not to sure what chapter it is but its the newest one that i found in english. its the one where claire finally found priscilla again.

i think claymore is a really great manga, just too bad the anime version seem to have finish and it didn't continue on.

Ann Casandra

Good manga but too short...only a few chapters but it had a great story and good characters.

Well the story is a very intricate one, it got me interested right, away the character design was also an interesting one, the panel decision alone was eye catching to me yet in a midst of great action and story I still found some things that got me laughing and the art is never too shabby I also might add.

Here's a Link check it out: http://www.onemanga.com/Ann_Cassandra/1/01/

[Mod Edit: Could you please elaborate a little more in your posts in post count sections. Thanks.]

Last edited:
Back